It's In!!

As I've mentioned before, I get a letter from my Daughters Adoptive Mom every December telling me a little bit about her, as part of my open adoption agreement. But as I've also mentioned.. most the time, it's all the same info.. hardly any new news. So of course I get both excited and worried.. and this year was no different. Those close to me know that. Well.. My letter is in! It actually came in back on Friday, but neither my Grandmother or Uncle checked the mail until today.. So when my Uncle told me it was in about two hours ago, I was all excited and went right to the post office to pick it up. Didn't even wait to get home to open it. Opened it right there while in line to mail off Christmas cards. Woohoo! Finally, new info! Yay. Makes me so happy! But.. The new info, wasn't the greatest news. So now although I'm over the moon happy the letter came in, and that they finally gave me new info on my babygirl; I'm also sad over the news I got, and not sure how I'm going to handle it. But we'll see.. * Before anyone asks. I can not give out the info that's in my letters. And would rather not on a site like this anyways.
It sounds bittersweet! I'm sorry that it wasn't good new information. But I'm glad you did get a letter.
Yes. . Thank you.
Bless your heart.when will you see her again?
When she's 18 -- 8.5 years from now. Unless she comes to me first.
@sishy7 (27321)
I understand... Thank you for sharing your excitement and the news anyway... I hope things will work out with a happy ending whatever the situation with your daughter might be... Take care!
Of course! Wanted to write about it because of my excitement, and to let all of what I'm feeling out, but also for those who were hoping for good news with me. I hope so too, thank you.
@Ithink (6852)
Im so sorry as I know you have been waiting for this. When will you be able to see her? Im glad you heard from them but sad that it isn't the news you wanted.
Not til shes 18, unless she finds me first
@Ithink (6852)
@Courtlynn Can I ask how old she is now?
I hope that it all works out for you and your daughter. Are you ever able to see her ?
No, just get the letters which is why i get very excited for it. And mad when they dont give new info.
@Courtlynn I'm glad that you get the letters. Hopefully they will get more detailed.
@Tampa_girl7 thanks! This years was pretty detailed for once
One of my grandson was given up and it is an open adoption. He is 14 years old now and has not asked to meet my son. We get a picture of him every year and last year he wrote a letter to my son. His stupid mother wants nothing to do with him. Which I will never understand how she can do that to her own child.
Some kids dont ask, because of thinking they'll hurt their adoptive parents feelings. Some just dont want to see them, even if they write them. All kids are different and have different feelings on the matter. Hopefully one day he'll want to meet.
@Courtlynn I hope your daughter will want to meet you when she turns 18 or even younger.
@jstory07 me too. Really want before 18, but whenever is bette than never
I am glad to hear that you received the letter and that you also received some new information. I am so sorry that the news you received made you sad. I do hope everything is okay with your babygirl.
Thank you! . My emotions are more crazy right now than they have been. But things will be fine.. eventually. I hope.
@Courtlynn i hope so sweetie. I know this is all so difficult for you. I am glad you have such a wonderful mom who will get you through this the best you can.
@Happy2BeMe thank you. Shes my rock. Her and Savannah save me.
I know that you were looking forward to the letter. I'm sorry that it contained such bitter-sweet information, and I hope that everything works out. And I know that its a long ways off, but hopefully next year's letter will contain better information.
I sure hope so! Thank you.
@1creekgirl (8747)
Oh, I know this is a mixed feeling...glad to get some new info, but sad about the other info. We're praying for you and your baby girl. God still performs miracles for us.
Thank you
@Daelii (2066)
I'm happy you got the letter. I'm going to pray that whatever is the not good news can find a path in order to eventually be some great news.
Thank you
Sorry to hear of the not so great news.
Thanks.
@Srbageldog (5486)
I'm so glad you got your letter, but am sorry that it made you sad. I hope everything is okay.
Everything will be, eventually. Thank you