What would you do if you had a friend that was sad all the time?

Portugal
Hi everyone My best friend is always depressed. I try to be sweet to him and be there for him but he tries to hide his pain. I notice that he feels sad but he doesnt talk much about it. I decided to show him that I care by telling him how important he is to me and give him a lot of care but will it be enough to make him feel better? What would you guys do if you had a friend that was with a big depression? Please share
@Shivram59 (330)
@sweetloveforeve You reminded me of a friend of mine who always looked sad and almost depressed.I used to cheer him up by groping and fondling him,but in vain.Now he lives in another city.
• Portugal
That is great that you tried to help your friend I just hope that he feels better
• Portugal
@Shivram59 sometimes I feel like that too I dont know what I can do to make him feel better sometimes but I will keep trying to make him happy.
@sweetloveforeve May I ask you who is this 'he'?Is he you boyfriend or hubby?Excuse me.
@cahaya1983 (9723)
Was he clinically diagnosed with depression? One of my friends suffered from depression. I agree that support from family and friends is important but usually the best way to deal with the problem is by getting professional help.
• Portugal
I believe he is with depression but I know that he wont take professional help so I will help him a lot
@sweetloveforeve Well I hope he's just sad and nothing really serious is going on.
• Portugal
@cahaya1983 thanks for worry
@Meramar (1956)
Suffering by depression it's important to talk about the reasons and the feelings with someone. That's quite difficult, as not everyone is able to talk about or preferes to suffer on his own. Maybe he needs profesional help. Try to find out what he likes to do and go ahead, it may change his mood. He could need some kind of motivation.
• Portugal
That is what I am doing thanks for your advice
@Meramar (1956)
@sweetloveforeve You are welcome!
• Portugal
@lady1993 (15779)
you can ask him in private if he is okay.. that could be the first question.
• Portugal
Yes i already did and he said that he doesnt feel happy but he doesnt want to talk about it
@lady1993 (15779)
21h
@sweetloveforeve that is sad to hear.. the only thing you can do is just be there for him then
• Nairobi, Kenya
I will make them happy and be there for them. :) Go out with the friend, have fun and take pictures.
• Portugal
Yes I will be there for him Im glad you would do the same in a situation like this
I will make him happy.
• Portugal
Yes I will do the same
leave him for a while now maybe he wants to be alone for now
• Portugal
Thanks for your advice
@shivamani10 (10812)
• Hyderabad, India
Certainly, I will bring him out of depression.
• Portugal
I am happy that you would try to help your friend
@sjvg1976 (14713)
Will try to know what going on his mind and still if he doesn't open up I will let him to solve the issues by himself.
• Portugal
Yes I tried to talk to him about it but he doesnt open up. I decided that I will be sweet to him like I always was and hope that he focus on the care I have for him and maybe his pain can start to slowly disappear