Getting some more fresh striped bass

A good friend who lives a couple of houses up the street texted me and asked if I wanted some striper. I guess he was out fishing this morning and caught a couple. I immediately responded "absolutely!" I have a few pieces in the freezer already from my dad but I'll take as much as I can get because it is sooooo good! You can't buy it in fish shops or grocery stores so you can only obtain it when you or someone you know catches it out of the ocean. He asked me if I needed him to filet it. I'm no fool so I said "yes please". I know how to filet a fish but stripers are large and I'm not that great at them. He can do the work and that will ensure that not much fish is wasted. I will repay him by making him some cookies or a cake or something. Very excited!
Very nice..enjoy
I will! Striped bass is one of my favorite fish. My men are having a great season with them.
@NJChicaa that is great.
There's tasty fresh fish dinners in your future.
Absolutely! It is such a delicious fish.
@ricki_911 (17194)
• Toronto, Ontario
That was nice of him to give you some.
I know! Everyone wants it around here. I’m very lucky
I never heard of that before. I thought it was something else till I kept reading.
It is a very tasty white fish. I pan-seared some in my cast iron skillet last week. I seasoned it with blackening seasoning. Oh it was outrageous.
XStriped Basswildlife.ohiodnr.govMore 1167X750Image SearchSearch BoxAds