Rugby or ironing which to choose ?

Some beautiful jugs to add some colour
Derby, England
Wales are playing South Africa in a Rugby match and husband is watching. I can sit and watch too or go into another room and tackle the mountain of ironing that is looking at me accusingly. So far I have done three loads of washing, stripped and changed our bed sheets, cleaned our ensuite bathroom and swept the floor in the kitchen dining room. I have also addressed all my Christmas cards and will also have to write them in the next day or so. Tomorrow is my three year old grandson's birthday party so I have wrapped his gift ready and may have to pop out and buy a tub of sweets as my step daughter ordered one in her online shop yesterday which I unpacked and it didn't come and she wants it for the party! I will now get off my chair and go and get that ironing done in case I have to pop out for her. I suspect husband will be asleep in two minutes while the rugby plays on the TV. I'll just listen to the South Africa and Welsh National anthems which I love - ours is rubbish! I also like the German, French, Scottish, Australian, and US anthems. Husband has Welsh ancestry so supports them unless England are playing of course .
• Denmark
Can't you watch TV and iron at the same time? I can.
• Derby, England
@MALUSE I certainly can but sometimes I just enjoy the repetitive nature of the ironing without having to think of concentrate on anything. I think I ironed about 30 pillow cases ours and from ours the previous change plus recent guests. I use double cases on ours to protect the pillows.
@catsholiday I have not ironed a pillowcase since I was about 12! I don't know how many times my mom started me over on hankies and I never did progress to men's shirts
• Denmark
@paigea I never iron bed things. Ours are made of seersucker material and the bed linen is jersey which always looks smooth. I only iron shirts for my husband and blouses for myself.
Bring the ironing table in front of the TV, that way you can do both.
• Derby, England
@marlina I managed to do all the ironing by the first half and now sitting watching the second half and feeling a bit tired now!!
• Denmark
That's what I've told her, too!
@catsholiday I would be tired too.
@shivamani10 (10605)
• Hyderabad, India
Better you watch Rugby. Ironing can be attended to later on.But not the game.
• Derby, England
@shivamani10 I have done the ironing and now watching the rest of the game without the nagging guilt of that pile waiting for me.
• Denmark
@catsholiday Guilt in connection with household chores is an unhealthy thing. Away with it!
• Derby, England
@MALUSE I know but I hate things hanging over me as a job that needs doing so try to get them all done. Christmas cars are now looking at me tauntingly . I have written the overseas ones and some I can hand out but there are still lots to write.
@cahaya1983 (9459)
Not a fan of rugby but I'd choose that over ironing any day. I hope everyone will have fun at the birthday party!
• Derby, England
Ironing all done and now getting ready for the party!!
Make the husband iron and you watch the rugby, or make him help.
• Derby, England
Fat chance of that. He wouldn't know where to start !!!!
If I were to iron, I would bring it in front of the TV
• Derby, England
@paigea I could watch the TV in the other room if I wanted but I just zoned out and did it all with nothing - sort of meditation!!
After all that you've done so far, I think it would be better to relax and watch some Rugby.
• Derby, England
@Kandae11 II just wanted to see the pile gone and now it has and I can relax!!
I do not like to iron and watch TV at the same time, it slows down my ironing and I am more relaxed watching TV comfortably sit. I am Italian, our anthem is rubbish.
• Derby, England
Yes I am not a fan of the Italian anthem but it is still better than our one!!
@catsholiday No, I prefer your anthem, the Swiss anthem is really bad, it's so bad that they voted to change it.
• Derby, England
@LadyDuck We were wanting to change ours but there was too much of a protest!
Can you iron in the lounge and watch the match at the same time? It seems you've nearly done enough for one day.
• Derby, England
I did the ironing and put it all away in the first half of the match...... now I can relax and watch in peace
@LoriAMoore (9922)
I've never watched a rugby match. And . . . I haven't ironed anything in 12 years!
• Derby, England
I wouldn't choose to watch rugby but husband enjoys it and as for ironing I don't ind it once i get going