I've dressed the window

@sallypup (21925)
Moses Lake, Washington
Last year I found a lacy window covering. I like lace curtains. They add interest and when there's sunshine, interesting shadows dance from the lace. I've decided to not put a Christmas tree up this year. And yet I need fanciful light to get me through the murky days that are December. I decided to use this front window as a tree. The cheer lifts my mood and it was simple to do. I hope this photo comes through, showing the charm of Yule.
You make me want to go out and buy window dressing.
@sallypup (21925)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@sharon6345 Find some thrift shops and start rummaging! You never know what you'll find....that's where my scrap of lace came from.
@sallypup Oh, I would love to since one is down the block. But I get the creeps walking on that filthy floor. I want to go there for some jeans. I will see if I can get dropped off. I will try and not panic but looking down gives me the feeling stuff is crawling on me. You never know I could find some clothes.
@sallypup (21925)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@sharon6345 Its too bad you can't put on disposable booties like I've seen cleaners wear.
Adorable! You all have a nice time this December! I only out up a tree but no decorations on it or anywhere because my kitten would destroy all of them as the tree was already knocked over by a certain kitty cat!
@sallypup (21925)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Marty1 Hmmmm. There are pretty wooden ornaments out there and metal ornaments. Your kitty cat is just adorable.
@sallypup I never thought of that! i will look in the attic and see what I can bring out. If not a lot I may look next time I go to a store which will probably be next weekend! Thank you so much for helping me! Thank you for the kitty cat compliment!
@sallypup (21925)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Marty1 I love the idea of digging in an attic. You know what? One of the reasons why I hung unbreakable socks and cheap bells in my window?? Its a cat alley way! Ha ha. True, though. The cats jump off that window sill to a cabinet just beyond. I also have changed where I put something else, cause of a certain cat who now goes that way.
I love your idea. It is a window that brings cheer!!!
@alberello75 (13525)
• Genova, Italy
You had a good idea. Something of original We in the family, however, continue the tradition of the Christmas tree. We will do it on December 8th
@sallypup (21925)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@alberello75 Is December 8th St. Nick's Day; Saint Nick's Festival? I believe that when my Mom was a girl she and her family celebrated that day almost as much as Christmas. She and her brother put a sock out on their bed posts and of course there would be treats in those socks in the morning.
@alberello75 (13525)
• Genova, Italy
@sallypup In Italy, December 8th is "Immaculate Conception". Celebration Day. Excusa me this question. How do you usually spend your Sundays? Thanks in advance Alessandro
@sallypup (21925)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@alberello75 Are you Catholic? My Mom is. I spend my Sundays about the same way as I do most other days. I do thank God that I do not need to drive anywhere if I don't want to.
That was a really good idea and it looks very nice.
What a clever idea! They are lovely looking stockings too.
It looks absolutely beautiful. You did a great job!
• Riga, Latvia
That is lovely. I like the idea.
Oh no, I iz shamed, mine are nearly nakkid. I guess I better get on the ball, right?
I put weird window dressings on mine a couple years ago, I don't know why @sallypup now I'm rethinking that notion and maybe something else will be better suited for those windows. Of course when it's hot outside something has to cover them so it doesn't fry in here.
@sallypup (21925)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann I'm guilty of not liking to put a lot on my windows. (No neighbors near by so I can indulge myself.) And yes, come summer time, the bedroom in particular is a sauna.
Yeah, it's disgusting isn't it @sallypup I keep wondering why they only have one window in these bedrooms when for proper air flow there should be at least 2 on different walls.
@kobesbuddy (19709)
• East Tawas, Michigan
The Christmas tree is only a tradition, not everyone puts one up. One year we didn't, but we enjoyed my daughter's Christmas decorations, at her home. It's what we carry in our heart, that matters most!
@sallypup (21925)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@kobesbuddy You are right. We don't visit anyone so we have only what we have at our house to view.
@kobesbuddy (19709)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@sallypup Doing one window in holiday lace, will bring good cheer for the approaching season:)
@Ganma7 (2041)
Very very pretty
My grandmother had lace curtains in the living room..I always enjoyed them. Very charming indeed.
@YrNemo (8553)
Lacy curtains make me happy. I have them here too. .
Looks good!
Very nice photo showing the Yule.
nice
Your window looks very nice. I hope it cheers you up.