Count Much?

Hmmmmmm. Looks like my black glass cooktop is missing a knob.. Yesterday, I cleaned under that knob and then went on my merry way to attend to a multitude of small tasks, indoors and out. Eventually, I remembered I had to replace the knob on that silver thingy that holds it in place, and I came to the miserable conclusion that the knob was missing! I looked for that knob in every room of this house. I dug through the yucky stuff in the kitchen garbage can, searched the garage, and even looked for that knob on the outdoor patio. I looked under the living room couch for that knob, and I turned my purse upside down and emptied the contents of my purse to see if I had absentmindedly placed the knob in that purse of mine. 45 minutes of looking, and not finding that knob, had me online searching for a replacement knob made for my model of a Jenn-Air glass cooktop. $12.95 for one knob. Good price. Problem solved! While at the kitchen sink, I glanced at the black glass cooktop one more time. Huh? Let's count the burners. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Huh? Let's count the knobs. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Huh? I do not have 6 burners needing 6 knobs on my black glass cooktop. I took knob number 5, sitting to the left of the silver thingy for heaven's sake, and placed knob number 5 back on the silver thingy. Duh! .
You sound like a dizzy blonde, too! lol
I am. My husband was too afraid to come out of his office during my search. I was digging through coffee grounds to find that thing. I think dizzy blondes are oh so interesting!
@Corbin5 Yes, they certainly are entertaining to others!
@DianneN I think you and I are amazing and also quite delightful!!
problem solved there.
It sure took me a long time to solve it, but solve it I did.
@Corbin5 Good for you there.
Kinda like walking around looking for the sunglasses perched on your head
My husband was scared to come out of his office during the frantic search for the knob that was there all the time. Poor guy. It was a frenzied search. He gets out of the way when I am in a state of frenzy. Smart man.
what do you do with the six burners?
Well, there are only 5, but I must have thought there were 6. We never use all five burners, so having five is sort of a waste.
• Derby, England
How annoying!! Sound like the kind of thing I would do!!
I was beginning to doubt my sanity, but will just forget about this little episode. Life is really hard sometimes.
• Derby, England
@Corbin5 At least the problem is solved though!!
@catsholiday I was amazed how I could not tell the knob to the left of the silver thingy was the knob that went on that silver thingy. Digging through the garbage trying to find it was pretty yucky.
I sort of wish I was just missing a knob..somehow my kitchen element in the range ended up broken and needs to be replaced.
I was afraid I would not find a knob to fit, but luckily I have the manual with the model number, which is something I usually do not have.
@Corbin5 I found out where the model number is located..so that helps. I think I do have a manual here, but finding it is another matter.I have a good idea where to look though.
@ebanreb (4746)
All about burners? I dont get it sorry
Here we have cooktops that have gas burners on them. You turn the knob and the burner produces a flame. I just thought I lost a knob used to turn on one of the burners, but it was right there in front of me. My cooktop looks similar to the one in the photo.
@ebanreb (4746)
@Corbin5 I see thank you for the information now i know.
I am glad you found a solution to the knob problem. I hate when something goes missing and do not know where it is. I have gone through everything and finally there it is right in front of me. That does not always happen that way.
Yes, it was rare that it was right there and I thought I had tossed it out. I felt quite silly.
@Corbin5 Deborah, things happen so don't feel silly.
I thought that the one beside the "missing" one shouldn't be there. I'm glad that you got this under control.
I was relieved, but it sure took me long enough to realize the knob was right before my eyes.
@ilocosboy (33256)
problem solved and now you have another one from online.
Yes, I will have a spare. Whew!
Glad you got it all figured out.
Well, it sure took a long time to figure out that it was right there on the cooktop. I sure did a lot of searching.
You searched in places I dare not go!
The search through the garbage was definitely a very bad experience.
At least you got it figured out.
Sure took me long enough. Oh well, I saved $12.95.
That's funny. Hopefully, you were able to cancel your order.
I did cancel the order. Whew. However, come to think of it, an extra knob would come in handy.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
Senior moment...sometimers....brain fart....all of the above. Glad you sorted that out. It's like the moment I realized I had misplaced my cellphone. Blind panic as I'm telling my sister I have no idea where I might have left it. Duh...I was talking to my sister on the missing cellphone. Yup...I'm blonde.
Thank you so much for sharing your moment. Wish I had discovered the knob sitting right there before digging through the garbage.
• Denmark
Can you stop the order of the - now superfluous - extra knob?
I did stop the order, but I am thinking I may have need for that knob in the future. Oh well, I can always place that order again if a knob goes "missing" again. I think I should have a spare on hand.
Didn't you have fun You made me feel so good, I often go through things like that and boy is it totally frustrating ..... usually, if it's something small, I'll find it in one of my pockets which of course I didn't check.
I do that so often. That's why I checked my purse too. I start zooming to get things done around here as quickly as possible, and I lose things all the time.
Zooming, huh @Corbin5 yeah, if I start zooming I could wind up on the floor , with me it's carelessness , I'll have something in my hands .... like the car/house keys .... and get sidetracked so I put the keys down and within an hour I've forgotten where I put them.
@rebelann Life does seem to get much harder as the years go by. Poor us!
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
I have done things like this too lol. Looking right at it and not seeing it. It's getting more numerous as I age I'm afraid to say.
Same with me. Takes me a lot longer to figure things out these days.
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
@Corbin5 It's hell getting old lol.
@fishtiger58 It certainly is!!!
Don't you hate it? I'm glad you solved the problem.
I do hate when I lose something we really need due to all the work trying to get a replacement.
@Corbin5 And then it's even more annoying when the new part arrives and you find the old!
@JudyEv Been there; done that.
• Preston, England
glad you got it sorted ok
Sure took me long enough to realize the knob was right before my eyes. Life is hard.
• Preston, England
@Corbin5 at least now you have a spare