~The Day So Far~

Pixabay
Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone, I hope you are doing well. =) Things are okay here, a little strange but still good of course. My husband went to church with the older kids this morning and he had the door shut in his face after asking if he could give his testimony, weird. I was just outside with the kids while they were playing and met one of the neighbor's kids dads. He said I'm ---, I'm her dad. I said hey I'm Jennifer-their dad. Meant to say mom but I get so nervous in front of new people that I end up looking like a FOOL! Eh, oh well feeling kind of silly now... It's been a strange kind of day today. Lol. Anything strange/different/weird happen to you today?
Why did they they shut the door in his face - that is strange! And well, sometimes us moms do play the roles of dads so it was kinda true . Let's see . . . like how you rearranged your furniture the other day, we made plans to do some switcherooing too. We had it all planned out for days now . . . but during breakfast today, we created a completely different plan - and that's what we're going to do today .
@much2say He was being persistent and apparently that wasn't received well. Oh well. True! I guess at times I am mom and dad. Lol. I hope the plan works out well! =)
@ricki_911 (17193)
• Toronto, Ontario
I haven't left home so nothing has happened. But i have had this happen. I do laugh now but at the time i felt like an idiot.
@ricki_911 I know the feeling! I felt so silly after the kids pointed it out to me. Lol
That was rude of them to treat Johnny that waybat church. Dont feel silly about what you said. We all do that at times. Its kind of funny. Nothing strangehas happened to me today but then again I havent even stepped outside my door.
@Happy2beme Yeah he was more persistent about it than they liked. It is funny now, I felt pretty silly when I did it though and the kids laughed at me! Lol.
@LovingMyBabies lol of course they did.
• Derby, England
How very rude!! Why would they do that. I would not return if I were treated so rudely. I thought churches were supposed to welcome all.
@catsholiday Yeah, he was being persistent about it and they didn't like that.
@kobesbuddy (19518)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This made me smile! One fill in Pastor spoke to me, 'Hi, I'm Pastor Jim Williams!' I stood there, as if I was made of stone, shaking his right hand, staring up at his face. He spoke again, 'And your name is?' I squeaked out a mousy sounding voice, 'Jay's wife!'
@kobesbuddy Well at least I made someone smile and you know how I feel! Lol. I'm not good with new people at all, I sound foolish.
@kobesbuddy (19518)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Even with people I know, it's hard for me to feel comfortable. My face gets flush, I shake, and start fumbling for words that don't make any sense! I am inferior to everyone, through my own eyes
@kobesbuddy I'm Sorry! That must be hard to deal with.
Oh wow! That wasn't very nice. Lol, silly. My moms called my grandmother my mom, and my brother my son before. But no weird or different things yet today.. but then been home alone all day so far.
@Courtlynn No it wasn't. I'm glad nothing weird has happened to you today. =)
@LovingMyBabies a new church in your future? Thanks.
@Courtlynn Yes most definitely.
My bed arrived earlier. The guy bringing it brought it right up stairs. So nice of him. I am thrilled to have my new(to me) bed. Am waiting now for the mattress pad and sheets to arrive so I can set it up.
@celticeagle That's great, hope they arrive soon. =)
@LovingMyBabies .....Me too.
That is an odd thing to happen at a church. Sure does not seem right at all. We have sunshine and warm here, which is welcome in November. I am happy to report nothing weird happened here.
@Corbin5 Apparently some churches believe you can only say your testimony if your someone important in the church.
@LovingMyBabies Now, that does not sound right to me.
How odd and rude to have the doors of a church shut in your face. I don't understand why. Lol! Sometimes we say such silly things without thinking, especially when we're nervous.
@DianneN Yeah my husband was taken back by it too. I hate when it happens! Lol
@Morleyhunt (16745)
Not every church has a policy allowing someone to just get up and give a testimony. Have you been to that church often?
@Morleyhunt Went there 3 years, that's why it was strange. He didn't walk off the street as a stranger to them.
Talk about a gender bender! Just enjoy having a good laugh about it and make your day brighter.
@Johnroberts Yeah I did laugh and hopefully he doesn't think I'm insane. Lol
That's a terrible way to treat anyone. I know that he'd never do that. I've said some things that didn't come out the way I intended them to, no need to worry about that. You are a good mother and person and I'm sure in no time he has realized that.
@Juliaacv Yeah it wasnt nice but we had a feeling this church might react that way when he asked about giving a testimony. Thank you. =)
I sure the man thought it was funny. So all was good.
@jstory07 Or he thinks I'm a nut job with an identity crisis going on!
My day has been GREAT! No complaints here.
@NJChicaa That's good, I'm glad. =)
How rude and lol that's hilarious, probably thinking the 1st Dad named Jennifer I ever met haha.
@Trbrocks420 I know I felt so dumb! And the worst part? I didn't even realize, the kids pointed it out to me.
@LovingMyBabies It happens to the best of us :)
@rina110383 (23369)
So far, none this morning. Hoping I won't be doing anything weird after lunch.
@rina110383 Lol hope you had a good day. =)
That doesn't seem a nice way to treat your husband.
@Judyev I agree!
@LeaPea2417 (15388)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Why would your Church not let him give his Testimony?
@prashu228 (22658)
So they want a testimony to go to that church.. it's weird. I don't like such kind of behavior of church.
@Tina30219 (26274)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sorry to hear this happened to you and also what happened to your husband as well. I get embarrassed if I go up to someone and start talking to them thinking I know them and it turns out it is not who I thought it was .