do you think household chores should be shared by a family members?

I believe it should be because there are cases when just 1 of the family member appears to be a slave and does all of it which sounds unfair
@louievill (16346)
In our family we share the chores, we also divide the men's work from the women's although it interchanges at times. Depending on what you mean by slave my wife does bulk of the house work, while I do much of the earnings but we interchange roles so both of us are the most enslaved lol!
Here everyone cleans after themselves. It's a disgrace for anyone to be a slave to grown people. But if they want to be let them. When they fall out from knee issues it's their fault.
No one family member should be a "servant." All chores should be divided up.
I think chores should be shared, but not equally. Every family members will do chores according to their responsibility and capability. The boys will wash the car and mown the lawn, the girls will prepare dinner and wash dishes, things like that.
• Denmark
Stop doing everything. Just do your share and leave the rest undone. The other members of the family won't move a finger if they can rely on your doing everything.
@ARN4567 (112)
When we were still young and living in our family house before, I remember that we have our share and schedule of altogether helping in household chores... boys would go fetching water from a well and girls use the water for washing and cleaning purposes, this is just an example of our past share of work and happy in helping not being forced to do it, and I miss those days because each has its own family already...
@dpk262006 (54674)
Ideally, it should be share among family members, but in reality it does not happen due to one reason or the other.
@mohit459 (2848)
• Haldwani, India
Ya it must be!..
@redurnet (934)
I think it depends on what the family do for jobs and how much other work they do outside the house. If one person has a particularly busy life and is helping to make a lot of money for the family then perhaps the other family members might not mind doing more chores instead of them.
I certainly believe that house chores should be shared, not only because it would be unfair if someone always does things but also knowing how to do things around the house is for each of the member's sake. I remember my mom makes us do different house chores even if we have a helper, she said that it is better to know how to do it so if ever we move out, we already know what to do. I am thankful for that since it helped me a lot to become independent.
@prashu228 (22851)
Yes of course they should share
If you live in a household with many people, they should all do their share.