Holiday reading? plus bonus picture of my kitty cat, Onyx

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I am on my kindle and have been looking at my kindle library looking at my books.Since I have Kindle unlimited I downloaded some Christmas books. Most are in bundles of seven books or sometimes more I am starting one tonight. That got me me to wondering who else likes to read Christmas themed books? Do you have a book to to read for the holiday? Have you already read a book with the theme this year? What book have you read it plan to read, or are reading? I am going to start a bundle of seven books called "Christmas Mysteries" Photo is mine of Onyx my kitty cat on November 30. Has he grown since I posted the last time I posted his picture?
He's in full stretched position. He says you can read while I snooze.
He can stretch even longer than that! He is always stretching standing up and laying down. He has some tight muscle for a seven month old! Yes that is what he told me that I am free to read while he takes his usual nap!
It is nice to meet Onyx finally. I do have some books to read but still, I don't have enough time.
I do know what you mean as I have tons of books but I don't have time to read them as I also go to the library! And I do other things so just can't find time to get to them.
@Marty1 Oh, sorry! I have some books here. I don't have enough time to check them.
@Shavkat I have no time to check my books and read them as I read e-books and library books too!
@sallypup (21839)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That Onyx looks so comfortable. Years ago my Mom gave me a Christmas book. Its a collection of short Christmas stories. I read it aloud with my hubby every December. Thanks for the reminder. I need to get busy on that.
He always makes himself comfortable! That is where he is now. When I go to bed he will wait awhile and joins me in bed. Or he will come running in earlier with a toy in his mouth (I have a mouse i I am sitting next to our bed next to now!) And he plays a minute and is off to dreamland! That book sounds special. I am glad you are reading it each year. I never read a short story of a Christmas theme.
@sallypup (21839)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Marty1 I also write Christmas short stories.
@sallypup wow! Have you ever published a book of those short stories? I bet they would sell a lot as I don't see many books of short stories for the holiday?
@cahaya1983 (9505)
I'm still reading The Streets by Anthony Quinn. Not making much progress with my reading last month, hopefully I can read more this month.
Is the street a good book? I am trying to read more myself. I am in my second book this month.I am reading the double fudge brownie murders by janne fluke my favorite series!
@Marty1 It's a historical fiction, I'm enjoying it so far.
@cahaya1983 I am happy that you are enjoying the book! what period is it written in and is there a special historical event that it focuses
Good night there.I have more than enough books to read.
Good night to you, too! I am sleeping a half hour to an hour at a time with getting up between those sleeps. I have a lot of books to read, but I still go the library and use my Kundle. But I decided I would get into the spirit this year. I don't think I read any last year as I was not doing well last year this time and the whole winter passed by without my noticing it.
@Marty1 are you feeling much better now Jen.
@amadeo yes, I am feeling much better, thank you for the asking!
He looks like a much longer kitty cat than before. He really knows how to relax!! I think I have only read one Christmas-themed book called Skipping Christmas, a long time ago.
I see him daily so I cannot tell if he is longer. He is always stretching like he has tight muscles at only seven months old! He relaxes all the time! He is there right now but after I go to sleep he will be jumping on our bed to sleep with me! If I am thinking right, I can't remember the author, but I think I read skipping Christmas also! The name sounds like I read it but it was a long time ago for me, too
@Marty1 Onyx is just adorable. He loves his Mommy!!!
@Corbin5 I am thinking that, too! We both love each other very much! I love him more than he loves me no matter how much he will argue against that! He thinks he loves me more? Impossible!
I watch a lot of Christmas movies on TV. But I don't read Christmas books. Right now I am reading "People of the Wolf" by W. Michael Gear, Kathleen O'Neal Gear . It is the first in a series.
What is People of the wolf about? Is it good? i wrote down the name and author and will see if I can get it at the library or e-library? What genre is the book? I don't watch too many movies but want to start!
@Marty1 It is about prehistoric people, during the ice age. I enjoy that sort of book.
@paigea When I read the title i thought it might be something like that. Have you read any Jean Auel books like the clan of the cave bear? i think that is like the book you are reading? I have not read that book for many years and feel like reading it again soon.
I read a book called The Stories Behind the Traditions of Christmas. I have actually started to get into Christmas TV movies more than Christmas books.
I never read the book you mentioned, though it does sound like a good book. I don't watch many movies so can't comment on that, but I do love TV shows that work Christmas into the story and of course those cartoons. I have a couple cartoons on DVD for Christmas. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
@Marty1 If you mean movie as in an actual movie I love Meet Me in St. Louis or White Christmas, even though they are oldies. As for TV movie, Switched for Christmas, which just aired on Hallmark Channel was my favorite.
@AmbiePam my aunt watches the Hallmark movies and told me about how great they are. She watches them over and over she loves them all so much. Do you watch them more than once? I may put them on in a few minutes and see what is so great about them. I may go to sleep listening to one.
@Tina30219 (26614)
• Onaway, Michigan
I love to read holiday themed books reading one right now. After the holidays I am going to keep saving my amazon and start getting the books I need to finish out these series I have started and need to get finished.
I am going to start buying a few regular price books a month! I want to start reading more series. I think the authors I love I am almost up to date with the most current books they have written I have a few books on pre-order coming with this month or next year sometime to my kindle. I do that so I can keep up to date on their writing. What is the holiday book you are reading now? Do you plan to read any Christmas bundle books?
@Tina30219 (26614)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Marty1 I have a bundle set on my kindle right now. The book I am reading now is the Christmas catch by Ginny Baird. I just posted about it. I am thinking of joining the kindle unlimited it will help me finish my books I need to finish faster in the series I need to finish.
@Tina30219 when looking up books for Christmas I don't think I saw the one you are reading. I will have too look for it. I will look for your post after I press the comment button! Kindle Unlimited is the greatest! just watch when you start a series to make sure the whole series can be read with kindle unlimited as a few not too many though start being part of the program and might have 8-10 more books that each cost a few dollars each. I don't read a series book unless the whole series can be read on the program.
It's been a while since I read a Christmas themed book. I started writing one last year, but that one has been sidelined for the moment.
It has been awhile for me since the last time I read one. I never attempted to write one, but i am positive yours will be a bestseller when you finish it.
@Marty1 Thanks for the confidence for it.
The "Christmas Mysteries" series sounds very interesting, I am going to check if it's available here. Onyx is beautiful, look how he loves his spot on the windowsill.
I hope you can find it! i started a different book for the holidays that I borrowed the ebook from the library on my Kindle called "Mistletoe Murder" by Leslie Meier as i have to give that one back. It is really good so far! Thank you for saying Onyx is beautiful! He does really like laying in his bed on the windowsill! He does also sit on the living room sill, but it is not wide enough for a be., Onyx sends his love and meows to his Aunt Anna who he loves so much!
@Marty1 Tomorrow I go to Italy to see my Mom, I will visit a library while there to see if I can find those books. A Big hug to you and to beautiful Onyx.
Not really into Christmas-themed books. I do like to watch Christmas-themed movies. Onyx looks like the boss of the house!
He is the boss who gets to do almost anything he pleases! I don't watch too many movies with a Christmas theme but want to start watching them. I have watched TV shows with that theme and love them!
I haven't read a Christmas theme book for many years. I think the last one I read was Skipping Christmas. However, when my Kindle was new I downloaded a Charlie Brown Christmas..You touched the snowflakes and they changed shapes. It was neat! Kids would have loved that so much!
I read a library book last Christmas called "Merry Christmas Alex cross" a James Patterson book the first one I ever read one by him. i don't rememebr if it was one of his newer books that he wrote with somebody else or a solo novel. I boight skipping Christmas some days ago.I didn't think that John Grisham wrote books not about legal things? I looked up a Charlie brown Christmas and got many of them and i think they are all different as they all cost different prices. do you remember which one you read?
@JESSY3236 (5049)
I haven't been reading Christmas themed books. Onyx is handsome. Lily has grown her winter coat. She all fluffy now.
i bet Lily looks adorable all fluffy! Onyx is losing his hair a bit as it is loose on his body laying there but no hair anywhere else!
@shivamani10 (10654)
• Hyderabad, India
No . sorry I do not read any such books. I always keep busy enjoying festivals.
That is good you enjoy festivals so much! Hope you have a good time at the next festival that you go to.
@rina110383 (23095)
Such an adorable cat.
Thank you! He is my pride and joy!
Your cat is so beautiful. I have Kindle Unlimited also, but I mainly read zombie books, and not Christmas books.
Thank you! I have not come across any Zombie books yet. I would not mind trying one to experience that genre as I mostly read mysteries especially cozy mysteries.I am trying to expand my reading horizons.
Onyx looks beautiful and he has such a shiny coat! You must be feeding him really well for him to look so healthy
His coat is very shiny and so soft feeling too. His food is kind of expensive but he was fed that in the shelter. I get a six pound bag delivered to my house once a month as I have a subscription to it and pay $11.99/a bag so maybe that is why he looks so shiny. Thank you for the kind words!
tgats a nlovey photo of tir cat I alwaysreade cristj ascarolkl
I love the Christmas Carol it is a good book. It must be to have lasted so long and have so many Christmas movies and Tv based on that book. Thank you for liking my photo; my kitty says hello to you and gives you a big meow!