Another nice weekend with my kids and boyfriend

Saturday my daughter went to her friends house from about 1-8. While she was there my son and I went to get groceries. The photo I added is of one of the checkout lanes at Walmart. They were all wrapped in different wrapping paper it was so cute. I got my daughter a like new signed copy of a Set It Off cd. That is the start of the Christmas shopping. He and I go home at about 6pm. I was only home about 2 minutes when my boyfriend dropped in with his son, dog and pizza. We weren’t able to watch Netflix as my internet was lagging so bad. The spent the night. Today he put up new curtain rods I bought for my daughters room and I sewed his sons pajamas. His son and my daughter walked to town with $4.10 to spend on soda and whatever else to bring home to share. They got home about an hour and a half later and did not have any soda but each had eaten candy and had a little left. That was the first time they have ever gone on their own like that. My boyfriends dog is in heat for the first time and I went through so many rags today cleaning up after her. All my animals I had fixed so I never had to deal with this before. I will definitely be getting my puppy fixed over the next few months!
A friend of mine used to put disposable nappies on her poodle when it was in heat. It looked utterly ridiculous but I guess it saved some cleaning.
I had very large kid diapers my son used about 2 years ago. I gave them all to my sister after he stopped needing then in case her daughter needs them some day. I said to my boyfriend that its too I didn't still have any but he figured she would just rip it apart to get it off.
@shaggin That's very possible too - that she'd rip it off.
@JudyEv It would make for some funny pictures and/or videos
@Platespinner (18566)
We've been advised to wait until after Nessie's first heat cycle to get her fixed. I'm really NOT looking forward to having to deal with the mess, but supposedly it's much better for the dog's long-term health to wait to get them fixed.
Huh I have never heard that before. With my cats we fixed them all as soon as they were old enough. I will have to ask the vet when she is the right age and see what they say.
Glad they came back safe.. candy is better than soda anyways . Hope you have a good week following this good weekend
Neither is healthy but I wanted them to get something they could bring back and share with my son, my boyfriend and I. They thought the soda would explode when they ran home was the excuse.
@shaggin well I meant better, in my opinion. As I hate soda. Lol. Not healthy wise. But yes both aren't "healthy". Silly kids.
@Courtlynn I rarely drink soda it makes my face itch really bad.
You had plenty of things done. It's better to have the puppy fixed to avoid future problems.
He won’t fix her because he wants to breed her in a few years. She has hip problem she’s was born with so he shouldn’t breed her but he won’t listen to me. My puppy will be fixed like all my cats were as soon as they are able.
@shaggin The golden retriever of my niece had a hip problem, the vet told her to fix her and not to let her breed.
@LadyDuck It is passed down to the puppies a majority of the time. No one wants to spend $400+ buying a puppy that likely will have a hip problem. It is thousands of dollars to fix or the sadness of having them put down.
Glad to hear that you had a good weekend.
Thank you so much! I know you usully post about your weekend so I'll have to pop over to see how it was.
@shaggin I didn't post much about this weekend. It was a quiet relaxing one at home. I didn't do too much.
@Happy2BeMe sometimes those are the best weekends! No time for me to read thia weekend but at least it wasn’t a bad weekend so it’s all good.
You did have a nice weekend. I never had a dog that wasn't fixed, so can't even imagine the mess. lol
This was a first time experience for me too. He doesn't want to get her fixed as he wants to breed her in a few years. She has a bad hip so she should not be bred as it passes down so often to the puppies. I told him he needs to look at it as a loss and to think how he would have felt spending $400 on a puppy that the owners knew likely would have problems. She can't be his hunting dog which is a major part of why he bought her.
@shaggin I agree with you. Poor doggy.
@Tina30219 (26274)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is how kids are but at least they enjoyed their walk to get the candy. Sorry you could not watch Netflix hopefully your problem will be over soon and you can watch it soon. At least both dogs are girls so you don’t have to worry about one getting the other pregnant. But like you said need to get yours fixed soon.
I think he is foolish and only thinking about money by wanting to breed his dog! After dealing with her yesterday I will be sure to get her fixed as soon as she is able just like I did with all three of my cats!
@cahaya1983 (9678)
That a nice idea to decorate the checkout lane. You must be exhausted after doing all that cleaning.
I was extremely tired! I don't sleep well when my boyfriend sleeps in my bed so I was already tired before having to do so much cleaning.
@nela13 (707)
• Portugal
It seems you had a nice weekend
I did besides cleaning up after the dog in heat. She makes such a mess with drinking her water as it is. Usually once a week I have a small load of rags to wash. This time I had a large load
@nela13 (707)
• Portugal
@shaggin ohhh I Hope you fixed her soon.
@nela13 She is my boyfriends dog and he wants to breed her so he won’t get her fixed. She has a hip problem she was born with so she shouldn’t be bred but he isn’t listening to me. Thankfully they only go in heat once or twice a year.
@yanzalong (8867)
That was really a great weekend.
It was nice but not much time alone to relax. Better then having a bad weekend though.
@yanzalong (8867)
@shaggin it is true what you said.
@JESSY3236 (5066)
I haven't noticed the check out lanes in Walmart lately. That's a cute idea. Sunday my mother, my uncle, and I went to a Christmas walk-about at a local park. They had live animals and talked about what happened in Bethlehem. It was really cool.
There are quite a few Walmart’s an hours drive from me. I took this photo at the one and it always decorated great. It has huge Christmas tree that people like to take photos of their kids in front of it.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Sounds like a lovely weekend, good every one got along, just sorry about Netflix and then all the rags you had to go through.
It was exhausting all the extra clean up but anytime I can spend with my bf makes me happy. It was a nice weekend.
Christmas is really here. I shall begin my Christmas shopping this week.
I plan to start online shopping tomorrow night.
I have almost decided not to get a dog after my beautiful Luna was stolen from my house.
Oh wow I don't think I remember that happening How sad! When did this happen?
@Deepizzaguy (7654)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Thank you for sharing your great weekend.
I enjoy writing about my days and reading about how others spend theres. Thank you for taking the time to read it.
• Dallas, Texas
Taking care of dogs is about like little children I think. Looks like shopping at Walmart this time of year will make me go broke again. Like the pic. It's good to be in the spirit of Christmas again.
I think kids are usually harder. Thankfully my puppy is a really good dog. I got lucky with her personality.