Is 'Belief in the Power of Prayer' Fruit of a Lie from Hell?

"prayer without action" http://www.bing.com/images?FORM=HDRSC2&rrid=_4a4d8ca6-d007-c59d-34cf-7b40dfa07200
@mythociate (13927)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
In an article by Brother Kenneth Copeland (in Kenneth Copeland Ministries' Believer's Voice of Victory magazine) a 'sub-header' in the article reads, "Money is the lowest form of power in the kingdom of God. The highest kind is prayer-power. SO IN THIS MINISTRY PRAYER IS FRONT-AND-CENTER." Maybe Brother Copeland explains that 'prayer-power' is somehow different from "jus` prayin`"; but ... http://www.rationalchristianity.net/prayer_action.html 'prayer' is like 'vocal response to Faith,' and "Faith without works is dead." The Copelands' prayers won't help their partners' lives any unless they or the partners 'do something' in reaction to those prayers! ('Praying for sick partners to get better' does nothing unless the partners make healthier choices, or better doctors are hired or something; 'praying that poor partners get rich' does nothing unless the partners find new opportunities or the pray-ers offer opportunities to them ...)
Amen
• Abuja, Nigeria
To me the key to answer prayer is having faith and a heart of thanksgiving
@mythociate (13927)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@Samuelnwabuisiyahoo i.e. you don't 'ask and then forget what you're in need-of' (you ask and then watch for a response)
• Abuja, Nigeria
@mythociate yeah you ask according to Phillipians 4...WITH PRAYER AND SUPPLICATION AND THANKSGIVING LET YOUR REQUEST BE MADE KNOWN UNTO GOD
@josie_ (5115)
There is power in prayer but I'm skeptical of those miracle prayer rally/ meetings where a preacher would "perform" healing among the audience. I also wonder about the gullibility of people who believe in the power of TV pastors to somehow "transmit" healing through the airwaves. You hit the nail on the head. Do not rely only on prayers but "do something". We have a saying in Filipino, "Nasa dios ang awa, nasa tao and gawa" (God gives mercy to those who help themselves)
@mythociate (13927)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
That reminds me of the whole mix-up between 'God allowing things to happen' and 'God making things happen.' Charles Capps says that that's why there are a lot of things they say "God did" in the Old Testament when all that God actually did was 'not stop someone else from doing.' It seems to me that God gave all authority to mankind on the seventh day.
@mythociate (13927)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@josie_ Reminds me of Jesus' parable of The Pharisee & the Publican---where the Publican bent down to the altar & wailed at how unworthy he was, while the Pharisee looked down on him with a haughty aire and Thanked God he wasn't low & humble. But the Publican was "Justified before God," while the Pharisee was not. "For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." (He doesn't mention it, but 'what the Pharisee should have done is ... what, "have pity on the Publican & remind him to Have Faith in God"?)
@josie_ (5115)
@mythociate _Didn't Jesus say "Render unto Caesar..." so why should the tax collector feel unworthy? He was only doing his job. This parable to my understanding is about the church putting too much emphasis on doctrines and rituals. Many people just attend Sunday mass but for the rest of the week don't practice their faith. My mother-in-law was one of the most devoted follower of Christ I have known (she passed away) But she hardly if at all attended mass preferring instead to follow Matthew 6:6