Pro-age

@FayeHazel (19951)
I've often wondered why aging is cast in such a poor light. Sure there are aspects of aging that are not good at all - like lack of energy, bones get brittle, wrinkles, etc. But there's good things too, like life experience, wisdom... and there's good and bad things at all points in life - but no one speaks of anti-youth movements or anti-middle aged movements. Only anti-aging. Sure, I guess we wouldn't want any products that accelerate the bad parts of aging such as - oh yeah wrinkle cream (that causes wrinkles) - but why do we look at grey hair and laugh lines as equaling - no longer desirable? One woman, a model and make up artist named Cindy Joseph feels the same way - she actually created a line of cosmetics that she calls pro-age. I have never used the cosmetics, so I cant' vouch for them. However I find her attitude very inspiring. Here's an article with her thoughts on not fighting aging :
With laugh lines and a full head of long silver hair, Cindy Joseph is defying all age barriers. She started modeling at the age of 49 when a casting agen...
I think I am more tolerant than I was. And if something bothers me I'm more likely to just walk away and not get in a sweat about stuff.
@YrNemo (14717)
We no longer have the energy to be aggressive about trivial things .
@YrNemo That's about the truth of it. I can't be bothered getting upset about things now.
@YrNemo (14717)
@cahaya1983 (10038)
I don't know if it's because of my age now or anything but I've never understood why aging seems to scare some people and especially women. I think worrying about aging is what actually makes people "age".
@dpk262006 (56482)
You are very right.
@FayeHazel (19951)
That is another beautiful attitude. I will try to remember for myself. I think sometimes it's to do with the media (trying to convince us we can never look young enough) and or some men's attitudes. (When I was 30, a 53 year old told me that I was too old for him. Wow. )
@cahaya1983 (10038)
@FayeHazel 30 is too old? You probably should have said the same to him!
@WorDazza (10091)
• Manchester, England
I have certainly aged but I've never grown up. I think that helps to keep you feeling and even looking younger. No matter what her age Cindy Joseph is an incredibly attractive woman. Proves that growing old gracefully can often be far more attractive than trying to defy the march of time with excessive surgery.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Ah well worded @WorDazza . I think you fit the "not grown up" bit. lol. And good on you, too! Keeping a light heart is worth a lot. I agree. (I'm straight) but Cindy is equally as attractive as the younger models out and about today. She seems so effortlessly elegant. You are right again -- Meg Ryan is a good example of the latter
@WorDazza (10091)
• Manchester, England
@FayeHazel There is a certain elegance about an attractive older woman that most young women just can't seem to pull off. I remember seeing Meg Ryan in Inner Space back in the 80s. I couldn't believe anyone could be so attractive!!
@FayeHazel (19951)
@WorDazza Bless you for realizing that too. Seems like a lot of men (maybe a lot of women too?) don't understand that. I went to a big bellydance convention once, saw a lot of performers. Everyone was fantastic and talented, however the older ladies just danced with so much more... grace, elegance, confidence.... something like that. It is a quality that I can't find words for, but it's true and it's truly awesome to see.
Maybe not many people are so against youth or middle age as they are with the concept of loosing either facet of existence . . .
@FayeHazel (19951)
That could be too. Age is a part of change
@FayeHazel I like to embrace it with at least integrity and good health so I strive for that , so far so good and ya know silver-white actually looks good strewn through straw-blonde hair at my age
@FayeHazel (19951)
@enlightenedpsych2 - That is a most healthy outlook. :-) I have often thought that grey hair can be really pretty :-)
• Eugene, Oregon
At my age, I have to be pro-age. Baldness started early, and I like to think that wisdom comes with wear. Some people gain a "classic" look as they age.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Nothing wrong with baldness. There is a certain distinguished look that comes to people as they age. Not all a bad thing.
It's sad really how older people are not respected when they start showing age. In many cultures the elderly are greatly respected, but that seems to be changing in the US where youth is everything. Good for her, she really is pretty, and didn't let anyone define who she is.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Ah yes. That is sad, the disrespect we show most of our elderly population. I wonder why it seems mostly to be a US. thing. She's stunning. Nothing to fear getting older :-)
@YrNemo (14717)
There are so many pro-age creams on the market that you would be surprised. They are under different names, that's all. Most of them expensive, too expensive that I rather get some wrinkles naturally than worrying about where I could find the money to get a tiny jar of cream. It is good that with aging, we are less desirable. Just imagine, with less energy, weak bones etc, and had to run for our life too because some people had lusted after us. Ew . (You are still very young and atrractive, a baby to me and many other members here .)
@FayeHazel (19951)
Ah, one of my friends looked for an anti wrinkle cream. I was surprised at the cost. I didn't know a teeny tiny little jar could cost that much. I love your outlook. I guess you're right, a time for everything. Ha ha... oh I do appreciate that. I'm 35. Actually I noticed a big decline in the amount of male attention I attract ever since age 30. :/
@YrNemo (14717)
@FayeHazel Oh no, they are still watching you but in a more discreet manner . Up to age 48 or so, I think most of us females are still very attractive, like a yummy ripe fruit.
@FayeHazel (19951)
@YrNemo Ah... well, discreet I can deal with. :-) Thank you, you have given me a whole new way to look at this. I tend to agree. Mature women are wonderfully attractive as well, exuding a grace and elegance that youth simply don't have yet.
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I also find her attitude very inspiring . I have recently told my sister that thanks to aging, certain things have stopped freaking me out...and that is a positive. :)
@FayeHazel (19951)
That's a good thing. :-) I find I get a little less perfectionist as I age. Another good thing.
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@FayeHazel , that is a good thing :-) . Takes a bit of pressure off a person.
@FayeHazel (19951)
@bluesa Ah yes, a breath of fresh air
Very interesting. I have never heard of them. I am a senior citizen and I for one do not like growing older.
@FayeHazel (19951)
True, there are some negatives as I'm just starting to find out.... however some positives such as life experience :-)
@FayeHazel Faye, positives are good.
@FayeHazel (19951)
@Hannihar I agree
Very interesting and, a lot of good things about aging most become better people.
@FayeHazel (19951)
True! I find that I am little less perfectionist as I get older, that's a good thing :-)
Can stop it, unless you get a face lift but that could turn out bad, like Kenny Rogers bad.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Ha ha! Yes. Or Meg Ryan. She used to be so pretty before that cosmetic procedure,whatever she had done
It's an interesting idea. I would love to stop the aging process and continue to look youthful.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Sometimes I wonder if it's in how make up is applied, or hair cuts... if those things change as we get older, maybe our younger "style" makes us look older? Just a thought I've been mulling over
@FayeHazel That could very well be. I've seen older women with long hair, and they look like they're trying to look young and not doing a very good job of it. Then again, if done right can look elegant.
@FayeHazel (19951)
@just4him That's very true. Or sometimes clothes. I think people should wear what makes them happy, but sometimes a little different style would enhance the person/not look desperate
Then again, I'm 53 and still as irresponsible as ever!
@FayeHazel (19951)
Hm, but then you are also wiser :-)
@FayeHazel - Don't count on that!
I think the same as@DianneN - I will fight them every step of the way - but as naturally as possible.
@FayeHazel (19951)
True, it is going to happen, but no need to do anything bizarre to fight it
I hate my wrinkles but what can you do no one stays looking young forever.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Ah, true, sometimes there is not much one can do, but embrace it
@tzwrites (4954)
I think most people don't want to age so they view ageing as a negative thing and always put negative thoughts with ageing.
@FayeHazel (19951)
True, I didn't think of that. People usually don't like change and age is a part of change
@dpk262006 (56482)
With age one gets experience and tolerance power and that are the positive side of aging.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Very true right there
This is interesting. Something to think about
@FayeHazel (19951)
It changed my outlook
@kepweng (18623)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nice but even these product invented its Useless!
@FayeHazel (19951)
I agree -- a lot of the anti-age products don't really work. Or at least not as magically as people hope they would
@BloggerDi (921)
Thanks for sharing this @FayeHazel. Bravo Cindy Joseph! I'm 54 and I love being this age. I'm grateful for the life lessons I've learned to this point. I'm looking forward to learning more. I see physical changes in my face and body, but I don't hate them. I'm thankful to be fairly healthy!
@FayeHazel (19951)
So welcome, it is something that truly speaks to my heart. Where did youth start being seen as the only attractive thing? It isn't the only attractive quality... You're right, health is the most important. Here's to getting older and wiser