The Things I get Myself Into!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Meet Stanley. He’s not a very well rounded individual. His personality is a little flat and if you were to analyze his persona you would probably decide that he is very much a two-dimensional character. At the beginning of Thankgiving weekend, I received a text asking if I could turn a jacket into a person for a church drama production. I didn’t have a handy excuse to get me out of the project, and the person sending the text sounded a little desperate, so I agree to tackle the project. After some discussion and a lot head scratching I dug into the pile of cardboard in my garage waiting to be recycled. A couple of hours of cutting and gluing, stitching and adjusting I was able to come up with a workable solution. Flat Stanley has been in the spotlight three times now, waltzing around on stage during a musical number. The audience has greeted his appearance with lots of laughter, which seems to have gone to his head. He’d like to be a stand-up comedian, but he’s not ready to support himself. I guess he’ll have to stick with a sit-down position for the time being. Sometimes my life seems to head down some very strange rabbit trails!
You are so funny, love Stanley
We had entirely too much fun with him.
@RodrickH (1121)
Did you named it?Why do you call it Stanley?
There is a kid's book about a flat Stanley and the name seemed to suit our dummy.
@RodrickH (1121)
@Platespinner The name fits it,I mean he is flat
Heyyyyy, he could be the modern Iron Sides ..... all he needs is wheels.
Cool..lol..you are very creative.
Have you put his clothes on back to front? He seems to be faceless.
He eventually got a very basic emoji face and a wisp of hair. .
You came out with a brilliant idea, flat Stanley is so funny.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
I'd forgot all about Flat Stanley until I read this post. I loved the Flat Stanley books when I was a kid. Your Stanley is a snappy dresser
You are so artistic! At first glance I thought that Stanley was sitting in my house, I have that exact same maple rocking chair-a favorite that my husband gave to me a couple of months before we married. Stanley has your sense of humour, but he looks more like the milkman......
@gnatsmom (770)
what a cute idea
This is so cute. I like him. He is very relaxed as I like it.
What's working for Stanley is that he has a better personality than a cardboard.
@UncleJoe (8609)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, my! I think Stanley is my doppelganger!
You are right, he looks a little 2D!
I bet he can capture people roaming around the place.