Are You Afraid of Clowns?

https://pixabay.com/en/clown-comedian-nose-circus-funny-362155/
I have a family member who is terrified of clowns. She won't even look at a picture of one. I don't judge her, because I can't look at a picture of spiders without feeling queasy. A couple of years ago, there was a phase in the US where people dressed in clown costumes hid and scared people. This would scare me, especially late at night. Are you scared of clowns? What's your biggest fear.
I'm not afraid of clowns. Clowns are afraid of me.
@FourWalls (9960)
I like your attitude!
@FourWalls thanks. First time that someone said they liked my attitude. People usually say they like my good looks and charm!
@FourWalls (9960)
@allen0187 — well, according to your profile, you’re a legend, so I like that too!
I have never been scared of clowns. Heights yes, clowns no.
I'm scared of heights also.
@FourWalls (9960)
I’m not. When I was little there were two local kiddies shows that had clowns. Plus, my uncle is a clown (well, we’re all clowns in the family, but he’s a professional, as in he teaches courses in clowning). Plus, horror movies were different when I was a kid, too. Alfred Hitchcock had me scared of birds!!!
@FourWalls (9960)
@LoriAMoore — Presto was creepy because he was a terrible magician. I was 10 years old and could see what he was doing. Cactus Tom Brooks on T Bar V Ranch, on the other hand, was nothing to be scared of (although a lot of kids were).
The Birds are very tame compared to what's out there now, but it also scared me too.
No I am not afraid of clowns. I don't think I have a big fear. My sister saw the movie IT (the original one on TV) and Pennywise scared the crap out of her. She doesn't like clowns to this day.
IT scared me also. Even though I didn't watch all of it, when he was down in the drain, I've never looked at curb drain again.
No not really scared of them. There have been a few that look strange that creep me out.
I think your're right. Creepy is a better term than scary.
Clowns are supposed to be funny.
A lot of people like them. I guess it's one of those things that you either love it or hate it.
@Scrapper88 (1225)
As of right now;I am not scared of clowns. It might be another story if I met a clown face to face.
That's really true, it's easy to dismiss fears, but we never know how we're going to feel face to face.
@topffer (30610)
• France
I always liked clowns, they are associated with fun and laughter in my mind since my first years.
That's great that you love them. I've never liked slapstick comedy, so even as a kid I didn't like them very much.
@topffer (30610)
• France
@misunderstood_zombie Usually any toddler/kid likes circus.
@topffer I did like the circus, just didn't care for them. I was just to cool a kid for mere clowns.
Not at all.
Maybe because you're invisible.
I'm not but I know that some have a real phobia about them.
I guess we all have our fears, I know I have a long list.
@rina110383 (23071)
No, I'm not afraid of clowns, unless they are killer clowns.
Those would be the worst kind.
@franxav (3727)
In my childhood I saw clowns in circuses and they really made me laugh. Now I understand it is a difficult job and this doesn't make me laugh.
I'm sure it is a difficult job, especially in the rodeo.
@josie_ (5114)
She probably had a bad experience with a clown during her childhood. Maybe in a fair or carnival?
No, it happened after she grew up. It's weird how we let fear into our lives.
I know there are several horror movies about clowns. Some people are afraid of the clowns due to it. But I am not afraid of the clowns at all.
I am not afraid of clowns. I find them more interesting when they do the magic tricks in certain events.
I am not afraid of clowns..unless it might be Uncle Joe..
• Dallas, Texas
Creepy Clowns mainly. They are people who hide behind the mask just to do bad stuff to scare people but as for the Sad Clowns that were introduced last year to TheSims4, it seemed as though all they needed was a little love to get them back in a good mood.
Maybe, all clowns just need love.
• Dallas, Texas
I know a lot of people are, but I'm not one of them. My greatest fear is heights.
I'm terrified of heights also. I wish I wasn't because it can be very limiting.
@misunderstood_zombie Yes, it can. I'm sorry you are too.
@Madshadi (4732)
• Brussels, Belgium
I'm not scared of clowns but I wouldn't like people dressed as clowns to jump in every corner to scare me. And some people may have heart attacks from such pranks. So irresponsible.
I've always thought the same thing. Even young people may have heart problems. I might have heart attack if a clown jumped out at me late at night.
@Madshadi (4732)
• Brussels, Belgium
@misunderstood_zombie I don’t understand how some people would find that risk funny.
@redurnet (952)
When I was a kid I went through a phase of being terrified of clowns. This was because I watched Poltergeist when I was far too young. My mum bought me a clown ornament and I had to throw it in the bin as I was afraid it would come alive and kill me.