Repercussions Of Life.

I woke up this morning thinking about which came first concepts. In simpler terms what is the result (repercussion) of what I did yesterday? My health is a prime example. What I did in my younger years, events from the past and such all have a connection to what I am experiencing today. I'm a recovering addict so here is what the repercussions of both paths are for me today: 1. Pre addiction I held in a lot of my feelings and let them fester. This resulted in looking for an escape ie my addiction. 2. During my addiction I escaped the pain which led to lost opportunities, relationships and self respect. A spiraling path to destruction. 3. Recovery led me to focus on re-branding and new life purposes. I now focus on developing materials and helping others get back to a 'normal' life. The past however has developed health issues and caused me to be disabled but it hasn't stopped me from finding a better way forward. What things can you look at and see the repercussions of it today?
I have allowed stress to manifest itself in physical ways on my body. That has caused health issues for me.
@NJChicaa Have you made any changes to create better outcomes for the future?
@Berniezeitler I work out, I care less about the things that used to stress me out, my schedule at work has changed, etc.
I know what you mean. Stress and worry can cause damage in invisible ways and even though we know it isn't good, it still gets to us. You can try making changes but something always seems to pop up.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh gosh..the main ingredient for my demise was choice of life partner
@TiarasOceanView But it is getting better these days??? Right??
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Berniezeitler Oh yes I have no one to ruin me now..just my kid lol
@LoriAMoore (9987)
A plethora of poor relationship, money, and health choices.
@LoriAMoore But in the end have you made changes that have turned them into something good?
I wish I had not decided that Recovery, Inc., now Recovery, International, was not for me after I attended a few meetings when I was in my late early 20s. I would have saved myself a lot of suffering, and a lot of money, if I had embraced Recovery, Inc. then. I did go back in my 30s, and that non-profit saved my life. Dr. Low said, "My patients go from doctor to doctor, hospital to hospital, clinic to clinic, and when they run out of money, they come to me." So true.
@alberello75 (13533)
• Genova, Italy
Once also I believed that, my current situation of discomfort, was the repercussion of something from me, lived in the past (eg bullying!) But I realized that I was bullied, because of my physical-mental weakness, with which I was born! Now dear Bernard, in my case, where would the repercussion be?
@alberello75 (13533)
• Genova, Italy
@Berniezeitler Indeed. We need each of us to find the right path in our lives
Where does one begin? It's a litany of choices made and not made. I think every single one of us experience these repercussions of life when we hit a certain age and sometimes it isn't pretty.
@sugartoes (34712)
• Greencastle, Indiana
the gov on how this world got to where it is TODAY! ! !