I'm afraid of the dark, are you?

https://pixabay.com/en/man-dark-gloomy-mood-mystical-2850159/
I was reading a post by @sharon6345, and she wrote that she was going to stay in the dark, and that is something I couldn't do. For most of my life, I slept in complete darkness, but around 10 years ago, my eyes started playing tricks on me. I could make out shapes of people or beings in the darkness, and that was it for me. So, now I have an indirect bright light on, where I can see everything clearly, but I do miss sleeping in the dark. Are you afraid of the dark? Image from pixabay
I like it dark even during the day.
That's what vampires say.
@misunderstood_zombie "The dark is my friend" quote from "Cat People."
@JohnRoberts I saw Cat people with Malcolm McDowell along time ago. Is that the one, or are you referring to the book.
Not at all. These days I don’t get scared of anything in the dark.
That's good that you're not scared.
@misunderstood_zombie I realised that there's nothing to be afraid of.
@cahaya1983 (9678)
I don't like complete darkness where I can't see a single thing around me. When I sleep I like the room to be dark but with very soft light coming from the bedroom window.
@hereandthere (24192)
i'm not used to total darkness because the street lights illuminate the room a bit. it's helpful when you need to go to the toilet at 3am. i can stumble to the door without turning on the light. i wonder what triggered those silhouettes that you see? were they scary?
I'm not sure, but I can't face them again. I always make sure there's a light source nearby if the power goes out. Yes, they are very scary.
@Madshadi (4898)
• Brussels, Belgium
I’m not afraid of dark but I don’t like being in dark places. I like to see what’s around me. Even when I sleep I keep some lights in
It's probably a good idea to leave a small light on, then you can see in the middle of the night.
@Madshadi (4898)
• Brussels, Belgium
@misunderstood_zombie exactly! Sometimes I wake up to reach for a glass of water for example. Or my phone to check the time. I want to be able to see.
@Madshadi I totally agree, and also for me I don't want to see things in the dark.
@FayeHazel (11811)
I , also - do not like pitch dark and do not blame you at all
Thanks, not everyone understands other people's fears.
@FayeHazel (11811)
@misunderstood_zombie Ah yes, compassionate people are hard to find
@LoriAMoore (10078)
I'm not afraid of the dark but if i get scared in the night I turn all the nights on in the other rooms
Sometimes, nights can get really scary, especially after a nightmare or scary movie.
@lady1993 (15616)
hmm, when i am at home, not really.. since i know there aren't any scary stuff here- we've lived here for over 15 years
That helps a lot to feel safe. I feel safe here also, but still have the problem for some reason.
@lady1993 (15616)
@misunderstood_zombie just control your fear? sometimes i imagine some scary stuff too but i tell myself that there is nothing to be afraid of.. or you can sing
@dodo19 (28120)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I do sometimes get a little scared of the dark. I do like some lights on, but I prefer dim lights.
I use the hall light, it's bright but not too bright.
I am in the dark most of the day.It's dark here about 6pm. My house is pitch black. You can only see around the computer lights. I love it. My daughter is afraid of the dark. My mom oh no tv is going off in her room unless she is leaving the house. I am so glad tha my man can sleep in the dark
It is hard when two people want different things in a relationship. So it's nice for you that it works out.
@shivamani10 (10769)
• Hyderabad, India
I am a Dark addict. I will not sleep in a light.Not under even a small buib.
I wish I could be like that still.
@rina110383 (23445)
No, I'm not. Darkness doesn't scare me. It's the people the people that are scary.
I agree, that some people are really scary.
@josie_ (5155)
Sleeping with the lights on suppress the sleep hormone "melatonin" which could affect our body's metabolic process. I have never been able to sleep unless in total darkness...even after watching a late night horror movie.
That's good that you can do sleep in darkness. I wish I could still do so.
yes since i got horrible nightmares i started to sleep with lights on
I have terrible nightmares also.
@nangayo (2293)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I am not afraid of the dark i can walk in darkness for a long distance without fear.
@ilocosboy (33293)
yes, I'm so afraid of the dark
@EddieHands (33086)
NOt so scared of the dark since i can't see in it. Then again also I just close my eyes and can't see. I love sleeping
@averygirl72 (14120)
I don't sleep in complete darkness. We use a dim light when we sleep. I'm afraid of the dark as if I will feel someone will touch me or there is someone following me in the dark
@jobelbojel (5148)
I don't turn off the light at night.
@yanzalong (8869)
The same here. Especially total darkness.