Making Memories

Today we ventured out for our Christmas tree. There is a tree farm that has trees for $39 and you can cut your own. It was a first for Little Miss. She loved walking through the rows of trees. We finally set out eyes on the one that my hubby and I agreed upon. Little Miss helped cut the tree and trim the lower branches. Have you ever cut your own tree or do you prefer a precut or artificial tree?
I love that photo! I bet Little Miss will remember this outing. We have cut down our own tree before.
She really had a good time. I know that she will remember it. She is smart as a whip.
@ElusiveButterfly She is adorable too!!!
What a great photo and she sure is helping out. I think many years ago we had real trees, don't think we ever cut them ourselves though.
@Susan2015 when my kids were little, I bought a real tree only once. I preferred to go to the closet and get our tree out of storage.
we used to this in my early days.Not any more.It was fun taking the family and made a morning of it. I love live tree.The smell is awesome
@ramapo17 (19051)
• Melbourne, Florida
There is nothing like the smell of the live trees.
@ramapo17 I can't wait to get it inside and decorate it!
@ramapo17 (19051)
• Melbourne, Florida
@ElusiveButterfly Have fun. There is nothing like the smell of a real tree. The year we had the big one, it was between 10-12 feet and we decorated it all in New York Giants decorations. That was the year they won the super bowl.
@ramapo17 (19051)
• Melbourne, Florida
We cut down our own Christmas tree many years ago. The kids were little then. Now we have an artificial tree which I always said I would never do. Things change as we get older.
My husband is set in his ways. As long as he doesn't mind putting the dang thing up, taking it down, and cleaning up after it, we will have a real tree.
@ramapo17 (19051)
• Melbourne, Florida
@ElusiveButterfly We were like that when we lived in Pennsylvania as we could go out in the woods and get one. I haven't seen any live ones here in Florida. We usually go up to New Jersey so I don't see any sense in putting one up. I am going to get a small one for the house we are staying at for 2 weeks.
@ramapo17 I know it is a lot of work to keep a real tree, but as long as hubby waters it and cleans up the needles when it is taken down, I am okay with it. My SIL is an environmentalist and goes out to the woods to find her perfect tree. I am not interested in going out to do that!
When we were kids we use to help our dad cut down the tree. Now I have an artifical one. My son and daughter in law took their boys to cut down their Christmas tree yesterday.
Some balk about the fact that is is killing a tree. However, there are tree farms that grow them specifically for Christmas trees. They replant them often to replenish the trees.
@Ganma7 (2014)
We did too now artificial works for me
@ElusiveButterfly They always go to a tree farm to get theirs.
What a great memory you made today. We used to go to a tree farm and cut our own down when our son was younger. it was a lot of fun too. When he was 7 we moved to a home that had dry heat, so we feared that a real tree wouldn't last and went to artificial and have had one ever since.
My husband would freak if I were to bring an artificial tree into our home. I am all for an artificial one.
@ElusiveButterfly I was afraid of the same thing, but because of the fire risk a real one posed he was the one that initiated buying an artificial one.
@Juliaacv We keep ours well watered. Even so I worry. We now have LED lights and they run cool.
That is a great photo. Little miss will be making so many happy memories and won't you be doing the same? Everything becomes new again when you take a child along. (Sounds a good name for a song! )
She really can put a smile on your face even when you are feeling down. She can also push your buttons too though!
I would never do that. I love the plastic one too much.
I prefer an artificial one that you only need to go as far as your closet to retrieve!
@kobesbuddy (19625)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We always had a real tree, and we cut it down different times. Now, we have allergies to real trees so have to use an artificial version.
I have heard of people having allergies to real trees. My husband would tell me to take an allergy pill!
@kobesbuddy (19625)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@ElusiveButterfly My husband takes an Alavert, which helps his breathing for 24 hours.
@kobesbuddy is that all he takes for treatment?
@1creekgirl (8703)
That really is a good way to make wonderful memories. We use an artificial tree because of allergies.
Many people have to use artificial trees for that reason Vicki.
Always used an artificial one.
Never had a real tree. Little miss must have had so much fun !
@ramapo17 (19051)
• Melbourne, Florida
That is sad not to have experienced a real tree at least once.
@ramapo17 i have, at my bfs and hated it. I love the fake trees.
When I was with my first husband, he insisted on getting a real tree every year. After we divorced, I bought a fake tree. Only had a real tree once so the kids could have a memory of it. Well, after they had to take turns crawling under the tree to water it, and have the hidden needles poke them in their bare feet, they said it was okay to get out the artificial tree again.
@Ganma7 (2014)
What a great picture. Nice memory. When my kids were growing up we always cut our own tree down. Loved doing that.
My husband is the tree freak. One year we ventured out to a tree farm and spent over an hour searching for the perfect tree. It was cold, snowing, my feet were getting cold and my boots leaked too. We finally found one that we agreed upon and he cut it down, dragged it back to the truck, loaded it up, paid for it, and we were on our way. I grumbled.
@Ganma7 (2014)
@ElusiveButterfly sounds like me when my girls were growing up. Memories to treasure
@rina110383 (23073)
We use artificial tree at my parents' place. We don't have real Christmas trees here in our country.
@ramapo17 (19051)
• Melbourne, Florida
What country do you live in,?
@shubhu3 (13571)
• New Delhi, India
That's nice. I haven't done it ever
@Icydoll (244)
I prefer to own tree.btw the picture looks good.ur little miss too cute.thats great she helping u .
She really enjoyed helping get the tree.
• Denmark
I haven't done that but many people do that here. It's a great event especially if you have children.
Little Miss had a good time that day. She was very excited last night when my husband brought the tree inside. We are decorating it today.
I like to use a small branch. Actually, just throw a needle or two on the carpet.
One can only tolerate getting a needle in a bare toe once in awhile. Even once is too much though.
It is prohibited to cut down pine trees in my city. But I think it is nice to have one in the house.