Have an appointment with my old therapist

I went through a bad time due to stress and anxiety a couple of years ago. With the help of a good doctor and medication, I got through it. I also was seeing a psychologist/therapist weekly to talk through my feelings and issues and I found it very helpful. One week I went to her office and sat in the "waiting room" (strange set up in a converted old house) but she never came to get me. I left confused. A few days later I received a letter from her stating that I owed $95 for a missed appointment and that the fee must be paid in full before I would be seen again. I was there at the scheduled time--or when I thought I was supposed to be there. Clearly one of us had the date/time wrong but I was never given the opportunity to try to figure that out. I was so hurt, upset, and offended that I never went to see her again nor did I pay the fee. (obviously) I tried another counselor about 6 months later but I didn't like her at all. I never went back. I tried to see one that I used many years ago and loved, but she didn't take my insurance and wanted $100 cash per visit. HAHAHAHA So I just gave up on it. It is no secret that I've been in a huge black hole since my beloved 15 year old cat passed away. The new antidepressant is helping but I still need to do more to improve things. I saw my old therapist's name pop up on the FB thread of one of my friends. I reached out to her and she said she could definitely fit me in, so I have an appointment for Monday afternoon. I am a bit nervous about it but I know that it will all be okay. I always felt comfortable talking with this woman and I always felt better when I walked out of her office. It only costs me the $5 copay for 45 minutes. I haven't told my husband about this yet but he will be very happy about it when I do. He's been on my case for like the past year to get back into counseling.
@Emmlex1000 (1401)
• Lagos, Nigeria
That great news that u finally found a doctor that will arrest ur crisis without much fee to be paid.
Yes, it is cheap and she is good.
• Lagos, Nigeria
@NJChicaa is better
• Eugene, Oregon
Glad you are going back to the counselor that was helpful. I believe counseling is a good thing when needed.
I don't know that she ever helped me have any "breakthroughs", but just talking to her every week made me feel better and like I wasn't totally insane for feeling the way I did (though my husband likes to make me think I am). And for just $5, what the hell, ya know?
• Eugene, Oregon
@NJChicaa Exactly! That is a great co-pay.
@JamesHxstatic As a teacher, I don't have a great salary, but I do have pretty good benefits.
@kobesbuddy (43449)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Group therapy was a method they used for me, which didn't help at all. I was more stressed, after going to those sessions. Medications helps a lot! I'm so glad you have an appointment with your previous counselor:)
This will be an individual session. Oh no. Group therapy would never be an option for me.
@kobesbuddy (43449)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NJChicaa Opening up among a bunch of strangers? Nope, not for me!
@kobesbuddy oh hell no. Me either. That would never work for someone with anxiety!
@miketagz (7508)
You'll miss him (the cat) right?? How about if you want to adopt another cat?
I still have 3 cats here.
@miketagz (7508)
@NJChicaa Take care of your cat's. Meow. :-)
@Blondie2222 (21399)
oh wow that's crazy they would charge you that much for an appointment you were there for. Glad you found your old therapist and only have to pay 5 dollars. Wish you luck and hope this will help you
Thanks. I think it will
@Blondie2222 (21399)
@NJChicaa your welcome
@nela13 (5936)
• Portugal
If you liked her then you did the right thing just make sure you are there on time
I was on time the last time.