It Didn't Work

I eat an apple every day. I always figure that an apple a day will keep the doctor away. And it also fills me, so I try to nibble on some apple slices about an hour before I usually get the late afternoon munchies. I do the same in the evening, it keeps my fingers out of the cookie jar, plus its healthier for me. Today though, I have to go to the hospital. And I haven't missed a single day of eating my apples, but still they called me and need me there for 3 hours. I have to have my pre-admission work done. I will be meeting with a nurse-she'll weigh me and take my blood pressure and list my prescription medications and what-not, and then I have to meet with the anesthesiologist. And that I will say I really do need to speak with because I have had difficulty with the drugs that they use in the past. ~Picture is of me and a nephew I'll still take my apple with me to work, and nibble on it in the late afternoon when others are reaching for chips and cookies. But in the long run I don't know if it really worked or not.
I do the same but it has not helped my health issues in anyway. It is more to do with the genes then the apples I believe. Wishing you all the best today as you are prepared for your upcoming surgery.
Thanks, it never bothered me going to the hospital in our old town, but this is so new, I'm nervous just going there. But I have to settle down, because when I go next week for my surgery I have to be calm in order for things to go successfully. I had a bad experience going under once and ever since then I find that I'm more nervous.
@Juliaacv I can understand your nervousness but like they told me surgery goes better if you go into it with a calm relaxed attitude. I hope you can find that place before the surgery.
@Juliaacv That is nice. When they put me under for my surgery he is was just talking to me about my job and before I know it was up and it was over. The time before I was fighting it so hard because they may be count backwards and it freaked me out.
It doesn't sound like that saying is true after all huh? I will be praying for God's arms to be around you while you are there today.
Thanks Jenn, I have to get past this nervous feeling. Just going to that hospital I find scary.
Good luck with your upcoming procedures. It is normal to be a bit anxious and worried but I hope things will turn out well.
Thanks, they were so kind to me today when we discussed my procedure. I feel much more at ease now.
@Juliaacv That's very good news. It is exhausting to be continually REALLY worried about something.
@JudyEv It is, and I don't want that as it will not allow me to heal properly.
During the late fall months I eat a lot of apples. We have an apple tree in the back yard so it is a free snack for me. I love it!
I eat them each and every single day.
@Juliaacv I had about 6 small ones for dinner with dip I made last week. Both were getting old and I wasn't hungry for a big meal so this hit the spot.
@shaggin Mmmm, sounds delicious-enjoy!
• Peoria, Arizona
Apples have caused me nothing but trouble, but hey if apples were a miracle worker, we would all be eating them. At least they are something good to enjoy. Good luck with everything and wishing you all the best!
I find that they fill me if I munch on one an hour or so before a meal.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Juliaacv Ooof, my stomach would hate me haha I used to eat a lot of apples and now they just mess my stomach up because of the skin and such
@DesirousDreamer I always peel my apples. I actually peel 1 large apple and slice it up every day. And then when I feel peckish, I just reach for the container of apple slices and they don't brown as long as the apples are fresh and they are in an air-tight container.
Sending you good thoughts today as you have to go for your pre-admission work. My mom was a firm believer in eating an apple every day and I can't say if it worked or not.
Thanks. Your Mom was a smart lady. I have to think that eating apples has to be healthier for me then some of the quick choices that I see others stuffing their faces with at work.
That's one food I can't eat unless they are cooked, can't chew an apple with no teeth
I'll bet that you could munch on some apple slices if they were a soft variety, like Granny Smith or gold delicious.
I have to get back into eating my apple a day to keep the doctor away. Not sure if that works, but yes, they are good for you so it is a win win no matter what. Hope all went well with your appointment.
Thanks it did go well, they were able to ease my mind a bit as far as what they will give me to knock me out. I'm looking forward to having it over with, I am starting to get pain and I don't like that.
@Juliaacv what type of surgery are you having? I hope that it ends your pain!
@ElusiveButterfly I'm having some cysts removed from my lady parts. They are giving me a fair bit of pain and as well as the other unpleasant issues that go along with cysts in that area.
Apples are good, mcintosh are ones i eat.. hope you got answers today
I did get some answers yesterday at the hospital. I feel more confident and safer now. I am trying to figure out what we'll do in the morning before we go to the hospital, I kind of want to go shopping since I won't be able to drive for 24 hours afterwards and I cannot eat or drink and if I just sit around, I might get nervous.
@Juliaacv oh good I'm glad! Yay. Yeah that might be a good idea.
@Courtlynn I want to be kept busy, and I don't want it to be a waste of time. I thought that on Friday if I feel up to it I'd make a few no bake bars for Christmas.
@Platespinner (18566)
I suspect you would be in much worse straits healthwise had you eaten chocolate bars and chips for your afternoon snacks. Praying for you today!
Thanks. I suppose that you are correct. I feel that they will look after me next week when I go for my surgery. I explained how scared I am and how my heart races and how difficult it is to put me under, so she suggested that she would be able to give me a little something to settle me just before I go to the OR.
@Juliaacv I had major surgery to repair a broken femur many, many years ago. They gave me valium before the anesthesiologist even arrived and after that, they could have done pretty much anything to me and I would have just been amused.
@Platespinner Ortho surgery sounds a lot more dangerous and scary then what I'm having done. But I still hope that what they give me amuses me!
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
I hope all goes well for you... as for the apples....,well they are definitely a healthier option than cakes, chips and cookies ... lol
Thanks, I appreciate that. I read up on growths, tumors and cysts and apparently some people are just prone to growing them. I think that I'm one of them since I've had a 6 tumors removed and countless cysts.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
@Juliaacv that must be quite reassuring for you...
@Spassion (41)
What's your main problem? I think you might be able to find a solution on youtube. These days, i checked on youtube and found out that it is full of so many ways to treat illnesses such as diabetes and many more, without taking medications. Also, trust God can heal your with prayer.
I have some cysts growing that need to be removed.
@Juliaacv Let me check on youtube later, there may be something to recommend. Though i don't have this and i haven't try, it may be able to work. I have seen some videos about things that i tried in the past that worked.
I feel like the apple thing is like how carrots are good for your eyes. I ate carrots galore and have always needed vision correction. Keep us informed on how it goes, if you can.
But......if we eat apples and carrots and bananas and kiwi and fresh broccoli and cucumbers, then we're eating a lot more healthier then if we were not, right? I had my pre-admit appointment yesterday. I met with a nurse as well as the doctor that will knock me out. The nurse was very sympathetic when she asked for my past medical history, she told me that she feels sorry that I had brain surgery just 2 days after my 12th birthday. But I reassured I told her that it deepened my faith and independence and has made me grateful for every little thing in my life. There's a silver lining to every dark cloud.
@Juliaacv You have lived four people's medical issues.
@YrNemo (8678)
A lady from Bubblews told us that she and her siblings faithfully ate apples every day but still got sick like everyone else.
You have to do more then just eat an apple a day. I maintain a well-balanced meal to make sure that I get as many natural vitamins as possible. But, I know that sometimes this isn't enough.
@YrNemo (8678)
It's been a long time since I've had any apples. I hope that your appointment went well. The worst part of any surgery for me is the anesthesia. I had a really bad reaction afterwards and last time they put a patch on my neck to stop me from having the reaction and it worked very well.
Good luck with the pre op and the coming surgery.
Thanks, I am awfully nervous because I had a bad experience going under once, and I do not want to have to go thru that again.
@ebanreb (4782)
Eating apple is not sufficient we need other nutrients and minerals
May be the apples are no more as healthy as the used to be, unless we have an apple tree in the garden.
@jobelbojel (5145)
I just eaten an apple tonight. Makes me wonder if it works! An apple a day is 7 apples a week - I just heard.