Oh! Christmas Trees

Derby, England
We always have an artificial tree in our main sitting room as I hate pine needles dropping on the carpet. Today we decided that we would have a real tree with roots in a pot in our garden room so two trees to decorate. We put up the artificial tree and decorated that today but the real one is sitting outside for a bit longer before being decorated. I have a few more decorations to put up around the house before we are ready for our guests and Christmas. I am looking forward to my son arriving from Toronto as he has not been back for Christmas for years. My daughter and her partner are arriving up from London on Christmas Eve. We have guests from Australia coming too and they are driving up with my daughter - she is doing the driving! The countdown to festivities has begun as I also posted all the Christmas cards that need mailing this morning.
That's a really big tree.
• Derby, England
@JohnRoberts It isn't as big as it looks as it is sitting on a table
@catsholiday It seems to touch the ceiling.
• Derby, England
@JohnRoberts It does almost there but the ceiling is low there as it is a window alcove
You have guests from Australia? That's nice. And great that your son can get home for Christmas this year. We have a son in Ireland but I'm afraid he won't be home for Christmas.
• Derby, England
@JudyEv The guests from Australia are my ex husband and his wife. They were coming over to stay with my daughter but she finds it quite stressful and asked if they could all come here. I can't say I am looking forward to that part but at least I have my children by doing that.
I'm going to my aunt and uncles for Christmas.
@catsholiday Oh.. Well, in that case, I hope it goes well. These situations can be difficult.
Your tree is so beautiful. So nice that your family is ciming home for Christmas. Nice that yoir son will finally be able to make it home for the holidays. Exciting times ahead for you and your family.
• Derby, England
@Happy2BeMe Thank you so much I went for just gold in this room. I am really looking forward to see my children!
@catsholiday that will be so nice. Will that be all your children?
sounds like they really know how to get into season spirit with family and friends.
I love the smell of pine that you get from the real trees. Your artificial tree is lovely.
• Derby, England
@Kandae11 I do too that is why I thought we would have the one and it will be on a tiled floor so hopefully there won't be too much to clean up in the end.
I like the fake trees better too and I really like the white trees.
• Derby, England
@lnillerman I am not fan of the white or black ones either.
I never want a real tree though they are pretty.
• Derby, England
@sharon6345 I love the smell of a real tree and ours is in a pot so I hope it lasts few years.
real trees are pretty but so messy at the same time.
@catsholiday years you mean your keeping that in your home after Christmas
@sallypup (21746)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That's a perfect spot for that gorgeous tree.
• Derby, England
@sallypup We took a while to choose the spot but it works well and doesn't take up to much room in the room either
I agree with that one and I really don't like the pine needles getting all over the floor either.
• Derby, England
@lnillerman It is awful when the pine needles get stuck into the carpet they are so hard to vacuum out.
@valmnz (13137)
• New Zealand
Sounds like a fun time ahead. Your Australian guests will no doubt notice a difference in temperature!
it will be different for them yes cause they are in the southern hemisphere.
• Derby, England
@lnillerman yes they live in Queensland so it is hot and often wet at Christmas time. I do miss a hot Christmas:(
Your tree is beautiful!!! You have some wonderful people visiting you this season.
sounds like everything is gonna be perfect.
• Derby, England
@Corbin5 It will certainly be interesting but I am looking forward to seeing my children.
You have quite a beautiful big Christmas tree! How nice it looks!
• Derby, England
@youless Than you I am glad you like it i was happy when I had finished yesterday!
Your tree looks lovely. Sounds like you'll be ready by the time everyone arrives.
• Derby, England
@just4him Thank you, hopefully I will be ready! We had a sandwich in the Champion's Sports Bar & Grill when we visited Green Bay. My husband had the one Man V Food ate!!
@catsholiday I actually know where that is. I've been there once or twice. I generally don't visit bars, but that occasion was with friends for a party of sorts.
@FayeHazel (11533)
Beautiful! I love that you have the two trees. This one is so classy and elegant. Have fun with your guests :-)
• Derby, England
@FayeHazel I will add a photo to another post when I get around to decorating the small real tree in a week or so. We have a heated floor in that room so I don't think it will enjoy being in there too long!
@FayeHazel (11533)
@catsholiday Heated floor sounds nice, but not for the tree. I will love to see your other tree :-)
Wow! I like the Christmas tree. How tall is it?
• Derby, England
@Shavkat Thank you. I think the tree is about five foot tall butt we have it set on a table.
@catsholiday I think it is nice to have such a tree. Enjoy the Christmas season!
@Fleura (6159)
The tree looks lovely. You are very organised already! It sounds as though you will have a full house.
• Derby, England
@Fleura Thank you so much.I have to be organised otherwise the whole thing becomes too stressful
@rina110383 (22926)
That is one huge, beautiful Christmas tree! I love it!
• Derby, England
@rina110383 Thank you so much for your nice comments. It is only about five feet high but we have it on a small table.
sounds like you are all been busy and getting the spirit of Christmas.
• Derby, England
@lnillerman It is keeping me busy and I do love the lead up to Christmas.
That is a very pretty tree. We have a tabletop one but not sure if we will put it up or not.