Thinking of Asking for a Switch

@IvySaysHi (4216)
I am pretty sure that the dentist I work with on Tuesdays and Wednesdays is the reason I end up with so much anxiety and problems. When I work at the other office I have more people available for help and the dentists are more understanding and just nicer when it comes to teaching me or if there are any criticisms. There are also more assistants at the bigger office which can offer help whenever I need it. I feel bad about asking to leave that office but I just don't want to work at that office while he is there. I am fine with the Friday staff but I just don't want to work with him. Do you think I am doing the right thing? Or should I just suck it up and push on?
If you just started, you might want to hang on a little longer before making any waves.
@IvySaysHi (4216)
Yeah i have been working with him for about 2 months now. I will give it until January though he is going to be really intense now more than ever especially this week because everyone will be coming in to do things before the holidays
@IvySaysHi are you seeing a counselor? They can give you good strategies for how to deal with an abrupt or unpleasant boss. I hope the mess are helping. I take an anti-depressant as well as anti-anxiety meds. I don’t know if you are doing both but that is an option available.
@sallypup (22023)
• Moses Lake, Washington
This could be hard. Stick in there some how?
@IvySaysHi (4216)
I am for the most part at least until the end of the month
@ricki_911 (17194)
• Toronto, Ontario
If you just started i wouldn't as they have a reason to fire you. If ita for achool many times that is butning bridges. While i waa in school a girl did that ans couldn't find placement due to leaving one.
@IvySaysHi (4216)
I started about 2 months ago
Well, I would let more time pass before deciding to make a change. I think you may figure out a way to work successfully with the dentist if you give it some time.
@IvySaysHi (4216)
I have been working with him for about 2 months now
@IvySaysHi We used to go to a dentist and he was so rude to all the dental assistants. One time I actually told him to "calm down." I was embarrassed for the staff when he behaved that way. I suppose he wanted everything to be just perfect or was a highly-nervous person, but he needed to chill.
@IvySaysHi (4216)
@Corbin5 Yeah that is what my dentist is like he is just always on edge never calming down unless he is in the back on his own reading whatever it is he reads on the computer
@cherriefic (4291)
• Baguio, Philippines
If you fewl bad having him around, better make a switch. Stress is not good for your health.
@IvySaysHi (4216)
Thats why i want to switch
I think maybe its a good idea to switch if you think it will be a better environemnt!
@IvySaysHi (4216)
Yeah i think so too