Beaver Does Some Disruptive Christmas Shopping

Riga, Latvia
This is the season that the stores are all full of Christmas shoppers so whey shouldn’t beavers join in on the fun. Only trouble is that is appears they have no idea how to shop. A wild beaver wandered into a dollar store in St. Mary’s County in Maryland back in December of 2016. When shop assistants noticed that the beaver was knocking items off of shelves they decided to call the local sheriff. I think they should have thought about the fact that perhaps this beaver was choosing item he wanted to buy and with his short little hands that end in paws he was knocking down the items he wanted. The poor beaver wanted to make a run for it when the sheriff arrived but Animal Control caught him. The poor fellow never had time to finish his Christmas shopping and soon found himself in a wildlife rehab center. At least he wasn’t put into a jail cell but I still think that it could have been possible he had a family somewhere waiting for him to return. Thus is the life of beavers who decide to do some Christmas shopping. What would be your reaction seeing a beaver doing some Christmas shopping?
Nothing if it was the Beav from Leaie it to Beaver.
Oh, I do hope the beaver was allowed to rejoin his family in the wild. What a sad Christmas it must have been for the beaver not being with family members. I would have liked to have seen the items the beaver was choosing.
• Riga, Latvia
Yes you know I always think that people misunderstand animals they are so much smarter than they are given credit for @Corbin5
@RasmaSandra I agree. People also need to start thinking that animals really do deserve more of our respect.
Some beaver family will be without presents this Christmas.
• Riga, Latvia
It was last year wonder if they let that beaver eventually go @JudyEv
@RasmaSandra Surely they would have. I can't imagine them keeping it in captivity for ages.
I wonder what a beaver would like to buy in a dollar store? Possibly, wood items?
• Riga, Latvia
Perhaps wooden Christmas ornaments I have seen that kind @misunderstood_zombie
@RasmaSandra I think you nailed it. I could only think of a pencil.
@crossbones27 (15253)
• Redlands, California
Thats pretty funny. Nice imagination or is this a true story? Sounds like he would fit in America quite well, but do not tell Trump, he might get deported. Never mind he would not because he was blowing huge chunks of cash and Trump all about that.
• Riga, Latvia
It is a true story it really happened in 2016 too bad beavers don't talk I would have loved hearing his side of the story @crossbones27
• Preston, England
He wanted to buy logs for making a dam - he should have been directed to the right aisle lol
@Srbageldog (5684)
I remember reading about that! Poor ol' beaver, didn't get to finish his Christmas shopping.
@rina110383 (23692)
That would me smile.
That makes for a fun story.
I would probably do what the store manager did... but at the same time I wouldn't. I would just watch in awe and get the little mammal its space..... As long as he pays for what he is getting I am fine... Of if not I will pay for it..