how to do with it if you can not fall asleep in the night?

i often can not fall asleep in the night, i do not know how to do with it
• Derby, England
I find the same and my mind goes over and over things that are not even worries. My pillow feels like a piece of wood but when i do gt to sleep I can sleep forever! I use lavender essential oil in my bath and read till I thin I feel rady to sleep and then suddenly i am wide awake!!
@dragon54u (31339)
I have always had trouble sleeping and recently started some rather desperate habits to sleep. I have found a way to sleep, though. First, how much do I really need? Just because everyone says I need 8 hours doesn't mean that's what I need because everyone is different. Second, don't panic when looking at the clock. Third, find something that lulls you to sleep. I need some "white noise" like a fan. I used to have a noise machine that made different sounds like birds, rain, white noise, a running creek, etc. I just use the fan now. There are a couple things I've tried lately but the best one is praying through the alphabet. Now, you don't have to pray but I figure I might as well. I start with A and think of a person I know whose name starts with it. I say a prayer for them, remember good times with them, and then on the B. I rarely get through J before I drift off. I think it's the power of positive thinking, good memories and good thoughts. If I can't think of a person I think of a situation like hunger, child education, endangered animals, pets, etc. You might want to try something similar, it works very well lately for me.