Please don't move!

Earlier today my mom got a text message from my 88 year old Grandmother saying that "her" house had sold, and they were moving to New Hampshire - so if we wanted any furniture or anything, to let her know. But I'm the one who saw the message, as my moms phone was in the livingroom on the table while she was loading the washer with laundry. So I brought it to her, and told her she better call my Grandmother and find out what's actually going on. So she did. And yup, my Grandmother's "boyfriend" sold the house. So now they'll be moving to New Hampshire from Massachusetts, by January. Along with my Uncle who lives with them, and maybe my other Uncle who is living in another part of the state. Now.. I honestly don't care if my Uncle's move, because they've both already moved a few times during my lifetime, and one of them has always been a huge.. butt..! But I don't want my Grandmother to move!! She's never lived more than five minutes from us my whole life. And I'm going to miss her sooo much!! Ugh I hate this! Merry early Christmas to us
I am so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how upset you must be.
Its tough to believe
@Courtlynn it would have been nice if she had given you some warnung ahead of time so that you knew she was plannung to sell her house and move.
@Happy2BeMe he's been saying they were going to sell for 2 or 3 years now. But their house is shyt hole. So it never sold any time people have looked at it. But they should've looked for a place before selling, as well.
I'm terribly sorry. I can understand how upset you are.
Growing up, i was so close to the woman.. in really hurting.
@Courtlynn I understand completely. Giant hugs for you. Perhaps you can visit. NH isn't too far from you.
@DianneN nope can't. My grandmother wont drive here from there and my mom wont there from here.
Again I am so sorry. =( I wish it wasn't happening.
You and us both. thanks.
@moffittjc (35708)
• Gainesville, Florida
It sucks that she's moving, but at least she's staying somewhat in the same geographic area. It would be devastating if she would have told you she was moving to California or something. I hope that there are ways you guys can still visit each other even after she moves. Grandparents are such wonderful assets to have in the family.
No, they'll be no way unless they come to visit for holidays.
@moffittjc (35708)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn I hope they find a way to come visit you then. Because it's important that they do!
@moffittjc shes not moving now. Person who was going to buy backed out
• Eugene, Oregon
That is quite a move for someone her age. Are there other relatives in New Hampshire?
Nope. The guy just decided thats where. And my Grandmother hates being cold, and is cold enough here where she has lived her whole life
• Eugene, Oregon
@Courtlynn Is he her age too?
@JamesHxstatic i want to say hes older but may be wrong.
Can legally the boyfriend sell her house?
Its his house, not her .. so yes he can.
@Courtlynn In that case, I suppose it is alright.
@marguicha yup. His house. His choice. But she has nowhere to go so going with. Same with my uncle
I hope your Grandmother will be happy when she moves. You will miss her a lot. Stay in touch with her to make sure she is alright.
She hates the cold and bwing away from family, so i know she wont be. But will do my best to stay in touch. As she doesnt stay in touch much now.
You could go visit her and have overnights.
Nope. Few personal reasons why that wouldn't ever happen. But her not driving here from there is a reason as well, and us to there is another.
@ebanreb (4798)
Hard but need to accept it. Merry Christmas to you my friend
There's no "we".. and I'll accept it, eventually.
@Fleura (6203)
Oh dear what a nasty shock! I hope your Grandmother is still in control and her 'boyfriend' isn't trying to take control of her house and her life.
Its his house, so of course he has control. She has nowhere else to go so has to go with him
@Fleura (6203)
@Courtlynn That doesn't sound so good to me.
@Fleura not totally bad either