Playing the Lottery

@UncleJoe (8531)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Do you play the lottery? You may have won and never really knew it. There seems to have been a rash of dishonest convenience store clerks who told the real winners that they lost and then tried to cash in their winning ticket. That’s what this video shows. I’m not a gambler and hardly have time to play so I have found a way to do it quickly with the same outcome. All I do is drive by the store that sells lottery tickets and throw a handful of money out the window.
Most convenience store clerks in Wisconsin are honest people, but the I-Team found a handful of clerks trying to cheat customers out of their lottery winnings.
We are 4 times more likely to be hit by lightening than winning the lottery. I will just keep dodging lightening rather than play the lottery.
@Daelii (2035)
@Corbin5 that's awful!! My mom was pregnant with my younger brother. I was around 1 at the time. So I dont remember anything. She said he had just docked his fishing boat and was coming inside at the time. :(
I throw my lottery playing money in my bank! CHA-CHING I won.
One day I was broke and had no food. I found one buck. I went and bought one ticket. I won 15$ on that card. I was so happy. I took another buck and got another card on the corner. I won $40 I bought another ticket I won $10 Oh boy kay was so happy that day. I bought another ticket I lost that buck. I went to buy food and kay snacks.I went home very happy. I spent $1 and won $100 I gave away 40 and went home happy. But I had the worst luck in my life. I bought a bigger card and won a million that time. I went bonkers and my bipolar got the best of me. I called three people and no one answered. I tore the card up and tossed it out. I was sick after that. I always told people I would not ever want to win big on te lottery. but I sure wish someone would have picked up the phone.
@Genipher (5242)
I would have hounded them with phone calls until I got my million bucks! Ahhh, what I could do with a million dollars...!!
@Morleyhunt (16553)
That is the standard retirement plan isn't it? Winning the lottery? I make plans of what I would do if I won a large amount of money. My generosity in my head is boundless. I even share my plans with my husband.....then he reminds me.... Oh yes....to win....buying a ticket is a requirement. That is one thing I have never done. I have purchased tickets as a fundraiser for a school....thinking of it as a donation.
@Genipher (5242)
My husband and I are the same way! I have all these ideas (start a scholarship fund, help others, even host contests for kids...) but we never play the lottery.
We rarely buy a lottery ticket but wouldn't it be fun to win?
@UncleJoe As you know I am a recovering Compulsive Gambler so I've done it but since I worked with the tickets I didn't listen to the clerk. Although I now have gone on a mission to stop predatory practices. Check out this video about them being made! There is more of a problem than you might think! FYI I will be involved in a report concerning the problem With Indian Casinos.
Inside an unassuming office building in Lansing, there is a room that to some, might resemble a casino.It’s actually the gaming control and testing lab for the Michigan Lottery, inside the Michigan Lottery headquarters.“These are the terminals that you see
@KristenH (20384)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Well, two years ago, I did win an entry to the local Cash Explosion Lotto game show. But my name was never called to be on air. I would love to win the Power Ball someday.
@Daelii (2035)
From time to time I might drop a dollar to play. Can't win if you dont play!
@Ithink (6790)
I do know of someone that won big and they squandered it all away and ended up being worse off then they were. I sometimes wish I had the money to try but if I had the money to waste then I would actually do more in the house faster.
@Platespinner (18484)
I can think of much more entertaining ways to waste money.
I used to get a few tickets for the MI lotto but haven't done that in years. On paydays, I do get a few of the instant tickets.