Happy Friday and first day of December! Christmas is 24 days away!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Good afternoon everybody in my lot land! I am a bit late starting today as i slept until 8:30 am this morning as I went back to sleep this morning! i realize when i woke up this morning that it is a new month of December! I can't wait for Christmas as I bought some gifts for my kitty cat Onyx I am planning on having a great time as Onyx loves to play with paper and is so enthusiastic about things He will be jumping into ripping the wrapping paper off his gifts! My sister will bring me my gifts to put under the tree the night before, and i have to wait until morning to open but think that Onux will relieve his mommy of opening them and rip them apart when I am sleeping.which will be fine, or he will wake me up very early in the morning like he has the habit of doing!! Onyx is eagerly awaiting for the Kitten Claus i told him will bring him gifts if he is a good little boy! He will get quite a few gifts from the Kitten Claus and one from me! Do you give your pets gifts for Christmas and do they like opening them? Have you ever had a kitten clause or something similar to your pet?
Onyx is hoping for catnip, tuna and Tweety Bird.
Don't tell Onyx bit i already bought him a bag of catnip!!!! I might be giving him treats that are tuna flavored! i might give those on either his adoption day celebration or his 8th-month birthday as he gets little gift for both of those days!! nor see about Tweety Bird as he is being brought up to be a pacifist! thanks for the smile i had from reading your response!
We usually get our cat a stocking of new cat toys and catnip from walmart. But this yeae may get him a new cat bed
I had bought onyx a bag of catnip for Christmas a little while ago in the Dollar Tree. I also bought him a green collar for the holidays. it had a bow on it, but he managed i don't know how but he ripped off the bow, and it made him look so cute! It was only a dollar, so maybe it was not made well. He will get toys and treats too! A bed is a good gift! Onyx has a bed in the window, but he only sleeps there in the day. after dark, he goes into his room and lays on a human bed then when i am sleeping he runs into our room and sleeps on our bed with me and waits to wake me up in the middle the night if i am not already up
@Marty1 our cat sleeps everywhere.
@Courtlynn Mine likes to sleep in the window and is now sleeping behind me in his bed on the windowsill! He likes to get comfortable on our bed!
@Morleyhunt (16729)
No pets this year. There was always a present for Fifi under our Christmas tree.
I am so sorry you no longer have FiFi. Was the present from you or whatever version of Santa you made for her? I have never had a pet like Onyx who will open a present! Last Christmas i had my hamster, and he had the Santa Hamster, and i didn't wrap the gifts as he could not open them, and i just put them in a stocking for him!
@Morleyhunt (16729)
@Marty1 we wrapped the gifts loosely...then tucked a doggy treat inside. She actually opened them herself a few times.
@Morleyhunt I will probably wrap them loosely too. But he could probably get the paper off any as he is a persistent little kitty cat!!! I never thought of adding a treat! That would be an extra treat beside the present!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I already have one for Harley. Both Pets will get stockings too.
Good! I may make a stocking for Onyx and put treats in it all wrapped of course and leave the toys for under the tree!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Marty1 yay. Is this your first Christmas with Onyx?
@thislittlepennyearns yes it is also Onyx's first Christmas ever and I want it to be just perfect for him! I just love the little guy!
• Riga, Latvia
My Sid doesn't play with toys and has not interest in presents. Beside I am not celebrating this Christmas as it is my first one alone. I will watch Christmas movies and probably give Sid something special to eat.
I am so sorry. Last Christmas was my first without either parent, so i know how you feel. It does get easier. I will be thinking of you. i am not sure maybe he won't like gifts, but from what I know of him he will probably like opening them as he always plays with any paper on the floor he sees
We give our dog a stocking with a few things in it, toys and treats for her. This year we also have our cat so we will do the same thing for him. =)
Oh that is super! Does your cat play with paper? Onyx chews on the newspaper when i don't leave it out of reach. Only thing is he sometimes makes holes in the middle of a good article! =) but that is okay as he is allowed to do what he wishes!
I can't wait either. I want to see something from one person.
Did you send Patches back to the shelter??? do you have any pets now? I am excited because of my Onyx! his enthusiasm is contagious! t will be the little guys first Christmas!
@Marty1 I sent her somewhere else. I don't want anymore pets
@sharon6345 There are some people who don't want a pet, and that is okay. I adopted Onyx for companionship, and he does what he was adopted to do greatly!
I don’t buy my pets gifts.
Oh, I love to spoil my pets! that is why he gets a monthly adoption day gifts each month and his monthly birthday gifts, too
I am sure that Onyx is counting the days, he will be so excited to open the gifts and play with everything, including the wrapping.
Yes, I have to tell him every day the date and how many days it is until Christmas! He is over-excited as it will be his first Christmas ever! He will have plenty of gifts and will have I think maybe he will love the wrapping paper the most! But that is okay as he gets to his new toys eventually if doesn't play with them when he gets them!
@Marty1 This is his first Christmas, it's sure that he is over excited.
@LadyDuck I think that is what it is as he has extra energy, running and sliding on the hardwood floors this morning with his excitement! i think he settled down for a while in his bed on the windowsill, but that didn't last long as he is on the kitchen table now!
@ridingbet (38053)
Onyx is the black cat, right? our dogs here are not given gifts, but my big brother sent from UK the dogs' biscuits but we will give some pieces to our pets when Christmas day is near.
Yes, Onyx is a black cat but really a kitten as he is only seven months old! I give him gifts because he is my companion and my adopted son! He gets gifts when he stays home alone if i can get to a store. I love him more than any human i ever knew!
@ridingbet (38053)
@Marty1 he is a very good replacement to Marty your hamster, am i right?
@ridingbet I will always love Marty, but Onyx is a perfect pet to have now as he gives me hours of joy! He also sleeps with me which Marty could not do! I am just so happy with him and the voices i heard for over 20 years finally stopped bothering me when he let me adopt him!
@dgobucks226 (6817)
I have bought my cat presents for Christmas although I have to open them. My cat loved playing with the ornaments hanging from the bottom tree branches. I would always find them on the floor, lol.
@Marty1 Cats do love their catnip. My cat used to go crazy for catnip! Great fun
@dgobucks226 I have a bag of it I got for a dollar at the Dollar Tree and several toys with it in them that he is receiving for the holiday! I love to watch him have a great time
@Marty1 Yes, those dollar stores have quite a number of good items.
@bunnybon7 (33118)
• Holiday, Florida
I used to dress coco up sometimes and we always bought her things, etc. but she is gone now and I am sad so much over it I can't think too much on it or will get depressed.
I indersttand you. I have to not think about Marty hamster as it will be my first Christmas without him and i get depressed too. I am trying to think mostly about Onyx as he is the perfect pet. I had a chihuahua that looked like Coco, but my doggie didn't have that darker spot by his eye that Coco had. She was adorable!
@bunnybon7 (33118)
• Holiday, Florida
@Marty1 thank you. so many loved her.
@bunnybon7 was her disposition as sweet as she looks?
We don't let the cats near the gifts. I spend a lot of time wrapping and making the gifts look good. When Dusty was little she would crawl under the tree and shred the packages. I got her out of that habit. Benta likes to lay on the tree skirt and sleep.
I am giving my Onyx gifts for himself as i have a bag full of them to give him that I will wrap! I have to hide the gifts i will be giving others. But those gifts won't be the best looking anyway as i have a hard time wrapping to make gifts look nice. i don't mind what he does to the gifts my sister is bringing me to open on Christmas morning as I let him do what he pleases. I had to remove my tree skirt as Onyx was playing with it too much. My sister said to put it on attic steps have a super day!
@Marty1 Onyx is bringing you so much joy! So glad that you got him.
@ElusiveButterfly he really is bringing me joy with his love! Last night, before I went to sleep, he ran to our bed, hopped on and kissed me on the cheek! He tried to stay but had to leave as he doesn't go to bed until much later, but he must have wanted to kiss me!
Onyx will have his first Christmas and he will love it. He really is a good little boy so those gifts will come his way. Molly often gets a few new stuffed babies for Christmas.
Is molly waiting for Santa? I bet Molly will get good gifts too as she is such a sweetheart! Yes, Onyx has been a very good boy! he is so excited about the kitten Claus but he does not know the gifts will be wrapped and he will get to have a blast opening them!
@Marty1 Molly has made a very long list of gifts she wants in her letter to Santa. I think the list is far too long.
@Corbin5 I hope Milly is getting everything she asks Santa to bring her! She has been such a good girl! Onyx summed it up what he wants in one sentence, saying to the Kitten Claus to bring him one of everything he makes in his toyshop!!
When I was married I made a box for the cards to be put in and my cats ruined it. I cried. Thankfully my cousin gave me one she didn’t use from her wedding. My bird during mating season loved shredding paper.
What kind of box was it? i am sorry about it being ruined by your cats. i don't plan on putting decorations up for that very reason, as my Onyx is a persistent kitty! He has not really destroyed anything yet besides all the furniture, but i don' care about furniture. I keep important things hidden as he is a mischievous little sweetheart the apple of my eye!
@Marty1 Our cats destroyed to many things in our home I will never have another they ruined it for me lol
@shaggin Onyx is pretty goods and doesn't try to destroy any of the other things besides the furniture in our house!
Happy December!!!! I used to get my dog gifts, but put them on a counter he couldn't reach. He slept all night in that room waiting until he had permission to tear into his gifts. Onyx will have a field day!!!! lol
I can't hide Onyx's gifts on a counter or any high place, and he is very proficient in jumping on things! He is allowed to jump on whatever he wishes! He gets kitty litter delivered in two 20 pound containers that comes once every other month am it comes wrapped in a huge piece of paper, and i let him play with it, and he loves it! Yes, he will have a field day! I am just as excited as him!
@Marty1 I know he will and I can tell. Lol! Enjoy!
@DianneN I think he will also! I will enjoy it greatly! Thanks!
@Platespinner (18566)
We'll be travelling for Christmas this year, but I suspect if we were to stay home that our young Golden retriever would be quite happy to open every gift and chew them all to pieces.
i haven't had a puppy for so long that I forgot about how much they chew! Will your puppy be in a kennel during your travels? Or will you take him with you? merry Christmas!
@Marty1 She'll be staying with a family friend for the week. We'd take her with us, but she tends to get carsick.
@Platespinner oh, that is sad she gets carsick. I am sure she will miss you and your family but will have a good Christmas with a family friend! i didn't know animals could get carsick
@ebanreb (4782)
Happy First Friday of December to you my friend. Hoping that you will have a wonderful and amazing December.
Thank you! i wish you the same!!! I think my December will be great! all my months have been great since I adopted my kitty cat Onyx he improves my life
@ebanreb (4782)
@Marty1 Thanks also.
@lady1993 (15616)
nope, i just buy him toys when i see something that might be sturdy enough to be his toy
i know what you mean by that as my onyx can destroy toys!
@dodo19 (28108)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Although we don't have a pet at the moment, we would give our dogs some gifts as well.
That is good how well you treated your dogs. I think all pets need gifts! Onyx is the reason I am so excited about Christmas! The way you are probably excited about Christmas with your kids i feel the same way because i feel like Onyx is my son! my young son as he is only seven months old! Merry Christmas!