Believe It or Not? Jesus Was Not Born in December

@dodoazo (11384)
One reason is Jesus was wrapped in a swaddling cloth or pieces of cloth. December has a very cold weather. The baby Jesus would be frozen and there's no enough heat on the cattle's quarter. Well, It's to you depend your reason why Jesus was born in December. But I know that the infant Jesus was born other than December in which the weather is not or it's the winter season.
@gnatsmom (770)
When one compares historical documents to the events surrounding Christ's birth, it was more likely that He was born around late September to early October. However, that does not mean celebrating his birth on December 25 negates one's faith. Talking about these issues does not have to be an argumentative debate. It can be friendly conversation. What one does with the information or how they let it affect them is up to the individual. However, I see no reason for this not to be an acceptable venue for discussion as long as we respect one another, even in disagreement.
@dodoazo (11384)
December 25 has already been accepted as the birth of Jesus. For me, there's nothing to argue. And I haven't heard or noticed others celebrating it than December 25.
@gnatsmom (770)
@dodoazo Ummm, yea, I didn't say we needed to argue with each other. I simply said we should be able discuss it civilly, no matter the viewpoint.
@dodoazo (11384)
@gnatsmom That is right. We are here to discuss it in a nice way but not to the point of arguing. I have made clear. Probably to other users.
I have also heard this but unsure if I believe it or not while cold not completely impossible with a fire and all those animals to keep him warm.
@dodoazo (11384)
We're here to share what we know. We're here to reason together but not to prove that other faiths are false. Just stick to what you believe in.
@miketagz (1329)
It doesn't matter where or when Jesus was born, as long as we remember him.
@dodoazo (11384)
That's the correct point of view. We have Jesus as a savior and redeemer for us sinners.
@miketagz (1329)
@dodoazo Yeah.
@dodoazo (11384)
@miketagz Be of good cheer for we have the unfeigned love of our Heavenly Father to save us sinners by giving son unto as our savior and redeemer. Jesus' birth is that great love.
I don't think we'll ever know when he was born. Since everyone had to travel to their birth towns for the census, it would seem weird they would do so in the winter. I'm not sure when He was born, but I'm so thankful that He was.
@dodoazo (11384)
We're so thankful that there's a Jeus who was born as prophesied by the prophet of old.
I know, it was under a Roman Emperor that it was decided to celebrate Christmas on December 25th. Anyway he was born in a place where it's not cold, even in winter.
@dodoazo (11384)
That's what I also learned it's the Roman Catholic that decreed to celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25'and nobody changed it anymore to the right one.
@dodoazo The fact is that nobody knows for sure which is the right one. Even the historian only can guess a date, but they are not sure.
@dodoazo (11384)
@LadyDuck That is correct. I a just pointing it here that it could be possible that Jesus is not born in December. Anybody could say its own observation and let's respect as one user has put it - it should be done civily.
@1creekgirl (8807)
There are some facts that we'll never be sure of this side of heaven, but what truly matters is that Jesus actually was born and then gave his life as a sacrifice for us.
@dodoazo (11384)
That's the point. Jesus was born as a big infeigned love of our Heavenly Father to save the sinners.
@Lumartz (71)
i think the real birth month of Jesus was in october, but i don`t know the exact date lol
@dodoazo (11384)
That's your privilege to express what you believe for a religion is a practical one. You've your point. I respect it. We're not here to prove everyone wrong.
@Madshadi (5013)
• Brussels, Belgium
I already heard that several times. I would however like to know the religious point of view of celebrating Christmas based on that information
@dodoazo (11384)
I am very willing to share it here. But I don't think this could be a better venue to discuss it openly. At least I have given anyone idea.
@1hopefulman (20483)
I think October is probably a more correct month but we do not know the exact date but it was definitely not December.
@dodoazo (11384)
Thanks for that idea. At least you have the point. The date is the idea which has made it controversial as far as the birth of Jesus is concerned.
@kepweng (6444)
Who said that jesus where Not born in december???
@dodoazo (11384)
Please read the situation I have presented above. If reread you will know the real situation.
@kepweng (6444)
@dodoazo i think even jesus Born in december Nothing Impossible beacuase hes a God!!
@dodoazo (11384)
@kepweng He is still an infant. He has no power yet. He is still growing until he reached his teen age or youth as it is recorded in the Bible. It has nothing to do with His divinity or a God about his birth.
No idea when he was born.
@dodoazo (11384)
December 25 was traditionally practiced by most Christians, but others who were in the know claimed it that it's not. The big question is when?
@sugartoes (34845)
• Greencastle, Indiana
well I'm not really into when he was born but I know that without him in our lives what our lives can be like, cause there's a LOT of people I have seen that don't have him in their lives & the things I have seen them battle with O M G.
IT is Unbiblical NOT to Celebrate THE COMING OF THE CHRIST (Christmas) I CAN GIVE YOU 11 BIBLICAL reasons (Below) why we should celebrate the birth SPECIFICA...
@dodoazo (11384)
We have no problem of celebrating the birth of jesus Christ. The point of discussion is the factual date of his birth.