Sunshine on our Sunday Morning

Good sunny Sunday to everyone! Its a bright and sunny day here. And very mild I might add. We were up early, out to church and back home again already. We need to finish decorating our tree, we had good intentions on doing that yesterday, but it was such a nice day outside....... We found a wonderful new restaurant last evening. It was just busy enough that you knew it drew a crowd yet very quiet. We had a delicious meal. We may have found the perfect location to make reservations for New Years Eve now. We miss our old place but its over an hour's drive from here, so time to find a new place. Today's plans are laid back. We're going to finish decorating our Christmas tree, enjoy brunch together and probably some outside time. The weather is very mild, what's on your agenda for the day today?
Be sure to enjoy a nice sunshine day. Not too many during winter. A quiet day as usual expected here.
We have our garden door open, not many days that you can do this in December in Canada, but I'm enjoying it today.
I want so bad to go out soon as well.
Is it a nice sunny and mild day there too?
Sounds like a nice weekend you are having! I think it is great spending new years eve at that new restaurant. I don't usually do anything for that holiday! i stayed up this year and missed it as I was reading and didn't notice it was midnight until 15-20 minutes later! I felt bad as I had my hamster, Marty and i wished him a happy new years late. This year i will make sure as it will be the first time my kitty cart celebrated the holiday!
We like to go out and have a nice meal together on the last day of the year. We don't do anything else, just go home afterwards and usually find ourselves fast asleep before the stroke of midnight.
@Juliaacv there was an Italian restaurant my parents were friends with the owners, and we went every new years eve but early at around 6 or so in the evening. I am with my kitty cat this year and no going out to eat . I am usually asleep most years before midnight but was not doing my best mentally when I was up almost every night all night last year
@Marty1 We used to make reservations for about 6:30 or 7 every year and the owner would stop by and greet us and personally wish us a happy new year and talk about the year that we were ending. Great memories, I am sure that you and the kitty will make great memories together this new years.
Just finished my decorating and going to wrap some gifts a bit later. Enjoy your day.
We didn't get the tree done. Hopefully later on today we will. I am going to have to lay down soon, I'm not having a very good day so I should rest. Sure can't wait to feel better after this surgery......
@Juliaacv hope you get some rest. It will soon be all behind you.
@Happy2BeMe Thanks, today is a tough day.
We went to a concert last night and haven't been home long. Mayvbe I'll get my Christmas cards finished today.
Sounds like a good time. I quit sending out cards like I used to. Too many of my older relatives were starting to die off. I'm going to send Alfredo a card from the site here.
@sueznewz2 (9384)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm glad you had a nice meal, and are enjoying some mild weather ...sadly It's Raining And foggy here in the uk ... so Not going Out anywhere ..
We had bright sunshine by day today and now bright full moonlight by night. Its a beautiful and mild night outside. I hope that your rain ends and the sunshine makes its debut.
@sueznewz2 (9384)
• Alicante, Spain
@Juliaacv thanks ... I hope so too...
Sounds like a good new place to eat. No plans besides rest and tv
Oh it was so nice. And we had such great fun together there, that's why we've decided to make reservations for the last day of the year there. I'm resting now too, good idea!
@Juliaacv glad you both love it. Make sure to do early reservations.! And glad you got to rest
It sounds like you have enjoyed the last couple of days, that's great! =) I hope you have a wonderful day! Not much happening here today.
Oh Jenn last night was so magical. We had the most fun we've had in months.
@Juliaacv That's so incredible to hear!! So glad God blessed your night. =)
The weather is pretty good here also.
Days like this are priceless at this time of the year. Today is near perfect in my books.
@Platespinner (18472)
Beautiful photo! I'm relaxing while I wait for the three offspring to get home from church, our Sunday morning schedules are a bit out of kilter at the moment. This afternoon will likely involve tackling a sewing project I need to stop procrastinating over and then this evening, we have rehearsal for next weeks Christmas choir concert.
I am petering out already, I believe that I had a cyst burst last evening. So today I still have a lot of pain and I think that I'll lie down for a while now. We started decorating the tree, but stretching and reaching bothered me. I don't like feeling like this. I hope that you get to your project, I always like to read about the projects that you and your sister produce, they always amaze me. I'll be waiting for a project posing in a few days.....you know that right?
I went to the local store and bought a few grocery items. It's very nice and sunny here too. We were supposed to go to my office Christmas party tonight. But I'm still getting over a virus and hubby is not feeling all that well either. So we won't be going out of town for it.
I don't blame you, if you are both feeling under the weather then you should stay at home and rest. I hope that you feel better soon.
@CinnamonGrl (5801)
• Paradise, California
Haven't been up very long here. Other than getting out for a walk around this park, I eally don't know what I'm doing with my Sunday. It's supposed to be sunny here, and nice and cool for walking. I think 51 F is supposed to be our high temp. So what did you order at the wonderful new restaurant? I haven't been out for a meal in awhile. Kind of feel like getting some Chinese food soon. I love it, and haven't tasted any for months. Enjoy your brunch and decorating!
I had fish and chips, my husband had chicken and ribs. We had a chicken bruschetta for an appetizer, it was so wonderfully delicious. Part of the reason that we loved it so much was the atmosphere, it was a little more upscale then any place we've been to here. Its funny that you mentioned Chinese, I think that we'll be going out for that for supper tonight.
@rina110383 (23064)
Finish some paper works for clients before I leave the office.
It is best to make the most of good weather when you have it.