Turned down the extra hours.

Ponce De Leon, Florida
The night cashier for tonight called out, and my manager said I could have the hours if I wanted them. And under any other circumstance I would jump at the chance. But I'm tired and don't feel good, so I'm going to tell her no. I hate to do it. But I'm barely making it through my normal shift. Tacking on four more hours isn't going to work. And with that, I've gotta go work the last two hours of my shift.
@moffittjc (41986)
• Gainesville, Florida
That's the worst, when you need the extra hours but don't feel well enough to work. That's how I know when I'm truly sick, when I have no desire to pick up much-needed extra hours. But sometimes rest is what is needed most when you don't feel good. I hope you get some rest tonight, a wake tomorrow feeling nice and refreshed.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I have tomorrow off too. So hopefully this crud will go away. My chest is all congested and hurty. I really hope I'm not getting sick sick.
@moffittjc (41986)
• Gainesville, Florida
@thislittlepennyearns Do you need me to come rub your chest and make you feel all better?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@moffittjc sounds menthonlated. Lol
@YrNemo (11725)
I feel for you. Take care.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'm on the way home.
@YrNemo (11725)
@thislittlepennyearns Have a good rest. Take care. God bless.
@fishtiger58 (30347)
• Momence, Illinois
My son works in an Amazon warehouse and last week 50 hours and now until Christmas they are working 60 hours a week, yikes. I hope you feel better soon.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I just couldn't do it tonight.
@fishtiger58 (30347)
• Momence, Illinois
@thislittlepennyearns Sometimes the mind is willing the body not so much.
You need to go home and relax. Working retail can be very stressful this time of year.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'm on my way home now. Only thirty minutes late.
@thislittlepennyearns hope you are able to get some rest
Soldier on. A movie awaits you.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I hope so.
@bunnybon7 (35831)
• Holiday, Florida
that is tough. I know my daughter struggles through sometimes when she is fighting sinus or allergy pain and sickness. I used to do the same. just not good to pile on more. the economy is killing us all