They lied!!!

By JJ
Or they are just messed up. FedEx said earlier my new computer wouldn't be here until Tuesday. Well, I'm using it right now. No photos...yet...it doesn't have a slot for an SD card, and I can't find a way to hook my camera up to it (yet), so I have to snoop a bit to figure it out...or invest in a card reader. (Edit: figgered it out) But here I am...and here it be...and this is us. Good afternoon myLot.
That is awesome...let the fun begin!! Enjoy!!
Gonna take a few days to get everything set right, but I'm lovin' it
@JolietJake i knew you would
So glad you figgered it out!!! That figuring can wear a person out.
I'm just glad I remembered to download the driver for the wireless card before I unhooked the other one...that could have been a pain
@Corbin5 ...especially since I can't get the old computer to turn on again
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Yay. It came. Is it all shiny and special?
It's refurbished so it could have been shinier, but I like it.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JolietJake well as long as it makes you happy that's what counts. Did Scar investigate the box?
That's exciting that you got it! =)
It's a heck of a lot more powerful than my old one
@dragon54u (31339)
I love little surprises like getting something I want or need before I expect it. It's those little things that make the day great!
I'm getting my camera set-up right now, still need to install printers and such, but I'm really liking this thing
@kobesbuddy (19698)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JolietJake This is great to hear:)
@dragon54u (31339)
@JolietJake You mentioned it was refurbished. Mine is, too. The salesman told me that refurbished doesn't mean used--it means that someone actually had to touch it after it loaded all the system info, usually because something went wrong and they had to reload it. Mine is one of those. It's been a great machine so far and I've had it 18 months! Hope yours is as good!
Good afternoon. You got it that is good.
@nomus24g (16480)
which brand is it?
It's an HP
@nomus24g (16480)
@kobesbuddy (19698)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JolietJake Our first computer was a HP and it was the best one we've ever had:)
@LoriAMoore (10162)
Yay, so glad you got it. Big tower!
I can do live video on facebook now
@YrNemo (8744)
Eureka moment!
I've been messing with this for 8 hours now (on top of being here/facebook) and I think I'm gonna call it a night...see ya.
@YrNemo (8744)
@JolietJake The pain of being in a relationship with anything. re: have a good rest.
@YrNemo I'm back, got here about 15 minutes ago.
@koopharper (6318)
That was fast. Now you're right ready to roll again. Look out myLot.
Just pulled my old hard drive and stuck it in the new one so I didn't lose any files or anything.
@JolietJake There's a bonus.
Hello Grinch! I can sense your happiness all the way here. I’m pretty sure you’ll be busy tinkering with your new toy from your friends here in myLot. Enjoy!
This thing makes my old one seem like a 1960's transistor radio
Some of these things take a lot of 'figgering' sometimes. Glad you have it up and running.
Me too...especially since the old one is giving me a fit about coming on again. I had it unplugged while I was doing this, then took it into a different room to plug in an ethernet cable and start transferring files...and it's doing the same thing it did a few weeks ago...run for 2-3 seconds and shut off
@JolietJake Vince's is running slow now and he keeps having to log in and out to get it going properly. I can see we'll be up for a new one soon. We both like our computers - and we like them to work.
Has it warmed up to provide a comfy spot for Scar to roost?
He's out at the moment. I am thrilled that now I can watch videos from YouTube in HD while doing other things without the videos 'hanging up' now.
@topffer (30747)
• France
Congrats, but I would call them on Tuesday to claim for it again, maybe you would be refunded. A card reader seems to be an essential investment.
Found a cable
Wowza, wadda puter, that musta set you back a few bucks. Didn't your camera include a usb cable to use?
No clue where it was, but I found a multi-cable I bought for my iPod that works
I've got a lot of those USB cable things @JolietJake all I have to do is figure out what gadget the other end will fit other than my camera. Oh, I was curious, is that yer phone stickin out of the puter?
@rebelann Wireless card
They do that these couriers - land up earlier than specified and I like it. Glad you found your way to getting this picture up.
The only problem I am having is trying to transfer files from the old computer...it's acting up again, might have to physically pull the hard drive and put it in this one.
@JolietJake I found this link
When you buy a new computer, you start with a clean slate, which is great, but you don't have any of your documents or settings from your old computer. Luckily, it's very easy to transfer all your files and settings from your old computer to the ne
@allknowing Your computer has to turn on to do that, mine wouldn't power up
@ricki_911 (17220)
• Toronto, Ontario
I have had this when they said it was at the border yet on my kitchen table.
When I first ordered it they said December 7th
@ricki_911 (17220)
• Toronto, Ontario
@JolietJake Many of those are estimates but when it ships it says delivery by x day. But i never pay attention as it usually get here long before.
• Derby, England
Better than saying it will be here today and not getting it till next week!!
When they insist I have to sign for it though, they need to get their act together. I had been thinking about going out of town since I didn't think it was coming.
• Derby, England
@JolietJake My step daughter had an online grocery shop she asked to arrive between 9 and 11yesterday. They can at 2 pm which was annoying as it had all kinds of goodies for grandson's 3rd birthday party . She wanted it to arrive while he was at nursery but I was left trying to unpack and put it away with him and his 15 month old brother "helping". Step daughter was at work. they also forgot a couple of things she needed so she had to go out and get them today as the party is tomorrow. Very annoying!!
@owlwings (38187)
• Cambridge, England
That looks to be a pretty substantial machine! I'm surprised that it hasn't got a card reader though it seems to have some unused drive bays, so it wouldn't be difficult to put one in. I'd be a little concerned about covering the ventilation of the equipment it's sitting on, though. Something's liable to get hotter than it should (unless the radio or whatever it is is merely a doorstop, of course)..
That's just where it is sitting for the moment, it'll be moved to where the old one was shortly, I just needed easy access while I got everything set-up on it.
@owlwings (38187)
• Cambridge, England
I've had similar problems with Amazon and Ebay recently. It's really quite frustrating! I have ordered a number of things and each time I've been given an expected date of delivery and then the things have arrived sometimes as much as five days before they told me they would! In one case I was even able to send some Christmas presents to people with a friend, thus saving me a considerable amount in postage and packing!
What I think is strange is for $52 more they would have given me 'expedited shipping' and I would have got it November 30th. Instead, I was expecting it standard shipping on December 7th, when suddenly I got told yesterday I would get it today...but then told today it would be Tuesday...and here it sits. Oh well...I can't complain about that, really. Well, I guess I could, but why, eh?