Top of the Morning to You All

Portland, Connecticut
Good morning everyone, I haven't been around much in the last few days. I have been feeling a little bit off. I went to the doctor on Tuesday thinking perhaps I had a UTI. While there was a trace of blood in my urine no bacteria was found. They did a more in-depth test at the hospital and no it is not a UTI. While I am glad, I have never had a UTI, I now have to wonder exactly what is going on. I am going to take it easy for a few days and see if things calm down in my innards. It could be my IBS I suppose but of course, the doctor used the C word which always makes us feel a little worried. I am pretty sure it is not too serious but I want to let my body heal itself. I have to be careful not to eat anything to set it off again. While I realize this is probably TMI, I thought I would let everyone know why I have not been around especially at the end of the month. I am very glad that I got off to a great start on the holiday decorating I need to just get back into tip top shape for baking and bagging all my gifts. I usually am as healthy as a horse and I really hate feeling less than perfect but I think I need to take the time to get better now so that everything else can happen this month. A month from today we will be leaving for Florida. So how is your Friday?
Sorry you haven't been well. I'm glad you're giving your body a chance to heal itself. Rest and quiet is sometimes all that is needed to cure a minor illness which I hope is what this is.
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you so much, I agree and I am taking it easy and seeing if everything will right itself.
@Ganma7 (2067)
@BelleStarr Are you okay?
• Portland, Connecticut
@Ganma7 I am almost back to 100% it is has been a week and a half of being not well and it gets old pretty quick at this time of yearr with so much to do. Thanks for caring.
IBS only causes blood in the urine if bacteria migrates from the colon to the bladder, so it should not be IBS. It can be a kidney stones problem.
• Portland, Connecticut
I got another call from the doctor today and there was no blood in the urine in the second test so that was a red herring. I am suffering from some other symptoms of IBS so I hope that is all it is. I have never had kidney stones and the doctor did mention that but my pain was nowhere near the kidneys so they ruled that out. I hate having something that can't be easily diagnosed.
@BelleStarr When I had the problem, my doctor said that my stones were like "sand" so small that they did not cause pain, but they caused a little blood in the urine.
I don't know why doctors are so quick to use the C word. Take some rest and get back to tip top shape before the holiday really starts.
• Portland, Connecticut
Me either, while I wasn't very upset it didn't really need to be said at that point. Hopefully, it never will need to be said again .
@hereandthere (24150)
no, it's not tmi. i've seen/skipped worse. it's not a stone, either? i agree it's best to prioritize your health for now, and update us when you're ready.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am taking acidophilus and it seems to be helping the IBs to calm down so I think that is what it is.
I will be praying it is nothing serious. I hope you start feeling better soon.
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you, the prayers have helped I am feeling better, not perfect yet but better and getting better every day.
Hope it doesn't amount to anything serious and you are feeling better quickly. Seems like all the snowbirds are heading to Florida
• Portland, Connecticut
Oh yah, its that time of year. It is nothing serious, IBS but it is annoying and uncomfortable none the less . I can't wait to get to the warmer climate.
Good morning and hopefully you will enjoy a great December.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am looking forward to enjoying the month.
@bunnybon7 (33112)
• Holiday, Florida
it was okay i think. usual sick old gal i am. wish my body would heal itself . lol. hope you are better soon
• Portland, Connecticut
I am taking acidophilus and it seems to be helping quite a lot. I am about 90%
@bunnybon7 (33112)
• Holiday, Florida
@BelleStarr will look it up. thanks
• Portland, Connecticut
@bunnybon7 It is a natural pro-biotic to make your gut happy when you are taking an anti-biotic usually. It has good bacteria in it so I thought I would get my gut some help!!
@sallypup (21924)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I hope you start to feel fantastic soon. Especially since you are headed to Florida.
• Portland, Connecticut
Thanks Lenore, today I am actually feeling more like myself not completely pain free but better.
@sallypup (21924)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BelleStarr Go you! Less pain is fantastic.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
I hope this Late response finds you feeling better, try not to worry about what it is... like you said rest and Quiet will help you to heal...
• Portland, Connecticut
I am not back to 100% but I am improving every day.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
@BelleStarr Good ...am pleased to hear it...
So sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you get better soon
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you, I desperately hope so too.
I hope you feel better soon. Glad it's not UTI. My day started out frustrating, but it's all good. I'm home, and I'm not going to worry about my frustration.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am glad you are not letting your frustration ruin your day.
@BelleStarr Several people at Writer's Guild last night told me I shouldn't wait for the books to come back, but to go ahead and order new and send them out again. Next time they go UPS with insurance coverage on them. They didn't even ask about insurance when I sent them out. However, I'm not upset like I was the first day I learned of it. I just don't like the waste of money in needing to order more books.
@Fleura (6225)
Oh dear if you are the kind of person who is pretty much always healthy, it's a horrible shock when things are not right. Hope everything sorts itself out.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am trying to heal myself and I am getting better day by day. I started taking acidophilus and the improvement was almost immediate,
@Fleura (6225)
@BelleStarr That's wonderful, well done!
@mohit459 (2904)
• Haldwani, India
Good morning!.. Just fine
• Portland, Connecticut
Glad to hear it.
@mohit459 (2904)
• Haldwani, India
@Elizaby (3405)
• Pensacola, Florida
Many are dianois with UTIs especially if the doctors don't know. It is almost a joke hen residents are sent out from a nursing home to the Er that UTI would be mention even if they are sent out with other symtoms
• Portland, Connecticut
It did seem that it was the likely culprit but I am glad it wasn't. I would rather not take anti-biotics
@Ganma7 (2067)
So sorry to read this my friend,. Please take good care of yourself. Keep us posted. Prayers & hugs to you xxoo
• Portland, Connecticut
Thanks, I hope by tomorrow I will be almost perfect but it may take a few more days.
@YrNemo (8608)
I was busy as usual, but that day, with an extra task of tutoring some kids.
• Portland, Connecticut
Well, that makes for a full day.
I hope your feeling well soon. I know those kind of illnesses can take a toll on the body.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am just very uncomfortable and it is getting better every day but slowly.
It's already Saturday here and so far so good to me.
• Portland, Connecticut
Good to hear.
I'm no doctor, but I'm glad more tests were done. It could just be a freak thing. Meanwhile, you will be in my prayers. We leave on Monday!
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you so much, prayers are always welcome. I am going to hope that by Monday I will be feeling better or else I will make another appointment.