My Bad Dog!

Christmas, dog,
Yesterday, my dog drove me crazy all day long. The worst thing she did was chew up another ornament. The first block was an N and the second an O, and the E is missing. There were 4 of them that spelled NOEL. When I was first married, we really didn't have any ornaments or money, so I sent off for a 20 piece set for 9.99 that I found in a magazine. When I saw how cheap they looked, I was disappointed, but I used them every year, anyway. I loved these four pieces until a bad dog murdered them. It's actually my fault for not putting them out of reach, but she's never touched wood objects before, and I thought it was safe. You can see her asleep, guilt free, and two of her victims in my picture. Even though I get really mad at her sometimes, I don't know what I would do without her.
@UncleJoe (8589)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That's one of the reasons Becky won't let me have a dog in the house. The other is that they scare her chickens.
Not all dogs are as crazy as mine, maybe you could get a little dog.
@UncleJoe (8589)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@misunderstood_zombie I had to settle for a turtle, which is fine, but it takes all day to walk him.
@UncleJoe Haha. Good one Uncle Joe.
@alberello75 (13182)
• Genova, Italy
Do you think it's possible to blame a dog?
No, I wrote in my post that it's really my fault, because I should have kept them out of reach.
@alberello75 (13182)
• Genova, Italy
@misunderstood_zombie Ok. Thank you. Now I understood
Oh dear. She seems to be pushing her luck but I guess she is well aware of how special she is.
She does push me too far sometimes, but I love her, and I don't know what I would do without her.
Oh, dear. She sure looks adorable when she is asleep!!
Thank you, and she looks innocent. She's really a good dog, and I guess there's not a perfect dog anywhere.
@velvet53 (15385)
• Palisade, Colorado
She just thought they were toys for her. At least you will always have your memories of them and of how they came to be no more.
That makes sense, because wooden things have never appealed to her. You're right, and I try to remember it's only stuff.
@velvet53 (15385)
• Palisade, Colorado
@misunderstood_zombie I know it had to be heart breaking for you. Did you keep them?
@velvet53 My grandson broke off the Santa and I threw the wood away. I'm over it now, especially because I just read about someone's dog dying, and I would rather have her than the ornaments.
@cahaya1983 (9678)
Oh no...sorry to hear about your broken ornament. I wonder what made the dog reach for it after all this while.
I'm not sure why, she will tear up paper but never wood. Maybe, because it's a soft wood.
@redurnet (967)
Sweet dog. My spaniel chewed a toy the other day and swallowed a chunk of plastic. We had a battle before she gulped it down and then I had to wait a day, checking all of her poops, to see if it came through. Thankfully it did but now I'm really careful about what to give her to chew.
It can be hard for me to get anything out of her mouth, also. It's like she has jaws of steel. I'm glad your dog is ok.
@rina110383 (23359)
She's a naughty one.
Yes, she is. She's just lucky I love her.
I'm sorry, but that's pretty funny.
It's just stuff, so I'm over it. I can probably laugh at it soon.
I can see your dog is really spoiled You really adore her a lot She is more like a master
It's true I love her.
I understand what you are saying. When my cat is bad I have to yell at her and I do not like to do that. I could not live without here too. Pets are very special.