Dizzy Blonde!!!!

I am beyond thrilled!!!! I made a big mistake and my hubby is still laughing over it. I was about to print our boarding passes for our trip to Florida, when I noticed that we don't leave on Monday, but on Tuesday!!!!! That means I can keep Doodles the cat for one more day!!!! I also don't have to rush with final preparations for Florida, since most of yesterday went belly up as far as doing what needed doing. Our son popped over for a lengthy visit yesterday afternoon and we had a "goodbye" dinner with our son, his new bride, and her parents later that evening. What fun that was and the restaurant was beyond delicious! Our son wanted it to be his goodbye treat, but thank goodness my husband picked up the tab as a Christmas/Chanukah/Goodbye dinner. The bill came to just over $600!!!! We love our food. lol He needs his money for his new house, anyway. So today I will get to those last minute things, go out to lunch with our friends, love Doodles as much as possible, and myLot inbetween. Being a dizzy blonde does have its perks!
We all have those moments lol Glad you enjoyed your dinner out.
Duh! lol Dinner was awesome. Leaving for lunch in a few minutes, and one of my friends is a neighbor of the owner of that restaurant. Will pick her brains about it.
sounds like the family dinner was really tasty. I love going out to eat too.
I always thought that you were dizzy.A dizzy Blonde fits you.(kidding)you have a new title
Actually, it's an old title!
@DianneN Yes I know.Have a good evening
nothing wrong with a dizzy blonde they are the nicest ones to be around and hang out with.
• Lakewood, Colorado
A lovely day have fun Dianne.
Thanks OT! I'm thrilled to have this extra day!!!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@hostessman (7219)
• Tucson, Arizona
i think i will keep my mouth shut as far as dizzy blondes goes
Lol! You do that!
dizzy blondes are the coolest and the most street smart and the most fun to be around.
@lnillerman Thank you! lol
About $100 each is what we spend usually in restaurants here. Your husband was very nice to pay the bill.
He never ever lets the kids pay. He's a very generous man to everyone. Thank you!
@DianneN My Dad did the same, until he was in life, he never let us pay.
that's why I usually eat fast food.
I'm just thinking how fortunate it was that the error wasn't the other way round and you were leaving Sunday!
That would have killed me!
@DianneN Your husband mightn't have laughed so much either!
sounds like it was a great weekend.
It was funny. My husband's mother was describing this farm-to-table tasting menu place that they went to in Asheville, NC for dinner. She said it was "very expensive" and we were ready to hear that it was like $200+ per head. Then she told us that it cost like $60 per person before drinks. We both laughed and said that was very reasonable for a multi-course tasting menu.
That is very reasonable for a farm-to-table restaurant. lol
I really hope it was worth it it better be some great food.
@DianneN I'm glad you had a great time Dianne you are a great gal and you have a beautiful family.
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm a dizzy brunette, with too many boo-boos under her belt! Our last goodbye dinner came to $100 for about twelve, which got split:)
. You are hilarious!!!
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
sounds like you guys had a great time and ate some really good food.
Another day with Doodles sure does mean a lot! So glad the get-together was such fun for all!
It was a gift of joy to me!!!! I also get another night! Thanks. We had such a wonderful time with our "new" family.
@JustBhem (22645)
• Davao, Philippines
I think you like the food and spending a lot is satisfaction.
We only eat at independently owned restaurants with very good ratings. We don't care how much it costs, within reason, of course.
@JustBhem (22645)
• Davao, Philippines
@DianneN As long as you are satisfied with the food. It's okay.
@JustBhem It was worth every penny.
Wow that's alot for one meal. Glad you all enjoyed the food and time together though
Thank you! We usually spend about the same, give or take, when we eat out. Today's lunch with friends was a tiny bit less. lol. Being together and having a wonderful time is what counts!
@DianneN i hate even having a $50 check. So wow lol
@Courtlynn . Let's just say that my husband pays.
One more day of being able to get ready certainly helps! I hope you get some time in to get some relaxation in before leaving - Doodles will be fine with it . Ohhhh, what did you guys have for this celebratory dinner?
I certainly needed the extra day! I've been loving Doodles way too much. I managed to get laundry done and make room in my huge bedroom dresser for the kids when they stay here. I also took a quick nap today after our lunch with friends. Besides two cocktails, which my new daughter-in-law recommended, i had little pita squares with a delectable dipping compote, gratis, then fried artichoke hearts, dumplings, flank steak, sour cream mashed potatoes, a huge variety of roasted vegetables. My daughter-in-law had a delicious vegan dinner. My son had a wonderful vegetarian dinner and dessert. The meat and fish eaters were very happy, too!
@DianneN Wow, well you certainly made the most out of that extra day ! Ohhh, the yummies you had sounds soooooo good . It's wonderful to hear that vegans and non-vegans CAN coexist . . . I have certain vegan friends who would never go near us meat eaters when it comes to eating and if they did, we would never hear the end of it!!
@much2say I truly needed that extra day. Some vegans carry it too far, but that's me talking. lol
Doodles is blonde crazy.
He does love his grammy!
Are you leaving for the winter time?
Yes! Returning April 4th. Just checked the date. lol
@sallypup (22018)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm glad you got that figured out. Enjoy!
Ha ha!!! What a ditz I can be!
@sallypup (22018)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN Frankly I've done worse.
@sallypup Well, since we're being so honest, so have I!
@Ganma7 (2074)
Good for you! Glad you enjoyed your dinner, saw family and have more time. I know how that feels xxoo travel safe
Thanks so much! I'm certain you know, too! We arrived safely and on time. Now we are busy opening, cleaning, and grocery shopping. I shall return to myLot when I can rest. lol
@Ganma7 (2074)
@DianneN YA safely and onetime! Good to hear. I know the routine when arriving. Take your time and I will look forward to hearing from you xxoo
@Ganma7 Thanks! We have to meet in person asap!
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
wow that's a big bill, and yes I guess you do love your food. Have a safe trip to Florida on Tuesday.
Thank you! We are here safe and sound, but still busy settling in. We never skimp on our big, fat bellies.
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
@DianneN Glad to hear you arrived safely. Soon we are going to go to Red Lobster, I do so love that place, and when it's me and hubby we spend over 100 bucks which for me is quite a lot.
That is my one month's budget
We like fine dining, and no junk food for us. lol
@DianneN I have a friend who is rich like you. One day I refused to buy lobsters as they were each costing Rs. 75 I mentioned this to my rich friend and she told me she had just paid Rs 3000/- for a lobster dish at a 5 star joint!!!!!
Not being dizzy - just over eager to get to Florida.
I'm such a ditz! My friend knew exactly when we are leaving. She told me I told her.
@DeborahDiane (16225)
• Laguna Woods, California
@DianneN - Glad you had an extra day you weren't expecting. What fun! My husband would have laughed at me, too. Can't wait to see pictures from Florida, once you arrive!
Thank you! We really needed that extra day. We arrived yesterday, but are emotionally and physically exhausted. Just playing a bit of catchup now, but will write a discussion after I catch my breath.
• Laguna Woods, California
@DianneN - Enjoy your relaxing winter in Florida!
@DeborahDiane Thank you! However, I haven't had much time to relax, yet.