I closed the window....

Pixabay image
Rochester, New York
Yeah I really closed it. Normally I don't close the window until it actually starts snowing, but tonight there is a super cold breeze blowing and my room was like an ice box. I don't mind being cold in bed as it helps me sleep, but outside of bed I hate it. I also have 2 blankets on my bed so I bundle up under those and sleep tight. When do you close your windows?
My windows have been closed for awhile. I dont like being cold.
@BellaDoc (754)
• San Diego, California
Me neither. That's why I live in San Diego. :)
@BellaDoc Lucky you!
• Rochester, New York
I don't mind a chill, because I can put on a sweater. I just love the fresh air.
We only have French doors in the bedroom so I keep those closed unless it's stinking hot.
• Rochester, New York
Those must be beautiful to wake up to the view outside.
@LisaSteinmetz And sometimes there are kangaroos in the bit of a garden outside the door.
@rina110383 (23092)
My windows are always closed.
@BellaDoc (754)
• San Diego, California
Flies? Bugs? Burglars?
• Rochester, New York
I love having mine open. The fresh air is great.
Mine were closed in October lol.
• Rochester, New York
You don't like being cold huh? lol
Our windows are closed, it already snowed here.
@BellaDoc (754)
• San Diego, California
Sounds cold!
@BellaDoc Yes it's cold, especially during the night and in the morning, it's around 28 F.
• Rochester, New York
I usually only close them when it starts snowing, but it's been in the 30's here as of late.
I do try to keep the windows open if I am at home and the weather permits it. I like airing out the house whenever possible. But right now it's super windy . . . coldness and dust flying around everywhere . . . it's nighttime now so we're keeping them shut!
@BellaDoc (754)
• San Diego, California
I do that too.
@BellaDoc Now we have wild fire smoke in the mix . . . we won't be opening the windows for a while.
• Rochester, New York
I don't blame you for shutting them. I tend to close them half way during storms so it doesn't rain inside the house.
@cahaya1983 (9618)
Only at night. We don't have winter here so I usually leave them open most of the time.
• Rochester, New York
Why do you close them at night? Intruders?
@LisaSteinmetz No, mosquitoes.
@Deepizzaguy (7622)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The windows stay closed most of the time since I do not need to catch a cold from the bad weather outside.
• Rochester, New York
Very true and wise way to look at it.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@LisaSteinmetz That is true because having a cold is not fun.
@Morleyhunt (16688)
I close my Windows when the furnace starts. I'm not in the mood to heat the outdoors.
@BellaDoc (754)
• San Diego, California
Right!
• Rochester, New York
I usually shut my heat vents when it kicks in and open them when the window is closed.
My bathroom window is open most of the time, unless it's freezing. If I want some fresh air in the house I open other windows as and when. I love my fresh air.
@kepweng (6381)
if you closed the window how santa clause can Gave hes gift?
• Rochester, New York
We have a chimney and I sent him a key a few years ago. I painted it with blue and silver glitter nail polish.
@BellaDoc (754)
• San Diego, California
Sounds cold. It was very cold here last night. 58F. I had to put the heating on - first time this winter as it was 68F inside the house. Which is not actually cold but I wanted the house to be toasty at 5am today.
• Rochester, New York
I don't mind a chill because I can put on a sweater.
I closed it today when I woke up. The chill was too bad for me. But my bedroom is open. I can't imagine how low the temp would be for me to get under the blanket.it's truly something I can't do. You see that bedding there. I sleep on top of it with a cover. I have no idea when last I pulled it to get under it.
• Rochester, New York
I love that bedroom of yours! It's beautiful. I don't mind being chilly when in bed, because I can cover up. Plus I sleep better if I'm a bit chilly. I get tired when I'm cold so it works out for me.
Where I lived in Minneapolis it was so warm inside my apartment in winter that I had to open the window. Here in Jerusalem I close everything because it is both cold inside and outside here and have to have some kind of heating system to keep us warm.