Can I carry them to the plane?

plane
Guangzhou, China
Here it is no problem for us to carry the laptop and DSLR with us to the plane. Since they are expensive and important things, I don't want to put them to the luggage. I like to carry them with me to get on board. Next year we will have a travel to USA. I heard that it may be much more strict to have the inspection and I can understand and accept to it. When we travel abroad, the laptop and DSLR can be kept with us to the plane. Is it the same when I get on board to the flight to USA?
@cahaya1983 (9488)
My last trip there was in 2005, and I could keep my laptop and camera in my carry-on luggage. When I traveled to Europe recently I also didn't have issues. I think most airlines allow you to do that since you can even use them on board.
Good to hear that.
@hereandthere (24050)
i think it's better to take your gadgets (laptop, camera) and important documents and personal belongings with you inside the plane, and just clothes, shoes in the big checked-in luggage, so that in case the luggage gets delayed, you still have all the important stuff with you. will you be part of a group tour? or did you plan your own itinerary?
I plan our own itinerary. We don't like joining the group tour.
@youless do you have relatives or friends you will visit there? or will you be staying at hotels?
@hereandthere No, we don't have relatives and friends there. I think it is likely we will stay in the hotel or motel or even airbnb.
@RodrickH (1044)
Preparing for a travel to USA?
Yes, I am.
I can't help you with this but hopefully someone else will.
Yes, you can keep your laptop in your carry on luggage.
@averygirl72 (13817)
Wow that would be nice travelling to the USA. It's one of my dream. I'm not sure about the rules in airports when it comes to gadgets
I would think you could carry them on the plane. But I did see on the news in some countries you're not allowed to board with those items.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
I read about some airlines that implement laptop ban.