I Do This Each Year In December

Anniston, Alabama
For I know a good 10 - 12 years I have sponsored a family, sometimes filling all the children`s wish list for Christmas, sometimes just a few gifts. This year I have split the gifts and I am knocking off part of the rent for several tenants, that have a house filled with children. I know their struggle and I am blessed by God, so I feel they need this little bit of help. I was making the list and I noticed so many of the people have passed away or are no longer in my life. One is sad, he was in his 80`s and this old couple expected cookies each year and I found out he passed away a few weeks ago, I think he had heart problems. I am sure my oldest friend this year is 90 or maybe 91 years old, she is just now beginning to not walk so good so she parks her car close to the front door. I don`t think I will mail any out this year like I used to, postage costs to much. Next week I will begin to bake daily and give the cookies away, wrapped in foil with a big bow or curly tails one on top. I am hoping Tony will be the delivery man Do you do anything special in December?
I do all year long here Andrea.
Hmmm, what do I do all year? I do send money to St. Jude`s regular but its not much but I do.
@andriaperry Good for you that is a good one there.St.Jude
I hope Tony will be your delivery man too. I do donate to the Epilepsy Foundation, the Humane Society of the United States, and Viet Nam Veterans on a regular basis, but my largest donation in December goes to Magnificent Mutts Rescue, an organization that finds homes for dogs and cats. Molly came from Mag Mutts.
That is a wonderful cause also.
@isbart (46)
• Bulgaria
Yeah, that's a great cause because if you can do it you have to always do it for the persons in need.
@isbart So true, my friend.
That is very nice of you to do all of that! Many definitely need the help this time of year. I want to help in a big way, I just have to be creative about it since we don't have a lot of money. The kids will go through their old toys and give those to children who need them for Christmas like we do every year.
That is so good to teach the kids to give.
@isbart (46)
• Bulgaria
Sure now days the kids are different they know everything in most early years and no so needed long to explain about these things
Awwww that is so nice of you. You have such a kind heart. I always buy a Christmas meal for a family. I usually don't know them but this year I am going to do it for my cousin. She has her step daughter living with her and three small kids. She doesn't have a lot of money living on a fixed income so I will give her a coupon to pick up a package everything she will need for a Christmas dinner. It is from a local store that does the packages up.
That is awesome too.
That is a wonderful plan for the month of December. You really are a good lady.
I feel no different, Its just money. But Thank you for the compliment.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Will Tony dress up like Santa!?
LOL, he is fat enough.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@andriaperry I think he needs to dress up. Lol.
@valmnz (13199)
• New Zealand
You must be such a blessing to so many people.
No I do not look at it that way, I just remember being younger and poorer
Did anyone ever tell you "YOUR an ANGEL" . . . and I hope it is contagious ! Happy Holidays to you and yours Andria This year might not be for doing anything expensive special but mom and I want the little ones in our family to get hand made things so I am crafting . . .
NOOO, not an angel. I just remember being younger and poorer.
@andriaperry well in my book, your an angel so just take the compliment and enjoy the holidays !
@enlightenedpsych2 Thank you. Yes maam!
That is a wonderful thing to do! I have monthly cash donations credited to our credit card for a homeless shelter, donate half my myLot earnings to our favorite charity, and make regular donations to a few medical, environmental, Jewish, and animal charities.
Whoa! you have many that you donate to. Well I am keeping my mylot money, that is my buy a book a month money
@andriaperry That's just fine. You do plenty. Some are just yearly donations.
What a wonderful thing to do for people, they are lucky to have a landlady like you.
No, it they are all good people.
Well, so are you @andriaperry
I don’t but I should.
What will you donate to?
@andriaperry animal rescues and shelters That has my heart.
Just try to make it a happy time for everyone.
That is what the love of Christmas is about.
That's a lovely idea to give away cookies. And I'm sure your tenants will appreciate a drop in rent over Christmas.
They do .
@FayeHazel (11811)
That is so very sweet of you. I am sure those families appreciate the rent help. I'm sorry to hear of that couple. I try to be extra kind to people and if I'm baking I share with neeighbors
That is always so nice to do.
@prashu228 (22651)
I donate some clothes and etables on Christmas to orphanage. What ever you are doing takes a lot of time but it's worth.. have a nice day
Its good to donate anything, people need stuff from time to time.
@dgobucks226 (6811)
You are indeed a very thoughtful and kind person. That's great you appreciate the blessings that God gave you and share it with others. Charity to those less fortunate is truly something to be admired.
This year I can help, last year the tenants were running over me but what @TheHorse said, just a few words about my tenant made me realize I was being to good to the, I kicked them all out! LOL except a few and now I have wonderful tenants.
@andriaperry Sometimes a little housecleaning is necessary to put your house in order, lol.
@dgobucks226 Well said!
@Srbageldog (5567)
That is so sweet of you. I'm sure those families really appreciate the help. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I usually donate to the Toys for Tots drive, or another children's charity. Sometimes I will "adopt" a child from an angel tree if I'm able to.
I have been lucky and the police have not stopped me and asked for a toys for tots donation, they will do that in this small town
@andriaperry We just have drop-off locations here (usually you can just buy a toy and then drop it off in a bin in the store). I've never been asked by the police for a donation!
@Srbageldog Just outside of Anniston, a small town, very small town, the police and fire department do toys for tots, they will and do ask.
@isbart (46)
• Bulgaria
Hello, in the beginning of December I'm little sad traditional but in the course of time in the month my mood come in Christmas soul and start to enjoy a lot - do not like winter time because of cold but it is seasonal problem that's each year.Also want to buy a lot of present to my favorite persons in life suddenly I discover the same they are little amount of persons I do not want to miss anybody. Thanks cheers...!
Just remember tht its not the cost of the gift but the thought that counts.
@isbart (46)
• Bulgaria
@andriaperry OK for sure will have one in mind thanks cheers...!
@UncleJoe (8590)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Sure do. Every December 20th I get a year older.
Ahhh, A birthday coming up.
@UncleJoe (8590)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@andriaperry I hope so.
@hostessman (7212)
• Tucson, Arizona
sounds like you are a very wonderful and thoughtful person,,,but i have thought that for a long time
Shhh, don`t be telling people that, they will think I am a softy or something
• Tucson, Arizona
@andriaperry you are a softy when you want to be