Ten Favorite Pop Songs: Till I Waltz Again With You (#4)

@FourWalls (9881)
In addition to my favorite “back” songs I’m counting down my favorite songs from the bygone era of pop music. The “golden oldies,” as it were, the time when singers sang. Here’s the next song on my list of favorite pop songs. #4: Till I Waltz Again With You - Teresa Brewer Holy cow, do I love this woman’s voice. She sounded like she was knocking the walls down when she sang. And to think when she recorded her legendary song “Music! Music! Music!” she was only 18 yeas old. Here she was a whopping 21 (don’t all 21-year-olds sing like this?) as she went to town on this gorgeous ballad. She went from almost a whisper to torch singer in one line. My parents had a “greatest hits” album that was early 60s re-recorded versions of Brewer’s biggest hits. That’s where I fell in love with her voice. And I still love her voice. Till I Waltz Again With You Written by Sid Prosen Recorded by Teresa Brewer Released as a single, 1953 Though it may break your heart and mine:
DISCLAIMER: All music, lyrics, videos and photos, remain copyright of their respective owners. No infringement intended. Used for the Artist's promotional pu...
@crossbones27 (15112)
• Redlands, California
That's Awesome, love old songs like that. Not sure you are into Video Games, but the Fallout Franchise has some of the best old songs ever. Really how I got turned on to this style of music. Really neat to hear and sad people cannot see how high quality it is. Better than pop now, was about the music, not to make a buck.
@FourWalls (9881)
No, I don’t play video games. My gaming amounts to Bejeweled Blitz and solitaire. The other great thing about the music back then was it was about the music and not about the “personality” or “image” or the person doing the singing. It was also unique: nobody else sounded like Teresa Brewer, just as no one else sounded like Sinatra or Dino or any of the others I’ve used. I’m glad video games are using these standards to let a newer generation get to enjoy them.
She was in the movie Those Redheads from Seattle.
@FourWalls (9881)
I saw that movie still in one of the videos on You Tube. I don’t understand why they made her a “redhead from Seattle”— she was from Toledo! (And a much prettier woman than Toledo’s other famous resident, Max Klinger! )
She indeed has a magical voice. I remember her well from my young days.
I'm not a big fan of the songs from the 1950's, so sorry, I don't like this one.
@FourWalls (9881)
No biggie. Music, comedy, food preferences......all subjective and individual.
I cant say I recognize this one by name but bet I would if I heard it.
@LoriAMoore (9949)
I've actually heard of her. Haven't played the song/video yet but I bet I'll like her.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Love it, im a music lover and i love old songs like that.
Damn, what a voice!