It Took A While But......

I love to shop. Some of you already know that. The last Thursday of the month is "seniors day" at Shoppers Drug Store. And I used air quotes for seniors day because they give 10% off to anyone aged 55 and up. And it took a while, but I finally reached that age a couple of months ago. And today I stopped and bought a bottle of Taylor Swift perfume (which is next to impossible to find in stock) and a pretty candy cane Christmas broach and I had $10 worth of points to redeem for my purchase, plus my seniors discount, plus the stuff was on sale.........the grand total was under $10. I almost fell over! Of course if you spent $50 you got a bonus $10 gift card, but I literally didn't have the time to do that much shopping or I would have. I love little incentives like that. Do you get any age-related perks when shopping?
Although I am just 52 I still get senior discount at Publix but they know me and they... well . They shouldnt but they give it to me.
I remember someone gave it to me at Sears when I was about the same age. I think that its a pretty easy discount for them to apply and there cannot be many rules. But once you actually can get it all of the time........I think that its SO nice.
@YrNemo (8553)
Some stores have a certain day for seniors when we would have 10% off storewide I think.
I like that discount, money is my pocket is better then in theirs.
@YrNemo (8553)
No, we do not have age-related discounts, but our main stores have a "fidelity card", you get points every time you buy and you convert the points into a gift card at the end of the year. I receive sometimes free points to participate to their survey. Right now I have points to redeem 85$ in cash and I have a 500 points coupon that I got yesterday. May be I can reach $100 before the year ends.
@Juliaacv If not, the points are not lost, I will ask a gift card for the amount I have reached and the leftover will be used next year.
Wow thats awesome! And my kind of shopping! Nope, not me lol
So many of the social benefits of our province are directed towards young parents, and people in their 20's and 30's and it makes me feel forgotten. This is a nice little perk, that I waited a long time to enjoy. I really like it when we eat at a restaurant that has a seniors menu.
@Juliaacv I'm glad you have perks now to enjoy. Most places here have discounts for seniors.
My fiance got his first seniors diacount at Lawtons pharmacy yesterday. I still have a few more months before i get any.
I just love that discount. A couple of people that I work with, that area clearly older then I am (by about 5 years) told me that they've never gotten the discount and asked me why. I told them I always ask the cashier if I will get my discount and after they tell me that I look too young for it, they apply it.
@Juliaacv That is great. I think the cashiers are sometimes are afraid to offend people so they don't ask because some people get upset if they aren't a senior or even if they are and they don't think they look like one.
@sishy7 (27295)
No, not yet... I haven't quite reached the eligible age... Some shops here offer senior discount too especially for grocery and medicines...
I don't believe that our grocery stores offer any discounts.
Wow that's pretty cool.
Yeah, I was impressed.
Isn't that great? We often ask about discounts for seniors and sometimes we strike it lucky.
Its just so nice!
@rina110383 (23071)
No, I wish we have that here. Seniors here have 20% discount when buying meds though.
No discounts for me yet. I will have to remember to ask to see about those.
@JESSY3236 (5048)
not yet. I'm not of that age yet.
It feels good when it hits you, enjoy it when that comes!
@Fleura (6196)
Sounds like you got some real bargains there!
I love a sale!