The car won't start!

United Kingdom
I got up this morning with an hour to spare, had a cup of tea and then rushed to get ready. Just as I was almost done my mam rang, I thought she was going to say she was here but she was ringing to tell me the car won't start Leonard stayed at my parents' house last night and today we were supposed to be taking him to see Father Christmas at the garden centre, but they all got in the car (you know what a job it can be to get a toddler into a car seat!) and found that it wouldn't start. They're waiting for the AA now so hopefully it will be something simple and we can still go... I don't know what to do with myself now though, I really need to wash my hair today but I've already put my makeup on and everything and I was going to get a bath when I got home around midday, and I don't want to put my face on twice in one day... First world problems, eh? I feel ashamed of myself when I complain about stuff like this but if it was someone else I'd remind them that everything's relative so I suppose I can apply that to myself as well.
@Orson_Kart (4121)
It's more worrying if the car won't stop.
When I was little my aunty used to pretend the brakes weren't working when we were going down a hill. She did it often enough that it stopped being scary really quickly
@LilyBeBack Brakes have failed on me in the past and it was really scary. Back in the day when cars were unreliable and rust buckets were allowed on the road, I used to drive one of those. That particular time a seal had perished in the brake cylinder and all the fluid had seeped out. Going down a hill I nearly put my foot through the floor trying to slow the car down, Ended up yanking too hard on the handbrake which snapped the cable. Had to steer off the road up a raised embankment to stop. Many things used to drop off my old car. The only thing that drops off now is me when I'm driving. Now that is scary!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sishy7 (27255)
Oh, so did you guys still get to see Santa that day?
Yeah and Leonard got a good toy! It was £8 but the Father Christmas was really good and the toy was a tractor with a little man and dog, Leonard was shy at first but then he said "atchoo" and that's his signal that he's happy
@sishy7 (27255)
@LilyBeBack He's such a darling... Glad that means he's happy and not that he's allergic to Santa...
@sishy7 It was his first word, and 40 something words later it's still his favourite
@Emmlex1000 (1512)
• Lagos, Nigeria
It lovely to have fun with your family
• Lagos, Nigeria
@LilyBeBack okay u can call for car mechanic to fix it
@Emmlex1000 Yeah they're waiting for the AA now, they should be there within the next 15 minutes
• Lagos, Nigeria
@LilyBeBack okay it have been fixed my now
@dodo19 (28082)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It can be frustrating when the car won't start. Hopefully AA will be able to help.
I feel sorry for my mam because she always seems to have problems with cars, we were once driving along in her first or second car about 15 years ago and the exhaust fell off It doesn't matter where she gets them from or if they're old or newer, they all have issues
@dodo19 (28082)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@LilyBeBack I’m sorry that your mom has had such bad luck.
@dodo19 Thankfully it was just a flat battery this time so it was sorted within half an hour They said it was likely a combination of the weather and the age of the battery
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh dear I hope the car gets fixed up Lily. Yes have a talk here about it all, its fine and good, we dont mind Lily xo
It was just a flat battery thankfully!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@LilyBeBack Oh so a jump started it I guess then. Thats good.
I hope the car was fixed, vehicle problems are frustrating.
It was just a flat battery so we got there only a little bit late How are you and your family doing?
• Marion, Kansas
But it is good to come "talk it out" here. That is what I am doing this morning. I just talk to my online friends. I hope the fix on the car is simple.
That's true, and it was just a flat battery in the end so we weren't too late
I don't want to put my face on twice in one day WOW!!! You have a removable face?
How could you know me for ten years and not know about my main feature??!!!