Frustrated

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Yesterday I talked with a person I game with, that I had sent a package of books he was going to deliver to two radio personalities to read and promote. The box never arrived. It went to dead letter for processing. When I went to the Post Office this morning, I needed to go to another Post Office that could scan my information and find out why it went to dead letter and not to the destination. Now, mind you I've worked in the Post Office here, and I've seen how mail is handled, and what can happen to mail. So when he told me why it went to dead letter, I was totally frustrated. My box was damaged and contents lost. Personally, I know I taped that box up super well. It shouldn't have broken open. However, it did. I was given a website address to make a claim, or a phone number to talk to someone about the damaged box. What I got: a website that you need to sign-in to use and an automated system that does not lead to a live person, but keeps you going in circles. I tried to use the website without signing in, and when I clicked on filing claim, it led me right back to the sign-in process. It looks like the box is coming back to me. If all the books are not in it, then I will need to order more books, and re-ship. I won't use the Post Office if I do. I'll use UPS. Or just not resend. It gets expensive ordering books and giving them away free for someone to promote and not get where they are going. So, yes. I'm frustrated. Right now they are in the dead letter office in Atlanta, GA. This is how my day is going after the pool this morning. I hope your day is going better. Thanks for reading.
I haven't sent anything to anyone using USPS in a very long time but if that happened to me I'd go to the main post office and raise hecky darn with em.
I did. The first one sent me to the second one so they could scan the tracking number and find out what happened. There wasn't anything I could do. They gave me the web address and phone number, but that's a complete waste of time and run around.
I'm betting they knew it would be a waste of time @just4him sometimes employees just don't care about the customers.
@rebelann You'd be surprised what the rules are in the Post Office. They do their best to get it all together.
I am so sorry to hear that. Dealing with the postal service can be very frustrating.
Yes, it can. Going UPS next time.
@just4him that is a good idea
• Riga, Latvia
Sorry to hear this. Hope you get the package back and yes, I would say even though it would cost more the best way probably is UPS. I remember when my mom and I lived in NYC and we ordered anything we always got it through UPS and we sent through them too.
I expect I'll get it back. I just hope they were able to put all the books with it, so I can just repackage it and take it to UPS.
@1hopefulman (20212)
Sorry to hear about that messy situation! I am surprised that these kind of things happen these days.
Packages are damaged all the time in the mail. If you saw how they sort mail, you would know how it got damaged.
Oh goodness! I'm so sorry! I understand your frustration completely!
Thank you. I know I want and need the promotion for my books, but this is a real set back.
@just4him sadly yes. Ugh. Goodluck
@Courtlynn Thank you.
I hate not being able to talk to a 'real' person. This is very disappointing.
Yes, it was. I much prefer a live person that way I know they understand my problem and I know it's being taken care of.
I'm so sorry and how awful. My box of items is being shipped to FL by UPS. Last year, we had a problem with the post office forwarding mail. What an aggration that was.
Thank you. I wish I had sent it UPS. It would have arrived without a problem and undamaged. I thought I could ship it by postal mail without a problem.
I hope your day gets better and everything gets sorted out.
Thank you. I hope so too.
@CinnamonGrl (5796)
• Paradise, California
Raises my blood pressure just to hear about it! My mother and I have had so many issues the past few years witih mistakes and problems not our fault, then you try to straighten it out and can't GET A PERSON! GRR!Not just the post office but it seems pervasive everywhere
I agree. I'm not a happy camper at the moment.
@kobesbuddy (19399)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This is terribly frustrating, to know how badly your package is being treated! Contents gone? That's awful negligence, in the first degree!
When I worked in the Post Office, they did their best to keep everything together. I hope that's the case with these books.
@kobesbuddy (19399)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him It sounds like your package was treated pretty rough:(
@kobesbuddy It was to bust open.
@valmnz (13137)
• New Zealand
I can definitely understand your frustrations. You aound as if you're much better than I at marketing your books!
This is my first attempt at marketing. Other than letting everyone here know there is a book series available, I have no idea how to market.
@valmnz (13137)
• New Zealand
@just4him I am useless, made worse by receiving a grant to cover the costs of publishing that took away the urgency. There are lots of wonderful sites available online about marketing for self published authors.
@valmnz Yes, there are. I hope you are able to get your book marketed and sold as well.
@nitsbubb (274)
• New Delhi, India
Hi, Gods Child! How are you? I am sure you will get a concrete solution on this!
I'm very good. I haven't seen you in a long while and hope you are doing well. I hope I do. It's frustrating not knowing what's going on with the books or even if they are all there. They should be coming back to me.
@nitsbubb (274)
• New Delhi, India
@just4him I am fine, getting more tied up in online business! But not very active on other social networking websites after B was closed down.
@nitsbubb I can understand that. I've missed seeing you around.
@Daelii (2016)
Are they insured??
No. They didn't ask, and I didn't think of it when I sent them.
@Daelii (2016)
@just4him oh no! But I heard someone once say that there is a general coverage for most packages shipped? never had to check.. so i dont know!
@Daelii When the box comes back, I'll check into it.
@Meramar (1927)
It's really frustrating that, after a special effort and paying for a service, it seems like you were wasting your time. We all know that Internet supports us many positive aspects, but that what happened to you is one of the bad points Internet and technology in general brought us. Unable to talk to a real person on a pone or being obligated to sign in to a site sharing your personal details if you want to resolve a problema is one of those negative points.
Yes, it is, and not one I'm willing to do. I just wanted to talk to a real person and that didn't happen.
@Meramar (1927)
@tammys85 (8594)
Oh man! I would be frustrated too, if not downright angry. I'm still catching up on posts, but was everything settled, or are you still waiting for the box tor return?
I'm hoping it will, but I was told by my writer's group on Tuesday to order more books and send them. This time they're going UPS.
@cahaya1983 (9415)
Sorry to hear about that. Online systems can be frustrating. I hope you get the books back.
Thank you. So do I.
I am so sorry. Those modern method to fill a complain are totally frustrating, you should be given a refund for the books you lost.
Yes, I should, and when I get them back, I'm going to go to the post office and ask for one.
@Fleura (6159)
How maddening! Hope you manage to get something sorted.
Thank you. I hope when it's returned to me, all the books come as well.