Buying gifts for seniors is not easy

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Giving_a_gift.jpg
As some of you know I am throwing a Christmas party for seniors from an old age home close by. While it was an enjoyable experience buying gifts for kids for the parties I have been throwing for them each year buying gifts for seniors has been quite a trying experience (lol) There will be goodies boxes that will contain no sugary stuff, toys are out and so are pencils and erasers.I need to buy everything in bulk and that is a difficult task. So far I managed to pick up face towels, squeeze balls and pens. Still scratching my head. i need something more. May be a Vaseline bottle that has aloevera in it? What say? You are right. I have a small budget as there will be snacks and food too.
How about some adult coloring books, word search book, puzzles, crosswords, games, etc.?
My problem is getting them in bulk. I want the same thing for every one. Puzzles and stuff is a good idea.
@allknowing I'm glad I could help. I hope you have no trouble buying in bulk. You are so wonderful to do that.
@DianneN Planning is what I like the best. And it starts from months ahead. I just bought those water balloons kit.(Zuru Bunch) I will use them for watering the garden by my guests. It will be a surprise for them.
I know I would use candles at the dollar tree.
Candles? Wow!! I never thought of that.
@allknowing and they have a website.
@sharon6345 I am searching at amazon in. That is my site. Other sites may take too long.
Hmm I have no idea what things you could buy in bulk for them but while I am out shopping tomorow if I see anything that I think might work I will let you know. I remember my boss (when I worked in the elderly home) bought all the residents presents for Christmas. She went to the dollar store and got them shampoo but I don't remember what else. By the way I remembered the artists house yours reminded me of... Monet when he painted pictures of his home and gardens in Giverny.
It is so exciting but tiring at the same time getting something for seniors. (lol)
@allknowing yes I am sure it is!
@franxav (3728)
We have a seniors care home and we have the same thoughts during Christmas days. The seniors get new 'dhoti' and 'Punjabi' (shirt to go with dhoti). Usually, some generous persons from the town give them special lunch these days. What they specially need is that people spend some time with them.
This is my gift to them and so I do not like asking anyone. I get joy each year doing this and this time it is for seniors. They will spend the whole day with us having fun.
Do any of them write letters? Are they likely to need stamps?
I have my doubts really as even I have forgotten how to write letters by hand (lol) In the meantime I took @sharon6345 's suggestion and ordered for candles. They are not scented as I am not sure if scents go well with seniors. I have posted an image in her box.
@allknowing I'll check out the candles. That's a good idea. I have resorted to printing in my Christmas cards as opposed to cursive (running) writing. I can barely read my hand-writing and keep skipping letters. It's a bit better if I print.
@JudyEv Printing will rob you of your personal touch. Just my opinion.
@lady1993 (15543)
hmm, not really a gift. but i hear puppies can bring a smile to their faces? is it possible to bring some around? but maybe some would be allergic
They live in a home for seniors and so individually keeping pups will be a no no there.
@lady1993 (15543)
@allknowing oh not really for keeping, but then i guess maybe some of them are allergic
@lady1993 You mean for the party? That may not be convenient.
Is it wise to give them candles ? suppose they are knocked over or catch on to something?
Here there is always load shedding and they must by now be used to lighting candles in their room. And these are those candles in containers. There is an image below in one of the boxes.
@YrNemo (8472)
small soap bars with nice fragrance?
That I am not sure as we have our brands. Right? Thanks for your contribution.
@YrNemo (8472)
@1creekgirl (8661)
Small trial sizes of lotions are nice. Pretty little magnets?
Magnets is a good idea but they all live in a home and may not have their own fridges.
@allknowing Sometimes a small cabinet might be metal. Hope you find all you need at geat prices.
@Blondie2222 (18160)
You could get them the essentials they need, most love playing cards, board games etc.
Cards is good idea. Thank you.
@Blondie2222 (18160)
@allknowing your welcome
@mohit459 (2848)
• Haldwani, India
So I'm invited?..
If you are a senior surely you are welcome. Or if you are going to help us around there, more the merrier.
@mohit459 (2848)
• Haldwani, India
@allknowing no I'm at 11 standards!..
@Daljinder (19822)
You can bulk buy from Alibaba(dot)com or IndiaMart wholesaler/ manufacturers. Good quality at good prices.
I have always bought from Alibaba but I have little time left. I got something from them which I had ordered two months ago.
@averygirl72 (13758)
Yeah it seems difficult to think but I'm sure you will come up with bright ideas on what to give the elderly
The seniors here are going to have their own christmas party. I have already done printing the envelops for the invitation of their VIP guest. Those people are so lucky.
Is there an old age home out there? Here too they may have their own party but they will definitely like something that is given to them on a platter (lol)
@Scrapper88 (1203)
I know several seniors who likes the word search books. The word search books are usually a dollar each at Dollar General.
That surely is within my budget considering I have already bought some things for them. My problem is buying anything in bulk.
@vandana7 (57466)
Now that sure is a problem. :) Gifting is an art. Especially with small budget. I will check others replies. :)