Finally A Bed!!

Boise, Idaho
I have been sleeping on a worn out twin mattress for a couple years now. I have been trying to figure out what I can do to get a bed I can afford. I have called my favorite local rent to own place and was quoted about $600. I can't afford that. I have tried calling The Salvation Army and putting myself on their list of free beds. It was months and I called back and they told me they didn't have one to send out so I cancelled. Then I recently got an email from FreeCycle.org. I hadn't gotten an email from them in a long time and had forgotten all about them. I put an ad on there and in about three days I had a set of box springs. I changed the ad and in one day I have a call from a lady with the mattress. She will deliver it tonight. I am so thankful. I wish I had thought of this organization long ago. Thank goodness for FreeCycle.org
I used to get a lot of freecycle but I havent been on that in probably 8 years at least. I hope the mattress set is in good shape for you.
It looks like this mattress is pretty nice. I feel lucky.
@celticeagle Are you sleeping on it each night now?
@shaggin .....No. Waiting for sheets and a mattress pad first.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
that is wonderful. I had a great bed that I paid on in AZ for 3 yrs. it was finally mine, then son made me have to give it up to move. since I have been here, I have slept on a lumpy old bed given to them by some friend that they said had it for several years. maybe I should try freecycle but I don't think most deliver it. you sure got lucky but you sure deserve it. sounds like you have suffered a lot of discomfort
I remember staying at a friend's house one night and the bed was so soft it was uncomfortable. Like sleeping in a U. We had bedbugs about three years ago. Did a complete purge of all our belongings to be sure we got ride of them. That met no beds. My daughter and grandson got a bed through a counselor but none for me. I have been sleeping on a child size worn out twin mattress. Gets old after awhile. I can feel the springs in it. Not very comfortable at all.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
@celticeagle i am so glad you finally got an idea that worked. same way with me sometimes. bet you been sleeping like an angel now on a cloud.
@bunnybon7 ....When I get it all set up that is what it will be like.
So glad you'll have a bed! Hope its comfy enough!
Hope so too.
That's great! Hope it is a comfy find - that's so wonderful that this lady came through for you. I haven't used Freecycle in a long time but it is a fantastic organization . . . I have offered and received many things through it.
It's great to utilize.
@valmnz (13152)
• New Zealand
Good things are working out for you.
I think so.
YOu must have missed a few of my posts. I always post about freecycle.
I've seen one or two. Just forgot about it in my area and that it was called that.
@Blondie2222 (18174)
Glad you finally have a bed and it will be alot better on your back.
Never had back issues. Just that I can feel the springs on this old mattress. And it is wearing through to the foam where my feet rest.
@Blondie2222 (18174)
@celticeagle oh okay i thought you mentioned before it bothered your back, my bad. Hope you like the new bed
@Blondie2222 .....No, I just can feel the springs in this old thing.