Home made veggie burgers!

I had two days off this week and I can say besides going to the gym, I was utterly LAZY! I only left the house a few times. I had been wanting to try to make a home made veggie burger recipe, and I found this somewhat healthy one online. For ingredients: it included : mashed up black beans, an egg, chopped up green pepper, onion, garlic clove, and a combination of chilli powder/cumin and hot sauce and some breadcrumbs. You simply bake each side for 10 mins. They taste good and the seasoning is awesome however..the consistency is all wrong. They just fall apart! I have also experienced this when eating black bean burgers from restaurants as well. I wonder what makes them stick together. Have you ever made home made veggie burgers?
I have made vegetable patties in the past and I use mashed potatoes to avoid that they fall apart. Also mashed garbanzo beans or lentils are fine to give a good consistency.
Ooh thanks for the tip! I will try these next time.
Good tip Anna
@maezee You can add a tablespoon of bread crumbs if you feel it's still too soft.
No only time I ever seen one was when I worked at dairy queen. Do they taste like meat?
Not even the slighest. They taste like mashed up seasoned beans. I like them though! I never knew Dairy Queen to have veggie burgers. Dang!
@maezee Yes they do, but I can't vouch for whether they are good.
@JustBhem (22430)
• Davao, Philippines
A friend of mine who happens to be a vegetarian cooked for us a long time, he made vegetable burgers and vegetable balls. And it was tasty, I forgot I am a carnivore. Lol.
Haha some of it can be super good.
@JustBhem (22430)
• Davao, Philippines
@maezee And they are delicious, I like it.
@A_loves_B (1382)
Looks really tasty. I think you need to add more eggs or some flour to make them stick together.
I already had eggs but you are the second person to mention adding flour so I think that may be in my next batch!! Thanks!
@A_loves_B (1382)
@maezee You're welcome! Hope I can see your next veggie burgers.
@ilocosboy (33267)
I don't know how to make one but sure it does look very yummy.
Aha. It does taste good just wish i knew how to make them less crumbly!
@ilocosboy (33267)
well hope to taste it one day he he.
Never. I usually just made an omelette with moringa, and okra on it with matching meat loaf. but then a few days ago I made a sandwhich out of it. But today I just made a smoothie.
That works too!
Use a few tablespoons of flour instead of breadcrumbs
Ooh I will try it. You think thatll make it stick a little better? Thanks!
@yanzalong (8766)
With double cheese burger?
Veggie burger!
@lady1993 (15600)
nope, i have never made or even tried that.. i love egg though
You are not alone on that! I also love eggs.
@rubyriaz007 (2507)
I have not made veggie burgers but I have made vegetable cutlets and spring rolls.I should try to make veggie burgers one day.
@sallypup (21892)
• Moses Lake, Washington
There are tons of stuff you can put in the veggie burger to keep it moist. If my veggie burger falls apart, I just oil a loaf pan and stick the burger mash into the pan and bake it- you can slice it later if you want to for sandwiches. I've made tons of vegie burgers. I suspect the store ones cause they are so perfectly formed.
It seems the egg would keep it together. I've never eaten a veggie burger, but I would like to try it.