80s new wave mania: "Let Me Go" Heaven 17 (1982)

Los Angeles, California
Heaven 17 was one of the first UK synthpop outfits. From Sheffield, Heaven 17 was formed in 1980 by vocalist Glenn Gregory and Human League co-founders and keyboardists Ian Craig Marsh and Martin Ware who had left that band due to creative differences. The name was borrowed from a fictional band in Anthony Burgess’ novel “A Clockwork Orange.” The band broke through on US alternative radio with the fast thumping “We Don’t Need No Fascist Groove Thing.” From the album “The Luxury Gap,” “Let Me Go” receives group writing credit and is the only Heaven 17 song to crack Billboard Hot 100 reaching #32 and #4 on the dance chart. The melodic heavy bass synthasizer sound makes “Let Me Go” a classic synthpop example. The band was far more successful in its native UK with a number of hits. Heaven 17 lives on though Marsh exited in 2007.
Heaven 17 en Generation 80.
I don't remember them at all, and this was the music I loved back then. I looked up the Fascist song, and I don't think they played their music on the radio here.
I love this song! I can't explain it but it puts me in a certain mood - definitely brings me back to the 80s. I should really go back to discover that entire album.
@FourWalls (9946)
Yeah, I remember this. Haven’t heard it in ages. Thanks for reminding me of it!
@LoriAMoore (9986)
I don't think I'm going to know anything in this series, but I'm enjoying it.
I remember this song it is a good one, it was a bit of time I did not hear about this group.
Awesome! I always thought they were better than The Human League.
Really? I am a Human League fan.
@JohnRoberts - I'm definitely not saying that I don't like Human League, but I just liked Heaven 17 better. Either way, you really can't go wrong.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Are you just trying to stump me now?
Kids! Haven't they heard any songs more than 10 years old?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JohnRoberts That's not true and you know it
@shivamani10 (10678)
• Hyderabad, India
This is a good song.I know that. This was an after this I joined in my job for the first time.