Home early from girls day...

@Daelii (2160)
Well, my middle daughter who has a frequent issue with allergies / throwing up, started to feel a little queasy when we were working on the home depot kids activity workshop. She said she felt a bit better after having an accident in the rock department... So we had to cut our shopping early. The rest of the afternoon was hit or miss, with her being sick. We just got home, she was given her allergy meds and is now napping. I hope she's feeling better soon. I hate allergies! :(
• Peoria, Arizona
Gosh the poor thing! allergies are the worst
@Daelii (2160)
They are! I keep hoping its just note stuff to out grow pike she did with her milk allergy
It must be very hard to deal with all those allergies. I hope that she feels better soon.
@Daelii (2160)
Thanks me too! She drank a little bit of juice with strawberries in it ( allergic to strawberries among other things), plus she was out side and near garden plants and outdoor stuff. :(
Allergic substances can be really hard to avoid sometimes. Poor kid - and poor mum.
@Daelii (2160)
The food ones are usually pretty easy to avoid - except today, I didn't double check a drink an extended family member gave her. But the outside ones.... gah :( it gets both my middle daughter and my baby.
@Daelii Hopefully as they get older they'll be better able to judge what they should have and what they shouldn't.
@Daelii (2160)
@JudyEv Thats the thing though, she knows what she can/can't have and they usually check the labels if its something not made from scratch at home. Just ALL of us didn't bother checking since the person that got the drink, suffers allergies too and avoids her triggers, so no one thought she'd buy something/get something that she knows one of the girls can't have.. She just has a ton on her mind and it slipped it. It wasn't like she did it on purpose, shes just stressed a lot at the moment. But like I told the girls it wont hurt anyone's feelings if they double check the ingredients. Its better safe than sorry! That it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they read the label after me, to make sure! Cause it is easy for people to make a simple accident.
I do hope the allergy meds help her feel better. Allergies really do interfere with so much in life.
@Daelii (2160)
It does. She's been suffering from that and is also being treated for asthma. All the meds just play havoc. Its like dang if you do and dang if you don't.
@Daelii My niece would come to stay with us with her mom when she was little. She had a terrible time with asthma, and they would drive up here so that she could take our niece to LaRabia Children's Hospital in Chicago for treatment.
@Daelii (2160)
@Corbin5 Thankfully its not to that point! It flares up with her allergies, so she gets a rattling like cough. Then when her allergies flair up even more, she just starts coughing so much she makes herself sick. :(
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
How old is she?
@Daelii (2160)
She is five. Allergic to a number of known food allergies and some unknown outside triggers. :(
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Daelii that's no good.
I hate allergies too! The meds make me sleepy.
@Daelii (2160)
that they do!
My daughter was allergic to everything when she was little, and I had to take her to a specialist who made specially made shots for her, and it was very expensive. She kind of grew out of it though, the older she got. I hope she's feeling better.
@Daelii (2160)
They have talked about doing that when she is older, but right now, they keep wanting to retest doing the 50+ needle injections in the back. I said no. I can't do it to her. not when they can do blood tests and she's having night terrors and other issues related to doctors and being poked and prodded so much. :( :( She's 5!
• Riga, Latvia
I sure hope she wakes up feeling much better.
@Daelii (2160)
Thats what I'm hoping for!
@sjvg1976 (14714)
Everyone hate allergies. Hope she overcomes it.
@Daelii (2160)
Thanks. Me too! She is still sleeping