Decisions, Decisions

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Some of you folks who have been following my adventures will recall that a huge pile of black walnuts stole my cap several weeks ago. Sin then I have had to go bareheaded since Mrs. J has been too lazy to find me a new cap. This afternoon she got tired of my nagging and finally dug into storage and located some headgear to look through in my search for a replacement chapeau. There was no green cap identical to the one that I lost, but there is a red one that is very similar. However, there were also a number of other hats that I’m considering adding to my wardrobe. If you can see the photo, you’ll see the variety I have to choose from. What puzzles me, is why on earth an adult human would have so many different hats for a guy of my size. What’s your theory?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Maybe she was saving them for Christmas.
That's a possibility. But, if that's the case, why did she let me see them all instead of just giving me one to keep my head covered for the next couple of weeks. I'm not fond of the bald look.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Platespinner That Is a good question.
• Denmark
Which of the hats do you favour? The one with the (fake?) fur brim may be advisable in winter.
I don't think it really gets cold enough around here for me to wear the parka hood. I kinda like the motorcycle helmet. Unfortunately, it obstructs my vision more than I would like.
Wow, you have a huge number of hats to choose from. I'd just put them all in your closet. You're pretty sure to lose another one one day. Hats tend to go missing.
Considering the tumble I took down a rock face last weekend, I'm thinking the helmets are the way to go.
@Platespinner Sounds a good choice to me.
@Morleyhunt (16632)
Maybe I should check for squirrels wearing the missing cap?
You have caps galore now!!! Your adult human is fond of little plastic figures and is always at the read when the plastic figure is in need. I think the plastic-figure fondness has something to do with her childhood.
Hmmmm....the only other little plastic figures I've seen around here are the really tiny astronauts that came with the Saturn V.
@LoriAMoore (9976)
I think she wants to make sure your tiny little head is protected and also keep you warm and from catching cold.
This is a huge collection of hats, I like the red helmet, may be you should consider it to protect your head.
My theory is the humans child had a lot of legos to play with when he/she was young. My kids have a ton your collection looks tiny compared to ours. You are obviously being neglected by your human
@UncleJoe (8532)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
What makes you think all those hats are for you, Emmett. Don't you kmow how she likes to plan a head?
i don't like wearing caps. except sometimes my wife gets called a tomboy by my relatives. but I think caps on girls look good, look cute and sporty.
@Srbageldog (5443)
Obviously your human has been sneaking into the homes of little plastic men and stealing their hats.
She didn't know they were there. OR, the kids done it.
What a wonderful selection of head gear for you to stay warm in this winter. I particularly like the blue one with the fur edges, you'll stay warm and toasty in that one!