The puppy has a rash

My puppy sleeps in such cute positions
The puppy is not itching much but I noticed a puss filled pimple on her lower belly. On either side in the creases of her legs and groin is a pink splotchy looking rash. She also has another patch of tiny black dots I assumed before (she’s had it since we got her) was just from her itching but after looking it up I think it’s yeast. A few days ago she smelled awful kind of cat spray like so I bathed her. The next day the smell was back so I assumed it was something she was getting on her fur when outside. I sprayed the top of her fur lightly with dry shampoo. I put miconizole cream on her belly that I had in the cupboard. Tomorrow while I am out getting groceries I will look for a yeast shampoo and buy her some cheap probiotic to break in quarters and give her. Thankfully she isn’t itching like crazy or not eating etc or I would be more worried. I added a photo of her from a few days ago she sleeps in strange positions.
Go to a health food store or even a vitamin/supplement shop and get Grapefruit Seed Extract. That stuff will kill anything. Just use a drop or 2 and then spread around the affected area. I guarantee the yeast or whatever it is will clear up!
Hmm I have never heard of this. I used coconut oil and aloe vera gel on her one day when she was itching and she got a bad rash from it and itched so bad I felt terrible and had to bathe her to get it off her skin.
Vinegar works well on yeast infections, I used that in Mykeys ears per the Vets instructions and it worked well. All you need to do is dilute it a little because vinegar will burn.
Thank you for that advice! I think I read online apple cider vinegar is great for it.
You are welcome. I use white and apple, either one works well in many situations @shaggin
I use white a lot as well @shaggin even in my bath and as a hair rinse. Of course if I plan to be out and about I will use Lemon juice to rinse my hair.
The last thing you need will be vet bills around Christmas. I hope you're able to get her right again yourself.
My kids and I don't go to the doctors unless we are really sick and we can't get better on our own. I can't see rushing her to the vet all the time so I sent a message to my friend who is a vet tech hopefully she can give me some advice.
@JudyEv I can't afford to rush to the vet either all the time but I don't want my pup to die. She really isn't even itching at it so its not bothering her yet. I'm going shopping today I'm sure there is yeast shampoo as its a common issue with pups it said online.
@shaggin Good luck with the shampoo. There is a lot of information online now and sometimes it really is a great help. Even just knowing that it is a common issue is a little reassuring.
• Riga, Latvia
Poor puppy hope you get it under control. Maybe this link can help some
9767 SharesAcademyMagzineAbout UsSupport SubscribeAcademyMagzine DNM ProductsDNM BlogThe MagazineAbout Dogs NaturallyAdvertisingWholesale AccountsFrequently Asked QuestionsCareersWrite For Dogs NaturallyContact UsMarketSubscriber LoginSubscribe Recent Post
I've looked up a few things and I will go check out that link now thank you very much!
@enlightenedpsych2 got any fabulous holistic advice for me on a puppy? Puppy was allergic to either the coconut oil or aloe vera gel I used before which are supposed to be safe for dogs so I want to avoid those.
@shaggin I have not owned a dog for almost 2 decades and in my Pet care book that offers homeopathic remedies, I have found nothing specific enough to assist you, sorry . . .
• Pleasant Hill, California
Did you talk to a vet?
No the pimple and pink rash I just noticed about an hour ago.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@shaggin Oh, I hope you can figure out what it is.
@TheHorse Thanks if it doesn't clear up I can ask a vet tech I am friends with what else I could put on it.
I think it's better you bring the puppy to the vet.
She really isn't bothered by it but I don't like looking at it. I don't go to the doctor myself (except for mandatory medicine refill appointments) so I'm not taking the puppy unless it gets worse and I can't treat it at home. I'm the same way with my kids. I messaged my friend who is a vet tech for some advice and I'm going to the pet store in a few hours to buy some yeast shampoo.
@shaggin If you already had the opinion of a vet, you do not need to see one.
@LadyDuck If it gets worse she might need an antiviral or yeast pill etc but I think the acidophilus and yeast shampoo I bought will help. It already looks 75% better without doing anything but putting the miconazole cream on it the other night.
That doesn't sound good. You should be extremely careful of what you put on her, because she can easily lick it off. I would definitely call the vet. She seems to need an antibiotic.
For yeast an antibiotic would actually make it worse. It is common for them to get yeast after taking an antibiotic but she has not been on any. My daughter wants me to shop for her Xmas presents while my son and I are out today but I just want to get my groceries and get the yeast shampoo to get back home to bathe my pup.
@shaggin How's the rash now? I didn't know that.
@DianneN I didn't read the shampoo bottle well enough so twice I just washed her and rinsed it off. Last night I read it and saw I was doing it wrong and needed to leave it on 5-10 minutes. She hates baths so this waiting and shivering was worse. My poor baby
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Aw, she is gorgeous! I hope the probiotic will help!
I have to take one daily as well. I messaged my friend that is a vet tech for some advice on this. I hope to heat back from her soon.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@shaggin I hope she is all better by now.
@bluesa Not yet. I have to keep bathing her twice a week with the shampoo for two months I think it said online.
@sallypup (22118)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Please be careful what you put on the pup. She possibly could lick it off and harm herself. Allergies? If she does not get better, maybe a Veterinarian visit is a good idea. Such a cute little dog.
I know I thought of that too worrying about her licking it. On the internet it said Miconazole ointment which I had already in the cupboard. If buying yeast shampoo doesn't help and giving her the probiotic I will ask a friend of mine who is a vet tech what I can do before taking her to the vet.
@sallypup (22118)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@shaggin Yes. Get ahold of your friend the Vet tech. Puppies are so vulnerable.
@sallypup It looks a little better today but I worry about her liking that ointment so I'm going to message my friend. Couldn't hurt to ask for some advice.
Oh no. Poor pup! Hope it clears up. And so cute too
It is a bit gross to look at although better looking today but at least she isn't itchy with it or in pain so I'm not freaking out like the one rash she has awhile back and wouldn't eat.
@shaggin thats good..
@Tina30219 (26319)
• Onaway, Michigan
Poor cute puppy I hope it clears up soon. The little thing looks like it is comfortable the way it is sleeping.
She sleeps all different ways its really cute.
@Tina30219 (26319)
• Onaway, Michigan
@shaggin I bet it is. My cat is the same way he likes to sleep in funny ways it is so cute
• Marion, Kansas
Your best bet is professional advice. I have known of people who become allergic to aloe vera gel. I hope you get it figured out soon, and inexpensively.
My pup was allergic to either aloe Vera gel or coconut oil. She got a rash and itched like crazy so I’m leery of what to put on her.
Why is your pup so curled up in that photo? Hope you will figure out what's bothering it.
She was just sleeping in a funny way that’s why I snapped the photo because it was so cheap.
@Platespinner (18601)
Poor puppy. Our golden gets itchy sometimes. Usually bathing her helps a lot.
She isn't itching the spot. I am more troubled looking at it then she is bothered by it. I will be going shopping in a few hours and will be buying some yeast shampoo that hopefully will help.
@Madshadi (5017)
• Brussels, Belgium
I would put on gloves and wash my hands before touching her. It could be contagious
She's always cuddling with me so if it was contagious I've already been exposed a lot. I did look online and this can't be passed to other dogs or humans.
@MsTickle (25014)
Poor little girl. Hope she is well again soon.
Thank you! I hope it all clears up soon as well!
My dog suffers from skin problems also, but it was worse when she was a puppy. It seems the older she gets, the better her skin is. I think your dog is so beautiful, and I hope the problems are all over with.
That is what it said online these things are common with puppies. I'm not in a panic because she's eating, acting normal and not itching but I want to get it taken care of before she gets worse.
y Ohopethe vt tech can help you wlith your puppy rash
Thank you so much! I haven't heard back from her yet but maybe she is working. I'm not sure how often she checks her facebook messages but hopefully it won't be too long.
@sjvg1976 (14716)
That's good that she is not itching crazily but she needs some extra care now. Hope she gets well soon
I’m thankful she isn’t itching either! My boyfriend was here last night and all day today. I figured with all their playing I’d wait to give her a bath until after they left. I will be shampooing her fur with yeast shampoo shortly.
@lady1993 (15778)
I hope she gets well soon
She looks a lot better just from the one night of putting miconazole cream on her. I will be shampooing her with yeast shampoo soon.