Waxed paper love

@sallypup (21929)
Moses Lake, Washington
He takes the time to listen; to act. He's a good guy, this person who has stood by me for 39 years- actually 40 but who is counting? He heard me say that I just could not get the zipper on my jacket to work. Trying to make that zipper work hurt my thumb muscles. He took the jacket and rubbed waxed paper on the zipper. Now that he has fixed that jacket I can use it to keep me warm when morning comes. The temps will be sunny but cold- maybe 20 above. It will be wonderful to be able to stay warm while I scrape the ice off the car.
I've heard of rubbing a lead pencil or soap on a zipper too. You will be needing that coat from now on.
@sallypup (21929)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv I will remember that about the soap. That's a good idea, too.
yes nwaxed paper nloved hats iwow reminds meoif the things my hbby used to do too lie the wheelbarrow of shastga dasiey plats because I c ompaied I never got flowers from him lol
@sallypup (21929)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Hatley You were a lucky lady to be part of such a team. Your hubby was somebody special. I'm glad you had him with you for so long though it hurts you deeply now cause he is gone.
How nice he got it to work, and I hope you stay warm.
I didn't know about that little trick. I'm glad you don't have a zipper problem anymore and can keep warm scraping ice off the car.
@sallypup (21929)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@just4him Hubby says his Mom told him about the wax paper- use that or a candle. I hate to spend another hundred dollars on a jacket when maybe this one can be still be used.
@sallypup I can understand that. Nobody likes to spend money mindlessly. At least I don't. I'm glad you learned that little trick.
@dodoazo (11251)
Do you consider it love? Anyone who happened to see someone in trouble would also give assistance. This is how I know unless you've a relationship with each other.
@sallypup (21929)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@dodoazo Interesting take. I do consider it love. I suppose someone on the street could help a stranger in need just cause they don't want to be a jerk but in a way, its a form of love, of giving a dang.
@dodoazo (11251)
@sallypup Love takes so many forms. For others, It's different but for the person concerned, It's love. It's the intention or real intent that counts. Good morning.
it's still warm here, but supposed to be getting cold this week.
@sallypup (21929)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@jillybean1222 Lucky you so far.
@LoriAMoore (10003)
That's a nice fix to the zipper and a heck of a nice guy you have there
What a guy - he takes good care of you !
You have yourself a special guy that's for sure.