Look What I Found!

@Morleyhunt (16729)
My daily walks are good exercise. I get outside and enjoy the fresh air and the great outdoors. Some days the walk is more pleasant than others, but in general, it's a great experience My husband is starting to wonder about me..... So often I've come home and greeted him with the words...look what I found! Two weeks ago it was an almost new set of gardening clippers....this morning I scored a rechargeable spotlight. Yes it works...the charging cable store inside the unit...so it's there too. Bonus...it is waterproof. It works! This makes me wonder what I might find laying on the shoulder of the road next week.
You'll be studying the ground rather than enjoying all the other sights now. That's a great find.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
I thought it was a worthwhile find. My eyes still will look around. If I spot something, I'll investigate.
Very cool..you never know what you may find. When we go out walking my fiance is always finding something to bring home too. lol
@Morleyhunt (16729)
It's been a while but once during the course of a week I found almost $20 in cash here and there as I walked. That was a worthwhile score.
@Morleyhunt wow that is awesome. It adds up!
@YrNemo (8633)
I will never be able to spot anything during my walk. Sometimes I reached my target and my mind was a blank, like, 'how did I manage to get there this fast?'
@Morleyhunt (16729)
I daydream....I plan....I let my mind drift. Walking is relaxing for me.
@YrNemo (8633)
@Morleyhunt Sometimes I got angry with life in general, and after walking for about a few miles, my anger diminished gradually (due to the increased hurt in the sole of the feet ).
@Morleyhunt (16729)
@YrNemo walking with sore feet is distracting...but it doesn't relieve stress the way I would like.
You are finding interesting things during your walks. I think I should start to walk more looking at the ground.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
I need to check the ground. I tend to be tripped up easily...falling isn't a lot of fun.
@Morleyhunt I do the same because I also tend to trip, my husband tells me all the time to look where I put my feet.
@ebanreb (4787)
Be careful what you bring home. You might be bringing home that maybe harmful to your family. Just kidding lol.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
I'm ver careful about what I pick up.
@ebanreb (4787)
@Morleyhunt Ok enjoy picking
Lol well I guess that’s great for you. I can never pick things up that I find thinking the person who dropped it will come back looking for it and be really upset when they can’t find it.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
No one else walks along this road. If it's fallen from a vehicle flying down the road at 90 km/h I don't expect them to come looking.
@Morleyhunt ohhh I see well then their loss is your gain.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Well that's pretty cool. You should come walk around our property. The previous owners must of just let everything get buried. We have found all kinds of stuff. Dash's out of old care, aarowheads, spoons, money and the list goes on..
@Morleyhunt (16729)
We've lived on properties where surprising things turn up.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Morleyhunt well when the bank repossessed it from the previous owners I think they bulldozed a lot of junk. And whenever it rains the junk appears in the yard. Tire irons, hammers, all kinds of stuff.
That's a pretty good find on your walk. Usually something like that doesn't work
@Morleyhunt (16729)
I didn't spect it to work...but it does...two intensities and a flasher...the charging cable was also in the cable storage area. Now that was a worthwhile find.
@lady1993 (15616)
wow you are quite lucky
@Morleyhunt (16729)
Now if I could just learn to watch my footing...I could probably prevent a few falls.
Hey you're on a winning streak in my opinion......can't wait to hear what else you stumble across. Just don't forget you have to pack and move all of your findings.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
I'm trying not to find anything big or bulky. A flashlight will come in handy.
Hey, maybe next time it'll be a $100 bill .... wouldn't that make your day?
@Morleyhunt (16729)
Wouldn't it just. I'd be doing a happy dance.
@UncleJoe (8579)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
You didn't say where you found these items. By the road? On a path? It also makes me wonder how someone could lose such large objects.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
On the shoulder of the road. I haven't been on the local trails for a few weeks. When my grandchildren shared their cold with me in October, it knocked the stuffing out of me. I'm still building up to some good walks. I haven't done any that are more than about 4 miles.
@acelawrites (10752)
Such a good find! You can use it! That's the good thing about walking; you can be healthy and next time you might find money along the road!
@Morleyhunt (16729)
I wouldn't complain if I found some money....but don't expect that to happen.
I need to look down when I walk. I think I am missing out on some good stuff.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
I look up, down and all around. That part of my enjoyment. I also never expect to find things...but if something catches my eye....I investigate.
• Riga, Latvia
Well that is interesting. I go for walks but I never find anything good except for junk along the roadside.
@Platespinner (18563)
All I seem to pick up on walks these days is a steaming pile of doggy doo.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
Been there! Done that! My latest finds are more fun.
@LeaPea2417 (15388)
• Toccoa, Georgia
What a great find!
@Morleyhunt (16729)
It will come in handy when we move.