Goat Tower of Baaa Is Pretty Darn Cool!

Findlay, Illinois, has some very happy goats thanks to Mr. David Johnson and his buddy Jack. David and Jack built a tower for goats. It is called the "Goat Tower of Baaa" by most. The goats have a great time making their way up and down that tower made of 5,000 bricks, hand-made bricks they are, and 276 concrete steps. The spiral tower has a diameter of 7 feet and is 31 feet tall. Apparently, a happy goat is a goat is a climbing goat. Driving by that goat tower is definitely an interesting sight to see!
Goats love to climb, I used to watch mine get on top of peoples cars, It was amazing
I am so glad the goats in Findlay, Illinois, get to climb all they want.
That is pretty cool . . . I'll bet the goats have a blast on that tower! I wonder how it is on the inside?
Well, I only saw it from the car since it is private property. I am curious about the inside too. My husband and I went to EIU too, as did my dad and grandmother, but the tower was built in 1999, so it was not around when we were at EIU.
@Corbin5 There are window openings there . . . and if I'm not mistaken, I think I see at goat hanging out of the bottom one? Maybe there is an elevator .
@much2say For tired or old goats, that elevator would come in pretty handy. Handy for me too.
that is great there.Climbing post.
Good exercise for those goats.
@Corbin5 very good exercise for them.I love goat.
@amadeo Me too. They really are comical creatures.
@topffer (30538)
• France
That's true, they are not afraid by rough terrain in mountains. I never saw something like this before, although there are many goats in my area, including in the public garden near my home. The idea looks great for a place like a public garden, I keep it in mind.
It really is quite attractive, in my opinion.
@topffer (30538)
• France
@Corbin5 The design is original for a barn, and it seems to work
• Lakewood, Colorado
The like I have never seen Deborah!! This is marvelous indeed. Bless them for making this.
It really looked so interesting when we drove passed it. Cannot get up close due to it being on private property. I bet the goats love that tower.
@YrNemo (8469)
Them goats are so lucky! I wonder if a lightweight person could also use it?
I would think it is pretty sturdy for a person who weighs about what a goat weighs. Goats can weigh between 44 and 310 pounds, so I would say that tower would probably hold a 110-120 pounder, but not sure about that.
@YrNemo (8469)
@Corbin5 It surely is a pretty tower. They should make a similar one for tourists and collect money. But what name they should give to that latter one ?
@YrNemo "Wanna Climb Like a Goat Tower."
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I wish I could have been around when those folks were building that tower. That's amazing. I'd love to have a couple of goats but they are hard to keep inside fences.
My in-laws had a goat on the 10 acres they had in Danville, IL. I am not sure how well he did staying on the property, but he did butt all the little grandchildren when he had the chance. They all fell down due to being butted so my sister-in-law would hold the goats horns until the little ones made it to the 2 other family homes on the property.
@sallypup (21757)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 Goats can be big enough to be dangerous plus they have hard hooves that can harm a person's head etc. They like to climb. I don't have a good enough fence for one.
@sallypup Then, no goats for you now. Maybe someday, but not now!!! Knowing you, my friend, if you had a sturdy fence, those goats would have a great life.
@Fleura (6159)
That's amazing, what dedicated owners those goats have! I bet they love it - although I would be worried that they would butt each other off!
I was thinking the same thing. I never heard of any goat falling off the tower, however.
@Madshadi (4607)
• Brussels, Belgium
That was so clever. And it made all the goats in the farm happy
Yes, I bet most goats do not have a tower to climb. I think there are similar towers for goats in other countries too.
@rina110383 (23047)
My first time to see a goat tower. Nice place for them.
The goats seem to enjoy that tower, for sure.
That's so neat! I'm sure they love it.
They seem to be having a great time in the video. I just saw it from the car window as we drove passed.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
They do like to climb.
It really is great that the goats owned by Mr. Johnson have the opportunity to climb anytime they want. I wonder if they climb it in winter? Might be slippery due to snow and ice.
@LoriAMoore (9922)
Cute. I like the fainting goats.
The fainting goats are hilarious. A fainting goat falling from the top of that tower could lead to disaster.
@FayeHazel (11583)
That's real neat. And sounds as though it is right out of Monty Pythons
Definitely Monty-Python worthy!
@FayeHazel (11583)
@Corbin5 I can hear it in a Brit accent "theeeeese are the guhts who say Baaaaaaaaaaah" lol
@bunnybon7 (33029)
• Holiday, Florida
how cute. how wonderful. I love it. wish I could watch it all day but got other things to do yet.
I got to see it when we drove passed, and I wasn't sure what it was until I searched online. I saw it a long time ago when our son was attending the university 45 minutes from that town.
@bunnybon7 (33029)
• Holiday, Florida
@Corbin5 you already see I love goats so you know I would love this. thanks
@bunnybon7 My in-laws had pygmy goats on the 10-acres of land they owned in Danville, IL. Those were cute goats.
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
I'm pretty sure I have been in Findlay but I don't think I have seen this. Going to have to check next time I am around that area.
We saw it when our son was in college at EIU. Heard of it, but just wanted to drive passed it to get a look.
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
@Corbin5 Oh ok it's near Charleston then, yup I knew I had been in that area. EIU is such a beautiful university.
That looks like fun, if I were younger I'd want to climb that thing ..... sorta. Did you take that photo?
No, I had to use a public domain photo, but we saw it on our way to Charleston, IL.
Well you picked a good one to use @Corbin5
Thats so cool!
The goats seem really happy with that tower.
@Corbin5 yes they do
@valmnz (13136)
• New Zealand
What a wonderul thing for them to do. I've never thought about goats being happier when they're climbing before.
They sure do seem to enjoy that tower. We drove passed the tower when our son was going to college in a nearby town. I suppose if we had asked politely, Mr. Johnson would have let us get a good look at the tower.
Aww they must really love goats. What s beautiful photo as well!
I think they have done a wonderful thing for those goats they own.